Pond Boss
Posted By: Jason007 My Lake after enlarging - 10/09/15 03:06 PM
Goes another 50-60 feet or so behind me.
Done.
No more. It's bordering 2 acres. That's enough to take care of and maintain.
I can probably handle a few more bass in there now.

You can see the addition if you look for the underwater remnants of the dam, which about 70 feet was left to provide a really nice spawning area, then you can see how substantial the enlargement was. The left corner with the trees standing on that point ,,,,,,back. If you look at the trees on the left side, point, and go to the right you will see a faint image under water of what was once the dam, which will give another idea of how much was enlarged. It's completely submerged now and your really cant see it anymore but the fish stack up on it and bass are constantly hitting at or near it. I could easily knock what's left of the dam out, but the fish love it and its about 3-4 feet under water now. You can still see it when youre close to it because the waters clear. It looks cool actually. Also Ive thought about planting some Iris on it, all the way across. But here you can see the enlargement was substantial. Made the pond look 100x better to me.

Posted By: Sunil Re: My Lake after enlarging - 10/09/15 03:17 PM
Sweet!!!
Posted By: Jason007 Re: My Lake after enlarging - 10/09/15 03:31 PM
And here we are out in the open water.
The same stand of trees is on the extreme left.

Little better pic showing one of the points for the fish to hang around.

I don't know exactly how big it is. But its fairly large , especially now after the addition.

Posted By: Sunil Re: My Lake after enlarging - 10/09/15 03:40 PM
If you go to Google Planimeter, you should be able to locate your pond and get it's acreage.
Posted By: one more cast Re: My Lake after enlarging - 10/09/15 03:47 PM
That's beautiful.
It looks like you have a nice bloom going.
Posted By: anthropic Re: My Lake after enlarging - 10/09/15 04:06 PM
Gorgeous lake, Jason. You'll be glad you did not demolish the old dam, fish just love it!
Posted By: RC51 Re: My Lake after enlarging - 10/09/15 04:20 PM
Yeah IMO 2 acres would be perfect! Not to hard to maintain and not sooooo big it can break your wallet if you have an issue....

Looks great man!!

RC
Posted By: JKB Re: My Lake after enlarging - 10/09/15 06:58 PM
Really Nice!!!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: My Lake after enlarging - 10/09/15 08:25 PM
Beautiful. Love that water color too!

I thought all the water down south was dingy? smirk grin
Posted By: Jason007 Re: My Lake after enlarging - 10/09/15 09:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Beautiful. Love that water color too!

I thought all the water down south was dingy? smirk grin

My water is extremely fertile. Keeps a greenish color year round and when I shade it with blue it turns a beautiful turquoise. Very clear too. I do have to spray the algae down now and again with cutrine, but it really hasn't been that bad because I stay on top of it. That stuff can get out of hand quick.
Posted By: scott69 Re: My Lake after enlarging - 10/09/15 10:04 PM
google earth pro is the way to go. i have planimeter on my phone, but google earth pro seems lots easier.
Posted By: Sunil Re: My Lake after enlarging - 10/09/15 10:30 PM
I wonder if threadfin shad would do well in your pond with the strong bloom.
© Pond Boss Forum