Pond Boss
Posted By: JDMahindra Type of overflow - 10/25/15 07:06 PM
Our roughly one surface acre pond is currently under construction. In the planning stage, I was going with a siphon setup to primarily control the water level. Now that our dam levee is now in place and looking at where we would like our pond water level to be, I don't think we will be able to use a siphon drain. Reason being the suction screen level will be much lower than the discharge end at our drainage ditch. Since the siphon setup end levels are basically reversed as it should be, what would be the next best water level control to use?
Posted By: highflyer Re: Type of overflow - 10/25/15 07:14 PM
JD,
I don't think you understand the syphon system. The syphon break controls the level, not the location of the syphon intake.

There are several good manuals showing the correct setup. A quick search will find several.
Posted By: JDMahindra Re: Type of overflow - 10/25/15 07:23 PM
Highflyer everything I have read on the siphon setup says the discharge end should be 4ft lower than suction screen. This is what I described in the original post.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Type of overflow - 10/25/15 07:46 PM
JD,

What matters is the difference between the water line in the pool and and the discharge pipe level. The syphon break is the control for the water level in the pool. Here is a video of ours working. Hope this helps.

© Pond Boss Forum