Pond Boss
Posted By: stickem' A visit to Oakwood, TX - 04/01/15 10:29 PM
Earlier last month Pat W. invited my wife and I over for coffee while on our way to Dallas. Pat has a beautiful place up in the woods east of Buffalo in Oakwood, TX. Pat's 5 acre pond is almost full and the water looked great. Pat, thanks for taking the time to show us around your place. Can't wait to see it when you are done with the house. Thanks, again for the plants that you gave to Debbie.

Pat W. & stickem'
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 04/01/15 10:58 PM
Charlie
Enjoyed having y'all up, wished you could have stayed longer. You are always welcome there. Next time we will do some fishing

Pat
Posted By: Bill D. Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 04/01/15 11:12 PM
Looking Good men!
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 04/01/15 11:23 PM
Bill
Wished you could have been there
Posted By: Bill D. Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 04/01/15 11:26 PM
Me too man! In the pic it looks like Charlie is contemplating given you a little push off the edge of that dock! grin
Posted By: stickem' Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 04/01/15 11:29 PM
Bill D.,
You need to come down south and fish with us this summer...
Posted By: Bill D. Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 04/01/15 11:34 PM
I would love too! I will definitely give it my best shot. smile
Posted By: Bill D. Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 04/01/15 11:53 PM
Actually, I just moved into this new place last August so a ton to do this summer. You guys should come visit me and I'll put ya to work! grin
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 04/02/15 12:47 AM
Bill we would love to but since u won't catch any of your fish we have to stay here where we can fish!
Lol

pat
Posted By: Bill D. Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 04/02/15 12:51 AM
Pat,

If you guys show up we will fish the whole dang pond till there ain't nothin left!!!!! Fish are cheap. Good friends are hard to find!!!!

Jus dun forget you promised to show me how to fillet a CC without cutting thru the skin! grin
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 04/02/15 12:54 AM
Awwww
That was nice !
Posted By: stickem' Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX -Part II - 06/15/15 12:12 AM
I had the opportunity to come out and fish with Pat. W. It's been since mid-March that we were last there at his place and at the time his pond was about 5' from full pool. Well, all that's changed. Pat's 5 acre pond is at full pool, the place is beautiful, the water looks great. We got to do some fishing at his place and at other ponds in the vicinity. Please forgive my inability to photograph...

One of Pat's second year "gills"....they are really making some gains.

Pat W. with a nice LMB...I love the color on these fish...

stickem' gets into the action...
Posted By: Bill D. Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX -Part II - 06/15/15 12:22 AM
Looking Great Pat! Thanks for posting Charlie!
Posted By: Sunil Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX -Part II - 06/15/15 12:43 AM
Nice report!!
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX -Part II - 06/15/15 02:27 AM
Thanks guys
Charlie and I had a good time and man can he make good sausage!!! Had it for supper and it was fantastic. Perfect smoke. He is welcome here any time.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 06/15/15 02:37 AM
Charlie, Don't hand over those sausages so easy next time. I hear Pat has a stash of Falstaff he can break out to bribe you with! grin
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 06/15/15 03:10 AM
Bill don't tell everybody they will be bribing me with sausage for beer!
Posted By: Bob-O Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 06/15/15 04:21 AM
Geez you guys, ya make me a bit jealous but then the way ya bicker it makes me wonder if one of ya is gonna ask the other to go steady. Not you stickem, you seem semi normal. "Semi" I don't like to agree with Sunil but he is correct. You Texas boys can come up through Il and pick up Billy and come over here and fish away. Did ya know the Falstaff brewery was in Ft Wayne, Indiana where I grew up. One of the most popular Ft Wayne hockey players and one of my high school teachers worked there. Absolutely awful beer!!! Pat, I'm gonna have ta send ya a pm to express my opinion of the way ya look. I think stickem should have give ya a little nudge. Very nice pier tho.
Posted By: george1 Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 06/15/15 11:13 AM
Hey, you guys are making me jealous as well - y'all are playing around in my backyard - so to speak..!

Our country place is between Fairfield and Buffalo, just south of Dew - my grand daddy hauled the timbers for that litle Methodist Church in Dew. If you are interested in Texas history visit the church cemetary - family members from recent interment back to ancestor grandparents that that were citizens of the Republic of TExas.

Ancestor uncle early settler and General Store owner in Oakwood.
Lots of good memories y'all are reviving - keep it up!
George
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 06/15/15 01:12 PM
George
You are also welcome to come here if you a mind to..... Not much to catch but fish.... Fun anyhow. Like to see what you can drag out of here on your fly rod...
Posted By: george1 Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 06/15/15 02:25 PM
Pat, I would dearly love to come for a visit but hitting the wall at 90 years with recurring health issues, is keeping me pretty much home bound these days.
Really enjoy and appreciate your posts - keep up the good work!
George
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 06/15/15 04:52 PM
Thanks George the offer is non expiring!!! Lol
Posted By: stickem' Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 06/15/15 09:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Bob-O
Geez you guys, ya make me a bit jealous but then the way ya bicker it makes me wonder if one of ya is gonna ask the other to go steady. Not you stickem, you seem semi normal. "Semi" I don't like to agree with Sunil but he is correct. You Texas boys can come up through Il and pick up Billy and come over here and fish away. Did ya know the Falstaff brewery was in Ft Wayne, Indiana where I grew up. One of the most popular Ft Wayne hockey players and one of my high school teachers worked there. Absolutely awful beer!!! Pat, I'm gonna have ta send ya a pm to express my opinion of the way ya look. I think stickem should have give ya a little nudge. Very nice pier tho.

Bob-O,
In some of the past circles that I've run in...that would be considered a compliment...and be careful about inviting me...I'm liable to show up.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 06/15/15 10:38 PM
He will Bob..... Lol and you will have a blast!
Posted By: Bob-O Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 06/17/15 04:14 PM
Srickem, if you and Pat drive up here you should be able to drive each other nuts enough ta handle Bill and I.
LL and Fatih should be in the area around the first week of July.
Posted By: stickem' Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 06/17/15 11:49 PM
Bob-O,
Man...now THAT is a tempting proposition. I'm not real sure if my podnuh would survive the drive up there...I'm so close to the edge most of the time...I can see over the side. I'm sure Pat and I would be in true form upon arrival...

However, it would probably take us a month to get up there...as Pat and I would try to fish every body of water on the way...
Posted By: stickem' Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX Part III - 02/27/16 01:31 AM
Well, Pat W. invited me back up to his place in Oakwood, TX today to catch some pre-spawn LMB. It was a gorgeous day. Pat's lake is beautiful and is at full pool.

Pat's Dock area.

Stickem' with an early morning catch up near the grass in the shallows. I love the deep rich color of these fish.

Pat W. with a gravid 20" sow. She was easily over 5lbs.

We ended up keeping 14 fish. The overall average was about 2 1/2lbs.

It was a beautiful day to be outdoors and especially nice to be fishing up in Oakwood, with Pat....and Pat, thanks again for the 48 qt ice chest of wild pork for sausage makings.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 02/27/16 01:47 AM
Awesome guys! I'll send you some pear wood for smoking in April. I expect a small morsel of LMB jerky in return!

.....and Pat has been complaining all along about those bucket stocked LMB! grin
Posted By: Zep Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 02/27/16 01:48 AM
Wow...Pat has a beautiful place and that is a nice stringer of bass! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 02/27/16 02:04 AM
There might be a clue in those pics as to why the BCP fishing is a little slow.....
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 02/27/16 02:05 AM
Gorgeous!

Pat is it as peaceful as it looks?
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 02/27/16 02:21 AM
Yep it is as peaceful as can be. Beats the heck out of living 50+ years in the Houston area! Now if the crappie will just play fair it will be all good.
Charlie smoked me fishing today..... He did it last time too......but I had more fun than I have had in a long time, watching him crank those bad boys in! Makes it worth it for me to see someone really have a good time
Posted By: Bob-O Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 02/27/16 03:03 AM
Pat and Charlie, I feel so much less insulted about the jabs you guys always hit me with now I see how much less handsome you are than I am. Now we all need a picture of Bill D. Wish I had a printer, a few 8x10s would surely keep the critters out of the garden.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 02/27/16 03:13 AM
Aw Bob that was nice! Just remember we get a cut of the profits when you sell the patents to the scarecrows

And we can fish
Posted By: stickem' Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 02/27/16 03:14 AM
Well Bob...at least we had the good sense to keep our clothes on...you show waaaay to much skin in your photos....lol
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 02/27/16 03:16 AM
Charlie was that skin? Hmmm couldn't tell
Posted By: Bob-O Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 02/27/16 03:24 AM
Gotta agree with Pat, more like leather.
Posted By: stickem' Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 02/27/16 03:39 AM
Rawhide, suede, or patent leather???
Posted By: Bob-O Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 02/27/16 03:47 AM
Rawdy Yates type.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 02/27/16 04:16 AM
Good company, good scenery, and good fishing....well done guys!!
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 02/27/16 05:03 AM
It doesn't get any better than that!
Posted By: TGW1 Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 02/27/16 12:15 PM
Pat and Charlie, that's a good picture of u 2 guys with your catch of nice lmb. Would make a good picture on the cover of PBM. I was thinking of a title. Something like, Old Gray Haired Guys catch nice stringer of Bass in Texas Crappie Pond smile

Tracy
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 02/27/16 01:46 PM
Originally Posted By: sprkplug
Good company, good scenery, and good fishing....well done guys!!

Yep, I agree.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 02/27/16 02:55 PM
..... Now we all need a picture of Bill D. Wish I had a printer, a few 8x10s would surely keep the critters out of the garden.

Sorry I can't oblige ya with a pic of me Bob. I sold all rights to pics of me to scarethecrapoutofanything.com a couple years back! grin
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 02/27/16 04:54 PM
Originally Posted By: TGW1
Pat and Charlie, that's a good picture of u 2 guys with your catch of nice lmb. Would make a good picture on the cover of PBM. I was thinking of a title. Something like, Old Gray Haired Guys catch nice stringer of Bass in Texas Crappie Pond smile

Tracy

Ouch!
Posted By: Bob-O Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 02/27/16 05:08 PM
Bill, I would have figured ya sold out to GQ
Posted By: Bill D. Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 02/28/16 12:37 AM
Bill, I would have figured ya sold out to GQ

They asked Bob. They were looking for a model for one of those muscle building equipment ads....they thought I would be great in the "BEFORE" picture! grin
Posted By: stickem' Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 03/07/16 03:08 AM

A pic of Pat W's. daughter, Mandy, with a nice Oakwood LMB that she caught this past weekend.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 03/07/16 12:51 PM
Thanks Charlie for posting that for us and allo turning us on to the killer baits that are unbelievable. I have never fished with a bait that is so effective on bass. The Doc had a blast catching them and wished she could have met you and Debbie.
Posted By: stickem' Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 03/07/16 04:54 PM
...you are welcome my friend. Looking forward to meeting Doc Mandy as well. I have a feeling we will her meet soon...
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 03/07/16 05:00 PM
killerbaits? Does anyone mind sharing?
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 03/07/16 06:07 PM
5" cane thumper by big bite baits/ watermelon red flake
Owner flashy swimmer 3/0 model 5164-033
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 03/08/16 01:11 AM
Pat, that's a great bait in a good traditional color. Under spins are hot right now.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 03/08/16 01:27 AM
Really great looking BOWs there, thanks for sharing guys. Great to see PB guys connecting - great fishery management going on down there.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 03/17/16 04:50 AM
Well the pigs are back.... Just pasted a big lone boar under the feeder... Guessing 250-300# hard to tell sometimes. Looked like a behemoth under the kill lite. One shot from the .25-06 and lites out
Posted By: stickem' Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 03/12/17 09:50 PM
This past Friday, I was heading up to Frisco, TX to visit two of my girls and my grandchildren. I had the pleasure of stopping and checking in on my buddy, Pat W., in Oakwood, TX. Pat has been working on his retirement home for the past 6 months and the place is gorgeous. It was a brief visit. Pat's pond is at full pool and it is beautiful. We did not fish, but he invited back to do so in the next couple of months when we both will have more time to do so.

Pat W. and stickem'
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: A visit to Oakwood, TX - 03/13/17 03:30 AM
Very glad to see Charlie again and hope to make the shindig this fall in Conroe
© Pond Boss Forum