Pond Boss
Posted By: Pat Williamson PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/21/16 07:24 PM
Our friend Stickem is in need of our prayers. He is in the hospital with acute diverticulitis that required emergency surgery this weekend. Charlie (Stickem) was on a respirator untill today and was in critical condition til today, now in guarded . I don't have all the details yet but do know he would appreciate y'alls prayers.
Posted By: anthropic Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/21/16 07:32 PM
Don't know Charlie personally, but he's got my prayer.
Posted By: RC51 Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/21/16 07:37 PM
I know first hand about this. Spent 22 days in the hospital a few years ago and had to have 8 inches of my colon taken out and I lost 43 pounds..... It sucked!! My thoughts are with him indeed he has a fight on his hands..... Hang in there Stick!!

RC
Posted By: Flame Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/21/16 08:30 PM
Hurry and get back on here Charlie!!
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/21/16 10:37 PM
Thoughts and prayers headed Charlie's way.
Posted By: snrub Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/21/16 11:21 PM
Thanks for letting us know Pat.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 12:19 AM
Update: he is doing better, they removed 6" of colon, he will be in ICU for two more days then in a room for 7-10 days. Colon burst so lots of infection going on. I texted with him today so that in itself is good. Thanks for y'alls support and prayers for him
Posted By: ewest Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 12:27 AM
Send him our regards. Post a name and address and we can send cards.
Posted By: Zep Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 12:32 AM
Sending Get Well Wishes to a fellow PondBosser
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 12:36 AM
Wishes for a speedy recovery for Stickem.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 01:24 AM
Pat, when u talk with him, let him know his oilpatch buddy is sending up prayers for him to get better

Tracy
Posted By: highflyer Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 02:00 AM
Add our prayers to the list.

Get well soon.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 02:06 AM
Prayers are on the way from Illinois....a lot of emotion here but not sure what to say....Just tell Charlie I'll see him at the next PBF conference
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 02:10 AM
Charles Bourgeois
18919 Dee Woods Drive
Humble Texas 77346

Let's get him up and fishing as soon as possible!
He really appreciates y'all thinking about him
Posted By: Sunil Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 02:14 AM
Straight ahead, Charlie!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 05:57 AM
Sending positive vibes that way.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 10:26 AM
Best wishes from another guy with a short colon. This takes a long recovery.
Posted By: snrub Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 10:46 AM
Had our office manager sick for a couple weeks in the hospital with it a couple years ago. Fortunately she did not have to have an operation, but she was very close to it. For a person that almost never gets sick, she was a pretty sick girl for quite a while and had to change her diet significantly.

Not a fun thing to have.
Posted By: esshup Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 12:42 PM
My thoughts and prayers to Charlie and his family. My dad was in an induced coma for 8 weeks for the same thing. He waited too long and the small intestine ruptured. They had to cut him open, take everything out, wash it and put everything back, after removing a 10" section.

He was in the induced coma so that the Mesentery would regenerate.

That was in the mid 1980's and he is completely recovered - just has to watch what he eats.
Posted By: liquidsquid Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 12:46 PM
No wonder my grandma hammered me on eating my vegetables! "Eat you vegetables our you will get diverticulitis" "But grandma!" (In whiny kid voice)
Prayers for Stickem.
Posted By: djstauder Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 01:02 PM
Prayers from NOLA on the way!
Posted By: RC51 Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 01:07 PM
Yeah here is a before and after pic of me. I lost 43 pounds during that surgery and almost died. I had no one to tell the pondboss family I was even in the hospital at the time.... frown

Before

After

He will be ok just a long tuff road the next 2 to 3 weeks.... that's for sure!

RC
Posted By: DrLuke Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 01:25 PM
Hang in there, Charlie! God Bless!

And all you PB members over 50: get your screening colonoscopies done. Catching cancer early (and being aware of diverticulosis) are key to having more time fishing and less time at the doctors office or in the hospital.
Posted By: ewest Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 02:26 PM
You guys send him a card.
Posted By: mpc Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 03:14 PM
Will pray and have him added to our prayer list. Thanks in advance for keeping us posted on Charlie's recovery.
Posted By: stickem' Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 11:23 PM
Hey guys,
Had a pretty serious malfunction this past weekend at the farm. My wife rushed me to the hospital on Sunday in Livingston, TX and woke up in the hospital in Lufkin on Monday....totally missed Tuesday. Doc removed ~6" of perforated colon. Will be in ICU at least another day tomorrow and hopefully get to a regular room. Making small gains every day. Removed vent tube yesterday, and removed catheter today. If all goes well, they will remove the NG tube tonight. Thanks, for all your prayers. The doc said I was a very sick man Sunday morning. He cant believe how quickly I'm recovering...a deepest sincere thank you, my friends. The power of prayer. Still got a long road ahead of me. Special thanks to my bud Pat W. for posting....it's a wonderful to know there are so many friends out there that have your back.
Posted By: DrLuke Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/22/16 11:53 PM
Hang in there, bud! You'll be up and around before you know it!
Posted By: snrub Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/23/16 01:23 AM
Ouch! None of that sounds like any fun at all.

Glad you are feeling well enough to post. That is a good sign.

Get well soon.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/23/16 01:39 AM
Thanks for the update Charlie! Hang tough Buddy! You had us all worried. Great to here of the quick recovery....must be all that Pat W. feral hog sausage! smile
Posted By: RC51 Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/23/16 12:31 PM
Wow very surprised at your speedy recovery!! Nice!! Keep it up buddy!! Heck it took me 22 days then I went home and was still down for a week or so.... good to here Stick!! I know first hand what your going though man and it's no fun! Prayers your way and hang tuff!!

RC
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/24/16 06:47 PM
Heard that Charlie will be moved to a room today and out of ICU! Great news. Keep the prayers coming for him ... It does help
Posted By: RRWJ Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/24/16 09:04 PM
Charlie ,like I read at the bottom of some poster,I guess your mission or HIS mission for you isnt over. Your still here and Im glad for you.
Posted By: RAH Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/25/16 12:14 AM
Glad the prayers worked!
Posted By: Rainman Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/25/16 12:23 AM
Charlie, I don't know how I missed Pat's post, but sure glad you are feeling better!!! When I called you Wednesday at around 10:30am, my first thought was What the hell???....this guy was sleeping?!?!?! LOL

I look forward to seeing you soon on the alum application! Get better fast!!!!
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/25/16 12:51 AM
Stickem is in a room! Out of ICU! Great news. Will pass on more info as I get it
Posted By: stickem' Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/25/16 12:51 AM
Originally Posted By: Rainman
Charlie, I don't know how I missed Pat's post, but sure glad you are feeling better!!! When I called you Wednesday at around 10:30am, my first thought was What the hell???....this guy was sleeping?!?!?! LOL

Sleeping? No....totally out of it...absolutely!!!! Made it out of ICU today! Talk to you soon!
Posted By: Rainman Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 06/25/16 12:59 AM
Originally Posted By: stickem'
Originally Posted By: Rainman

Sleeping? No....totally out of it...absolutely!!!! Made it out of ICU today! Talk to you soon!

I agree on the "totally out of it", buddy...You scared me!!! (I may have to add that to your bill! wink )

As a 2-time pondboss prayer recipient (once for myself, and once for Cathy), I can attest to the healing powers of prayers from the great people here!!!
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 07/03/16 11:56 PM
Well your prayers helped ole Charlie! His white blood count is finally coming down. He is moving around and getting stronger by the day. Might get out later this week. Keep thinking of him.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 07/04/16 02:40 AM
I got a text from Charlie today. Starting to sound like his old self! smile
Posted By: stickem' Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 07/09/16 11:15 PM
Hey pondboss pals,
I was released from the asylum yesterday just before noon. I feel certain that I felt every crack in the pavement on the drive home from Lufkin to Humble. So glad and grateful to be released from my 3 weeks of "organized hell"...Also, grateful to be alive...I understand that when things started heading south, they headed pretty quick. I knew something was up when 1/2 my family from Louisiana was in ICU when I woke up on Tuesday. Thanks, to all who offered up prayers for me. It was touch and go for a while...I was told. I received the sacrament of "the anointing of the sick" (last rites) and having coming through that ordeal, am very humbled by that experience....thanks, to my dear wife for thinking on her feet. Thanks, to ewest and Dr Luke who sent cards...another very humbling experience while in the hospital. RC51, I appreciate your encouraging words as well as texts from Bill D. And Pat W. May the Power of the Ever Powerful One be with you all.
Charlie
stickem '
Posted By: snrub Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 07/10/16 01:57 AM
Glad you are better Stickem!
Posted By: Bill D. Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 07/10/16 02:33 AM
Welcome back Buddy! Take it slow and easy my friend and follow the Doc's orders!
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 07/10/16 04:08 PM
Charlie, glad you're finally back home and doing well.
Posted By: ewest Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 07/10/16 04:51 PM
Good to hear the news !!!!!!

Keep up the good work so you can get out and about soon.
Posted By: DrLuke Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 07/10/16 05:29 PM
Heal up soon, buddy! Glad to hear you're home again!
Posted By: Sunil Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 07/11/16 12:40 AM
Straight ahead!!!
Posted By: djstauder Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 07/11/16 11:53 AM
Good to hear that you're on the mend!
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/16/16 03:45 PM
Update:
Charlie (Stickem) is in surgery now to reconnect his plumbing so y'all send some prayers for him. He said he is ready to get back to fishing. Thanks Guys
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/16/16 04:09 PM
New update: Charlie is out of surgery and all went well he is in recovery now
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/16/16 04:50 PM
Great!
Posted By: ewest Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/16/16 05:14 PM
Have a quick recovery Charlie.
Posted By: esshup Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/16/16 05:19 PM
Ditto to what ewest said!!
Posted By: CMM Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/16/16 09:41 PM
Add prayers from MISSOURI to the list. Be well, fish soon.
Posted By: highflyer Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/16/16 11:39 PM
Charlie,

Glad you are in recovery, sounds like the pond will be calling soon!
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/17/16 12:52 AM
Glad things are going well.

Charlie, it's stayed in triple digits up until the last few days. You haven't missed a thing.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/17/16 02:05 AM
Just had a text from Charlie. He is in good spirits and doing great!
Posted By: TGW1 Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/17/16 10:52 AM
It's good to hear Charlie is getting better. Good deal Charlie

Tracy
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/19/16 08:26 PM
Charlie is home from hospital, thanks for the prayers
Posted By: Cisco Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/19/16 09:29 PM
Get well Stick'em!
Posted By: highflyer Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/20/16 08:02 PM
Outstanding news!
Posted By: Rainman Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/20/16 11:03 PM
Awesome....quick recovery on the reattachments!
Posted By: Bill D. Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/21/16 01:42 AM
Looking forward to your next post Charlie! Hopefully, it will include some hot pics of the nurses at the hospital!!
Posted By: stickem' Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/21/16 04:12 PM
Again, thanks to all. I am again humbled by your prayers and well wishes. Got home Friday. It's good to sit and sh*t again as God intended. I have the utmost compassion for anyone that presently has or has had an ostomy in the past. Had a hernia around the ostomy area when they went in to close it that had to be dealt with. Haha...does it ever end? But it's all good. I'm sure the grass is 3-4' tall at the farm. Been raining up there 3-4 days a week. Can't wait to get back up there and work. Enjoyed the 2 hr conversation with Rex (Rainman) last week. For those who don't know it, Rex is a miracle. Incredible story...

Bill D, I always see sexy hot nurses in the hospital...they are just never assigned to my room...wonder why that is??? I would think with this grandfatherly face and demeanor they would not send me the old mean nurses.

Pat W, thanks bud for sending the message to my podnuhs....the power of prayer! May the Almighty Pond Boss over all the pond bosses bless you all.
Charlie
Posted By: Bill D. Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/22/16 02:21 AM
Welcome back Buddy! So very happy things have turned the corner....Not so happy no pics of hospital nymphs! grin

Let me know when you are up and around. I owe you and Pat W. some pear wood for smoking them hog sausages and I will get it in the mail!
Posted By: Zep Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/22/16 03:31 AM
Welcome back and to good health in the future.
Posted By: RC51 Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/22/16 12:40 PM
Stick welcome back man. I kinda chuckle as you talk about what you want though as with the exception of the hernia your story sounds ALL to familiar.... And it's a sucky story... haha... Getting back home though and being able to be yourself again I don't take for granted anymore that's for sure!!

Just take it easy now buddy it actually took me about 7 weeks after I got home to really start to feel better so just don't over do it on them days you feel good!!

RC
Posted By: stickem' Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/22/16 06:13 PM
Originally Posted By: RC51
Stick welcome back man. I kinda chuckle as you talk about what you want though as with the exception of the hernia your story sounds ALL to familiar.... And it's a sucky story... haha... Getting back home though and being able to be yourself again I don't take for granted anymore that's for sure!!

Just take it easy now buddy it actually took me about 7 weeks after I got home to really start to feel better so just don't over do it on them days you feel good!!

RC

RC,
Agreed! Doc says walk, walk, walk you will heal quick and strong...I walked a 1/2 mile this a.m. And, much like you I don't think I will ever be the same as before.
Thanks,
Charlie
Posted By: ewest Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/22/16 06:30 PM
Good news -glad you are up and moving around.
Posted By: Joshua Flowers Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/22/16 11:34 PM
Stickem,

Glad to hear your up and running around. Keep you in prayers during recovery.

Joshua
Posted By: DrLuke Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/23/16 12:00 AM
Hey bud! Great to hear you are back at home! In my opinion, the 'rule' at most hospitals is, when a man needs some embarrassing thing done (catheter placed, enema given, etc, etc) they send in the young, new, cute RN for that. However, if you need a sponge bath, get ready for ol' nurse Cratchet... I guess it motivates the patient to go home faster?? :-)

Iowa's a long ways north, but standing invite for a steak, bull session and adult beverage....
Posted By: Sunil Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/23/16 12:31 PM
"...invite for a steak, bull session and adult beverage...."

DrLuke, me thinks you failed to make some of those plural.

Welcome home, Stick'em!!
Posted By: DrLuke Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/23/16 01:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Sunil

Welcome home, Stick'em!!

Well of course it extends to all the PB crew! I'd be pretty embarrassed at the condition of my pond at this point, but it wouldn't have any impact on the steak, bull or beverages...
Posted By: stickem' Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/23/16 04:21 PM
Originally Posted By: DrLuke
Originally Posted By: Sunil

Welcome home, Stick'em!!

Well of course it extends to all the PB crew! I'd be pretty embarrassed at the condition of my pond at this point, but it wouldn't have any impact on the steak, bull or beverages...

SB&B sounds great! Dr. Luke, I'd bet good money I could out do you for the "embarrassing pond of the month" award. I haven't hit a lick since Father's Day. I've been trying to get Rainman out there to clear up the water since before June....still hasn't happened.
Charlie
Posted By: DrLuke Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/23/16 04:50 PM
Charlie, at least you have a legitimate excuse! I have no one to blame but myself. I'd bitch about the heat and humidity in August in Iowa preventing me from doing pond projects, but I'd hate to have you PB members from Texas hurt themselves, with all the eye rolling and knee slapping.

But in September, both of us will be ready to do a little pond work. We'll never get it all done, but just the doing is pretty therapeutic IMO
Posted By: stickem' Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/23/16 06:25 PM
Yeah Dr. Luke,
I need several sessions of "tractor therapy" and "bait casting therapy"....but, that'll have to wait.
Charlie
Posted By: Sunil Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/23/16 06:41 PM
Well, I didn't mean that you had to invite all of us, I just meant that steak needed a "s" on the end, as well as adult beverage(s)!!!!
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: PRAYERS NEEDED - 08/23/16 09:35 PM
He he he we gotcha your meaning... Wink wink
© Pond Boss Forum