Posted By: canyoncreek Re: This forum - 11/09/16 08:48 PM
What was it this time?
Posted By: Zep Re: This forum - 11/09/16 09:01 PM
Originally Posted By: sprkplug
Often just causes me to shake my head.

Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: This forum - 11/10/16 01:01 AM
Often just causes me to shake my head.

Sparkie, it's easy to become jaded by the the present climate. I mean, cooling waters, lethargic lepomids, and short days can reduce the strongest amongst us to a state of lassitude and equivocation. But instead of shaking your head, I think you need to engage in some really definitive, positive, NODDING, as demonstrated by the fine young gentlemen in Zep's depiction. Fifteen or twenty minutes of this, accompanied by vigorous striking of the cranium on any available vertical surface, such as a building wall or telephone pole, and I promise you'll feel much better.
Posted By: Zep Re: This forum - 11/10/16 01:33 AM
LoL@Yolk

btw....I hate this "getting dark early" stuff
Posted By: sprkplug Re: This forum - 11/10/16 01:36 AM
Good to hear from you, Yolk. Always a pleasure when you share an insight.

It's about salt, my friend. Too much of it is supposed to be detrimental to the body, yet the body needs it in order to survive. So some amount is obviously necessary. Plus, without it food just tastes bland. The trick then, as my feeble brain sees it, lies in determining just how much seasoning is appropriate, and yes, even necessary.

Without any seasoning, everything starts to taste the same.

Hope you and the family are well, and pulling in 6 lb smallies with every cast.
Posted By: Sunil Re: This forum - 11/10/16 01:53 AM
..and sometimes Confucius say "...squirrel who run up women's leg find no nuts."

..and other times.,.." the chicken crows before the rooster wakes up, and there's hell to pay." (I think Dave Davidson told me that)
Posted By: sprkplug Re: This forum - 11/10/16 02:06 AM
Now Sunil has gone and offended Chinese philosophers, women, and rambunctious squirrels all in the same post. Pretty sure the chickens have every right to be upset also, but then again I'm not really in tune with what Dave was trying to communicate there.
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: This forum - 11/10/16 02:20 AM
It's about salt, my friend. Too much of it is supposed to be detrimental to the body, yet the body needs it in order to survive. So some amount is obviously necessary. Plus, without it food just tastes bland. The trick then, as my feeble brain sees it, lies in determining just how much seasoning is appropriate, and yes, even necessary.

Without any seasoning, everything starts to taste the same.

I knew there was more to this than met the eye.

I agree that the subtleties of sodium and potassium balance, the electrical potentials created by maintaining appropriate concentrations across a lipid membrane, and the implications and effects of perturbations therein are truly intimidating, and could even lead to a sense of despondency if contemplated to their ultimate endpoint, that is, collapse of the dynamic equilibrium and return to entropy. To this end, I suggest that you consider the addition of certain capsaicin containing extracts pressed from selected member species of genus Capsicum. I think that you will find that this will adequately render your edibles with the needed interest, such to allow you to consume again with gusto and put an end to this dreadful ennui.

Not to add to your sense of unease, however, I would suggest that you lay in a heavy supply of said extracts in the very near future. Genus Capsicum performs best in southern climes, and, as their renderings are usually packaged in rather fragile glass containers, it is anticipated that transport over the newly established Southern Barrier may cause significant shortages sometime in late 2017.
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: This forum - 11/10/16 02:41 AM
I knew Sunil would have something cogent and relevant to contribute to our discussion of sodium metabolism.
Originally Posted By: Sunil
..and sometimes Confucius say "...squirrel who run up women's leg find no nuts."

This is known scientifically as "hyponutremia".
Posted By: sprkplug Re: This forum - 11/10/16 02:54 AM
Appreciate the heads-up regarding potential supply problems, Yolk. Do you suppose I might undertake processing of the Capsicum specimens myself? I'm fairly handy in that regard. Do I need to remove my socks before trampling out the spicy vintage? If I get a rash on my feet while squeezing out the good stuff, will my health insurance cover treatment?
Posted By: RC51 Re: This forum - 11/10/16 01:18 PM
Well I almost thought about getting into this but I'll be the better person here....

Really guys?

RC

Posted By: esshup Re: This forum - 11/10/16 01:21 PM
It's not only Capsicum (I think).

There's talk of horseradish and I found this....

Melt a styrofoam cup?
Posted By: djstauder Re: This forum - 11/10/16 01:32 PM
sprkplug,
I too am on a restricted salt diet. Its not a perfect solution but I find that salt substitutes (like nu-salt) help give foods a bit of a salty taste. It is potassium chloride instead of sodium chloride
Posted By: sprkplug Re: This forum - 11/10/16 02:18 PM
Yes, really.
Posted By: RC51 Re: This forum - 11/10/16 02:47 PM
I don't see what salt and your diet has to do with this forum sometimes making you shake your head. LOL but ok....

RC
Posted By: Lovnlivin Re: This forum - 11/10/16 04:23 PM
RC, I'm not real good about reading between the lines, but I do believe there's a gap here within those lines smile .

Sometimes it just hurts my old tired brain (or more time than necessary) to decipher it.

Can you pass me the salt please? grin
Posted By: ewest Re: This forum - 11/10/16 04:58 PM
Just so we are clear - no one is talking about rubbing salt in any wounds or slating some ones ground !

The sun will come up tomorrow and even wet blankets dry out in the sun.
Posted By: Sunil Re: This forum - 11/10/16 08:26 PM
Confucius say.."Baseball wrong! Man with four balls cannot walk."
Posted By: Sunil Re: This forum - 11/10/16 09:40 PM
Confucius say..'Man who stand on toilet, high on pot.'
Posted By: highflyer Re: This forum - 11/11/16 01:39 AM
I was rubbing some salt on some fish I filleted, does that count?

Then sun came out today and I loved it, got lots of work done and got to go fishing some, it was a great day.

Laundry complete. That's off the list as well.

Finally, I had really good Tex-Mex for lunch, so that is off the list as well.

Oh, and Confucius is confused....
Posted By: TGW1 Re: This forum - 11/11/16 12:41 PM
I am happy to see some of the Universities around the N E and the West Coast are now offering continued education classes on such things as head shaking, and I think Pot has now been made available in a few more states for those that might have similar medical problems where they might just need to relax but cant get there. For me, I head to the pond and am now able to just relax. It's much easier these days
Posted By: sprkplug Re: This forum - 11/11/16 01:02 PM
" Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it"
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: This forum - 11/11/16 01:29 PM
" Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it"

Well, what else would you expect a Cyanellis aficionado to say?
Posted By: Sunil Re: This forum - 11/11/16 01:30 PM
Confucius say...."Man who walk through turnstile sideways going to Bangkok."
Posted By: Sunil Re: This forum - 11/11/16 02:22 PM
I'll be here all week.

Try the fish.
Posted By: Rainman Re: This forum - 11/11/16 03:45 PM
There is a lot between the lines, after googling definitions...lol

A human's sodium needs are real, and when nothing else has worked, a little salt in a festering wound can finally cure the dead flesh and allow healing to begin.

Confucius has been imbibing a bit too heavily on Peroni, but has made me grin...lol

Sparky, if insurance will not cover a newly formed rash, the savings from being able to freely enrich yourself without fears and penalties your wonderful Sugar Shack could have imposed upon you till recently will more than offset any medicine needed...not to mention that you will have the free time to see a doctor now, rather than devoting said time documenting and transmitting all your daily activities to unknown entities that claim to be ensuring your best interests, instead of your ideals on them, are dealt with in the most erroneous ways possible.
Posted By: gully washer Re: This forum - 11/11/16 04:02 PM
I have never worried about anyone taking or ‘grabbing’ my gun, and I carry it in my pants, commando style grin
Posted By: Tbar Re: This forum - 11/11/16 04:43 PM
I had some salt yesterday.....it gave me a spring in my step and smile on my face. grin
Posted By: Zep Re: This forum - 11/11/16 04:58 PM
I like salty margaritas, but only when it's 5 0'clock somewhere!

Posted By: sprkplug Re: This forum - 11/11/16 05:42 PM
If one is unable to see the forest due to the trees, are they in need of a chainsaw, or just better glasses?

Country music references? Egads Zep, that's going too far!
Posted By: Zep Re: This forum - 11/11/16 06:01 PM
If one is unable to see the forest due to the trees, are they in need of a chainsaw, or just better glasses?

matter of fact I was just looking on-line at Crystalens this morning.

my eyes are getting worse sparky...and I hate my reading glasses

it's hell getting old....lol
Posted By: wbuffetjr Re: This forum - 11/11/16 09:12 PM
'Merica
Posted By: Tbar Re: This forum - 11/11/16 10:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Zep
I like salty margaritas, but only when it's 5 0'clock somewhere!

I enjoyed that...... grin grin grin
Posted By: sprkplug Re: This forum - 11/11/16 11:48 PM
I suppose there is a certain enjoyment to be gained from the familiarity of being able to finish all the verses of a new, country music hit song that you've never heard before! grin

Most are so predictable. Wait for it..
© Pond Boss Forum