Pond Boss
Posted By: hiker26 Flouridone vs flouridone vs flouridone - 05/06/17 04:03 PM
Frequent visitor....infrequent log in.....till I can't find an appropriate thread!
Small 1/4 acre pond ...maybe avg depth 4 feet...deepest 8. Old natural pond like many in northeast Ohio. Anyway, 7 - 8 years ago got serious on reclaiming it....lots of trees here so a ton of organic in water.
Diffuser etc which runs 24/7 ....found out the hard way 2-3 winters back almost 100%
Winter kill .....now have shallow water for winter....really appreciate the effort and thought that has helped me out on various questions I have posed.

Brings us to today's question. I used sonar to clean out watermeal and duckweed back when. Used reward the last year or so to "clean up" traces....with weather, schedules etc have fallen way behind on duckweed this year....so it is back to flouridone. Local pond supply guy said only thing that would work....now looking around for better value ...I see flouridone pellets ...."off brand ?" Etc.

Thoughts and recommendations would be greatly appreciated
Posted By: esshup Re: Flouridone vs flouridone vs flouridone - 05/18/17 04:19 AM
I would go with the liquid fluridone. The plants are on the surface, not at the pond bottom, where the pellets are targeting the plants. Yes, the fluridone gets in all the water column, but I would go with the liquid, such as Sonar A.S. It is available in as small of a container as 8 fl. oz.
© Pond Boss Forum