Pond Boss
Posted By: edit7279 How much structure in a 1/4 acre pond - 04/24/15 07:39 PM
Hey guys, I'm putting in some more structure this weekend and wanted to get y'alls feedback/advice on my plan.

Pond is 11' in the middle. Averages 5'

Structure to serve the following population:
50 CC
100 HBG
25 RES
25 HSB
3 lbs. FHM

I've already put in the 2 buckets for the CC and 1 pallet for the FHM. (Marked in red.)

The rest in yellow is what I plan to put in and where.

Do I need more? Less? How about the placement?

(Please excuse my elementary school drawing...)

Posted By: FINnFUR Re: How much structure in a 1/4 acre pond - 04/24/15 08:54 PM
I'm in beginning stage and can't help much with advice,. Your pallet that the minnows hang at is that wood? Sunk? or floating?
I found some plastic ones and was thinking about using and not worry about rot and replacement hassle. But don't know if I should float or sink them.
I used some re-homed concrete culvert pipe for the CC.
Looks like ya have a good plan.
Posted By: edit7279 Re: How much structure in a 1/4 acre pond - 04/24/15 09:09 PM
FIN, the pallet already in there is wood and sunk. I just had it laying around, so I tossed it into about 2-3 feet of water and put a concrete block on top of it to hold it in place.
Posted By: FINnFUR Re: How much structure in a 1/4 acre pond - 04/24/15 11:00 PM
Ok thanks -then the plastic sunk should work
Posted By: edit7279 Re: How much structure in a 1/4 acre pond - 04/26/15 12:57 AM
This may be a dumb question, but are there any issues with minnows being able to stick eggs to plastic?
© Pond Boss Forum