Pond Boss
Posted By: Joe Voyles pond site regulations - 08/29/15 12:14 AM
I'm in Perry county, Indiana and would like to know how close to a road can I legally build a pond?
Posted By: tubguy Re: pond site regulations - 08/29/15 12:56 AM
Welcome Joe!
Are you located on a county road,state highway,or an interstate?If you are on a county road I would check with your county zoning department or county highway department.If you are on a state highway or interstate you may need to check with INDOT.I believe if the dam is over a certain height or contains enough water you would have to get permission from the DNR.
Posted By: Joe Voyles Re: pond site regulations - 08/29/15 01:07 AM
Thanks!
It's actually a shared private road that loops around and I'd like to put the pond inside the loop. All land inside the loop is mine. I'm in a rual setting but a couple of my neighbors may not like the idea.
Posted By: basslover Re: pond site regulations - 08/29/15 02:47 AM
whistle
Posted By: tubguy Re: pond site regulations - 08/29/15 12:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Joe Voyles
Thanks!
It's actually a shared private road that loops around and I'd like to put the pond inside the loop. All land inside the loop is mine. I'm in a rural setting but a couple of my neighbors may not like the idea.

Joe do you have a homeowners association? Why do you think your neighbors may not like you digging a pond?Is the private road maintained by you and your neighbors?
I live in a rural area on a small farm with 7 adjoining property owners and most of my neighbors seem excited when I was having our pond built( a couple seem a little too anxious for me to stock some game fish).It seems like around her that most parcels of land over a few acres normally have some sort of pond.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: pond site regulations - 08/29/15 12:30 PM
Do your neighbors have small children who might have a tendency to explore? Shared roadways can be a sticking point sometimes, legal concerns or otherwise.
© Pond Boss Forum