Pond Boss
Posted By: tubguy I think my GSF might have worms - 09/23/16 07:26 PM

I was working on culling some GSF last Friday and I had a fish steal one of my plastic worms.My Sons and I were fishing again on Sunday and my older son caught this GSF on another plastic worm.
Posted By: ewest Re: I think my GSF might have worms - 09/23/16 08:21 PM
That is common with some fish species like LMB. Plastics can cause problems and some people will not allow plastics to be used in their ponds. There was a PB article some time back on the subject IIRC.
Posted By: james holt Re: I think my GSF might have worms - 09/27/16 02:17 PM
Eric I read the article in pond boss and saw the bass that had starved due to the plastic in its intestines. In your opinion is that common? Is it always fatal?
Posted By: ewest Re: I think my GSF might have worms - 09/27/16 02:32 PM
Good questions. All I can say is some people don't allow plastics to be used in their ponds. I will point out that in small waters (ponds etc.)the potential of lost plastics building up is greater. I thought I read somewhere of some plastics being made that degraded quickly but not at all sure about that. In my opinion it is a potential problem.
Posted By: RER Re: I think my GSF might have worms - 09/27/16 03:48 PM
it does appear to be passing it though...
Posted By: djstauder Re: I think my GSF might have worms - 09/29/16 02:02 PM
I don't think I'd ever catch a LMB without using plastic worms! With that said, I did catch a LMB with a plastic worm in it's stomach once.
© Pond Boss Forum