Pond Boss
As most of you in the southeast know we are in what may be the worst drought in history. Just curious, how far down are your lake and pond levels?
In Central Alabama our 80 acre lake is down about two feet causing me to have to back the boat off of it's cradle forcefully.
I am on the SE GA coast and if it wasn't for the 6 inch with the first Tropical Storm and the 8-10 inches I got with the Hurricane I would be dry. My pond is about to its normal high since I had it increased in size, around 7ft deep
It's the driest and warmest, sunniest fall I can remember here in NW Arkansas. Pond is down 35.5 inches from full. Worried. No rain in 10 day forecast.
kingfish, i am in east central alabama, about 20 minutes from auburn. i missed every little rain this summer. there were a few rains near me and i didnt get a drop from them. i finally bit the bullet and installed a 1.5 hp electric pump to pull from a nearby stream. i bet i would be down 5ft if it wasnt for the pump. i am currently full. 2 acre pond.
What's that old saying....Misery loves company. Here in Northern Illinois we are suffering the same as you guys. Every rain has just missed us. Pond is going into winter at low pool it looks like. Happy I added some deeper areas last year so maybe I can get thru the winter with careful aeration. Our pond is a water table pond which I think might actually help as evaporation losses are not a big concern as they are made up right away from the water table. Bad news is the water table must be slowly dropping. frown
© Pond Boss Forum