Pond Boss
Posted By: Zep re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 12/03/14 10:12 PM
Sherrie....thanks for the reminder.

I just now filled out the form, wrote the check,
and threw it in the mailbox.

Looking forward to the event.

Posted By: esshup Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 12/04/14 12:47 AM
Count me in.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 12/04/14 01:20 AM
Wish I could be there! I put in for vacation and the boss said no. Seems I will be OOC in Singapore Feb and March. (First I had heard of it!). I wish all of you a great time and the best conference ever!
Posted By: stickem' Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 12/04/14 01:24 AM
Thats my plan!
Posted By: John Wann Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 12/04/14 01:34 AM
I'm in. I plan on bringing my new riverboat for some fishing if it can handle that lake.
http://youtu.be/d5gBLPEwJZQ
Posted By: TGW1 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 12/04/14 03:30 PM
I might have to just make this conference smile It's too far ahead for me to plan at this time but maybe if I'm lucky I can make it. I have a lot to learn. So anyone know what all will be presented. Thanks

Tracy
Posted By: TGW1 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 12/04/14 03:39 PM
Woops I just found it. Not the sharpest pencil in the box Tracy
Posted By: Zep Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 12/04/14 05:30 PM
Originally Posted By: John Wann
I plan on bringing my new riverboat for some fishing if it can handle that lake.

Lake Ray Hubbard is a 22,745 acre lake, but you should be
fine on most days. If it was windy you could find a cove or stay
closer to shore.

Ray Hubbard contains a large population of hybrid striped bass,
white bass, largemouth bass, channel catfish, blue catfish,
and white crappie.

Parts of Lake Ray Hubbard are affected by the drought,
but much of it is ok and heck less water means less
places for the fish to hide!

ps: there is a Bass Pro Shops Mega-Store 7 mins from the Pond Boss Conference Hotel on Lake Ray Hubbard:

Posted By: John Wann Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 12/26/14 02:44 AM
My wife is encouraging me to fly. lol. She knows my temper in city traffic. Guess I could do some bank fishing if give in.
Posted By: fishm_n Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 12/26/14 03:09 PM
Wish I could make it. How will the ice be for fishing?? Hehe
Posted By: Zep Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 12/26/14 03:22 PM
Originally Posted By: fishm_n
How will the ice be for fishing?? Hehe

quite good

Posted By: fishm_n Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 12/26/14 03:46 PM
Pretty awsome stir sticks!!!
Posted By: catmandoo Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 12/26/14 04:27 PM
Lynda and I signed up a while ago.
Posted By: Bing Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 12/26/14 05:27 PM
We will be there. Flying in out of Nashville TN on Wednesday.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 12/26/14 06:18 PM
Is "dinner with the stars" on Thur included?
Since I'm surely on of the "stars" do I get compensated?
Tell me more…...
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 12/26/14 06:36 PM
Randy, if they don't allow characters like yourself in there, I'm surely a lost cause. Our plan "B" may consist of rummaging through the dumpsters and listening to the laughter and camaraderie through the kitchen doors...don't worry, Dwight will have a full flask for us to help whip the misery.

OK, I'm in...reservations on the "poor" side [no lake view], and conference fees paid. Gonna review flights and determine whether driving or flying...batten down the hatches, yo!
Posted By: rmedgar Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 12/27/14 01:43 AM
I'm in too. Air & Hilton hotel reservations made. Will send info to PB on Monday...
Posted By: JKB Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 12/27/14 02:33 AM
Maybe in Feb I'll be in KY. Sure the hell hope not!
Posted By: Bill D. Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 12/27/14 03:54 AM
Wish I could be there! Turns out my boss wants me in Singapore end of January and most of February. Enjoy the conference my new found friends!

Don't feel too sorry for me. If I get a chance, I will take a quick flight over to Thailand and go fishing in the South China Sea. If I do, I will take a really old and slow fishing boat out of Pattaya for the day. The captain's wife will serve me a platter of fresh fruits for breakfast and take me to an island for lunch of our morning catch of 8 to 10 inch fish of unknown species. I have done it many times in the past. All I know is they taste great! They will pick me up at my hotel early morning, take me to the boat, fish all day, feed me, provide the equipment, make and model unknown (bleach bottle with a line wrapped around it, but at least the hooks are rusty!) and squid for bait, take me back to the hotel. A nice day, but expensive. My beach front hotel and days fishing will cost me around $100!....Did I mention Singha Beer!

To tell the truth, I would much rather be at the conference to meet you guys!
OK, you just had to rub it in.
Posted By: djstauder Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/05/15 12:54 PM
I'm pending... Dad with dementia, daughter due mid-march, another daughter wedding in April... Hope I can though as Jodi and I thoroughtly enjoyed last one!
I will definitely be there!
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/05/15 06:53 PM
Registered and ready.

It'll be great to see both old and new friends again.
Posted By: stickem' Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/05/15 09:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Wish I could be there! Turns out my boss wants me in Singapore end of January and most of February. Enjoy the conference my new found friends!

Don't feel too sorry for me. If I get a chance, I will take a quick flight over to Thailand and go fishing in the South China Sea. If I do, I will take a really old and slow fishing boat out of Pattaya for the day. The captain's wife will serve me a platter of fresh fruits for breakfast and take me to an island for lunch of our morning catch of 8 to 10 inch fish of unknown species. I have done it many times in the past. All I know is they taste great! They will pick me up at my hotel early morning, take me to the boat, fish all day, feed me, provide the equipment, make and model unknown (bleach bottle with a line wrapped around it, but at least the hooks are rusty!) and squid for bait, take me back to the hotel. A nice day, but expensive. My beach front hotel and days fishing will cost me around $100!....Did I mention Singha Beer!

To tell the truth, I would much rather be at the conference to meet you guys!

Bill,
What!!! No Falstaff??? Sounds awful....you need an assistant? I work cheap...
I'll be there. Hope to have my fish truck ready to show off by that time.
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/05/15 09:47 PM
On the fence at this moment, only due to an increasing work travel schedule around that time frame.
Posted By: Bing Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/05/15 10:17 PM
Sunil: You are coming. If you are not there when I get there I am going to hold my breath until you show up.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/05/15 11:19 PM
I'm with Bing - your presence isn't optional. Why would you hurt Bing - our buddy, our pal?
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/05/15 11:22 PM
Originally Posted By: djstauder
I'm pending... Dad with dementia, daughter due mid-march, another daughter wedding in April... Hope I can though as Jodi and I thoroughtly enjoyed last one!

DJ I don't recall meeting you last time - but the memory thing is likely Sunil's fault. Regardless, this time let's make a point of it. I'd like to expand my universe of Mississippi family by 100% [Eric is the other half].
Posted By: jludwig Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/06/15 12:33 AM
I wish I could make it but I am not going to be able to go because of work obligations.

I will just live through the posts.
Posted By: n8ly Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/06/15 01:35 AM
Sunil, You would regret missing out and having to wait another 2 years to hang out. I can understand if something were to come up last minute, but we are still 6 weeks out and plenty of time to move a couple flights around.
Posted By: loretta Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/06/15 03:56 AM
I wish...

Someday.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/06/15 04:40 AM
Originally Posted By: Sunil
On the fence at this moment, only due to an increasing work travel schedule around that time frame.

WHAT?!!!?!?!???

If I were you, I'd have a serious discussion with upper management!

Oops. I forgot that upper management is you. Think about a long talk with yourself. Maybe if the others see you talking to yourself, they will convince you to take a vacation to check out business opportunities in Texas.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/06/15 11:27 AM

Really?
Posted By: djstauder Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/06/15 01:41 PM
TJ,

I hadn't been very active on the forum before PondCon V so couldn't put names/faces/usernames together. If I can make it, hopefully I'll be better prepared.

I was lucky to meet Eric at PondConV as he was the only other member I recognized from Ms. Now, RMEdgar is in Ms. but I don't know if he'll be coming.
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/06/15 02:18 PM
Woman is trying to set up some frickin' ski trip right around that time, to boot.

It's not like she hasn't known about PB-VI for over a year. And heck! She's been invited too!!
Posted By: Cisco Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/06/15 06:26 PM
I wonder what it would take to come to the meet & greet on Thursday? I can't make the conference because Moma thinks we have to go the farm every weekend.
Posted By: esshup Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/06/15 06:41 PM
Sunil, you need to have a good sit down talk with the boss about your schedule.....

Cisco, since the weekend consists of both Saturday and Sunday wink , why not make the conference and go to the farm early Sunday morning?
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/06/15 07:05 PM
Sunil - hit the conference a few days, then head off to Aspen, then home. I'd love to hang with V again anyhow.
Posted By: Cisco Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/06/15 07:32 PM
Esshup,
Way too much windshield time there, it's 2 hours each way. If I left from Rockwall, it'd be 3. I'll see what I can work out.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/06/15 07:45 PM
I'm 10 hrs down, 10 hours back!
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/06/15 08:31 PM
esshup, Woman just thinks she's the boss.
Posted By: esshup Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/06/15 09:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Cisco
Esshup,
Way too much windshield time there, it's 2 hours each way. If I left from Rockwall, it'd be 3. I'll see what I can work out.

Cisco, my parents had a place in the country on a lake, right around 2 hr each way drive time. There were weekends when we'd leave for there Sunday morning after Dad got home from work, and for home after sunset so us kids could get in bed in time for school on Monday.

But I agree, 4 hrs in a vehicle can seem like an eternity.
Posted By: esshup Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/06/15 09:27 PM
esshup, Woman just thinks she's the boss.

Uh huh. O.K. Don't look at me to set her straight! laugh
Posted By: esshup Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/06/15 09:33 PM
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
I'm 10 hrs down, 10 hours back!

Ppppfffffttttttttttttt :P

If I drive straight thru it's 15.5 hrs and 975 miles. But I might very well be going thru Indianapolis, Memphis to Wynn Arkansas, then either Winnsboro or Sulphur Springs/Emory, Tx before Dallas, so that should add to the drive time.

Then on the way back it's still undecided on whether I'm making a side trip to Tulsa, OK.....
Posted By: Zep Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/06/15 10:03 PM
Originally Posted By: esshup
Emory,Tx

esshup that is 15 mins from my property.

if you go thru Emory stop in Hootens Hardware
and you will be right back in the 1960s.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/06/15 10:44 PM
Well, we both have Cisco eclipsed x 100 at any rate. I'd call him out, but not having met him personally yet, I hesitate. Besides, one of my New Year resolutions is to anger Texans less frequently - unless they're named Dave.
Posted By: Zep Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/06/15 11:06 PM
one of my New Year resolutions is
to anger Texans less frequently

TJ....I will get one of these framed for you if it would help!

Posted By: Rainman Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/07/15 12:45 AM
TJ,

I hadn't been very active on the forum before PondCon V so couldn't put names/faces/usernames together. If I can make it, hopefully I'll be better prepared.

I was lucky to meet Eric at PondConV as he was the only other member I recognized from Ms. Now, RMEdgar is in Ms. but I don't know if he'll be coming.

I vaguely recall sitting in a boat with you... laugh
Posted By: esshup Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/07/15 06:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Zep
Emory,Tx

esshup that is 15 mins from my property.

if you go thru Emory stop in Hootens Hardware
and you will be right back in the 1960s.

Zep, I believe I was in there before. Correct me if I'm wrong, but why use the front door when the back door is always open?

Usual wood floors, desk on your right when you walk in thru the back door and sort of a high counter or shelves to the left? I have a friend (who's not on the forum) that has a place close to Miller Grove. Al knows where his place is at. I'm usually down there once a year in the spring but I skipped last year - too much going on with the business. He lives in Dallas, but has this place out in the country. He usually goes there by himself, his wife staying in the city. I've been going down there every year since 2008/2009.

Lets see if this yankee can remember some places we ate at. wink If I'm not driving, I don't pay attention to where we are going, and I'm really in the dark to where we are going if we're driving around at night. Literally!! Usually we just stay on his place as there's enough to do there from sunup to sundown.

AARRRGGG. My memory is failing me. Here's what I got. Other than hitting the few places to eat, and the Wal-Mart in Sulfur Springs for some stuff, and the big hardware store in Emory, I haven't driven around a lot there, so bear with me.

We usually hit San Remo in Sulfur Springs once for dinner. He took me to a place that was only open a few nights a week for all you could eat fried quail. Old barn wood on the outside, from the outside it looked like the place was there for 100+ years. I haven't got a clue where that place is.

Does the Purina dealer (feed store) there in Emory carry AquaMax? He usually buys generic food at the feed store in Miller Grove, but I think we went there to try and get some AM600 the last time I was there. Then there's 2 different mom & pop restraunts that we'll get breakfast/lunch at, one I believe is in Lone Oak on the West side of the street (I think)and for the life of me I can't remember where the other one is at. I know the last time I needed a duck license I got it in Emory at that huge hardware store next to the lumber yard.

There's another place that we ate at that's on the same side of the street as the big hardware store in Emory, but closer to 19.

That's it, I'm tapped out and the brain cells are fried.
Brian, Sunil; Ya'll need to walk in, slap that woman on the can and explain who the boss is and just who she thinks she is messing with. Make sure that she understands who makes all of the decisions.

Uh, let me know how that goes for you.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/07/15 11:52 AM
Scott, let me ease the stress on your brain cells.

Pott's feed store in Emory does not stock AM. They do keep a 1/2 pallet of GFC in stock though. Orders for AM usually take 2 weeks. Different trucks than the regular Purina livestock deliveries.

The restaurant in Lone Oak is the Buffalo Grill.

The restaurant in Emory that's by Hooten's is the Y'all Come Back.

The restaurant south of Sulphur Springs on 154 that has the fried quail is Big Smith's Bar-B-Que & Catfish. They moved down the road to a bigger place.

Scott, when you're down, the misses and I are taking you to Seth's in Quitman. It's a dump, but serves incredible food.

It's sad that I can't find you a bag of AM, but I can tell you where to eat in a 60 mile radius to Miller Grove.

Now my brain cells are fried too, but that's OK because everything's better fried.
Posted By: Zep Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/07/15 12:00 PM
Originally Posted By: FireIsHot
The restaurant south of Sulphur Springs on 154 that has the fried quail is Big Smith's Bar-B-Que & Catfish. They moved down the road to a bigger place.

Al tell me it ain't so...

Big Smith's is no longer in that dingy old palace?

Posted By: FireIsHot Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/07/15 12:16 PM
Nope, I guess business got too good for them to stay there. The food's about the same though.
Posted By: djstauder Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/07/15 02:17 PM
Rex,
Yes... I vaguely remember that and catching my one (and only) SMB ever while you caught about 5. We coulda won the tourney had I kept up with you
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/07/15 05:06 PM
So Dave and I get a taco stand run by Mexican gangsters, and Scott gets a nice sit down dinner with the Mrs? I suspected where I sat on the totem pole, but now it's confirmed. I'll take what I can get, don't want to anger any Texans....
Posted By: Cisco Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/07/15 06:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Brian, Sunil; Ya'll need to walk in, slap that woman on the can and explain who the boss is and just who she thinks she is messing with. Make sure that she understands who makes all of the decisions.

Uh, let me know how that goes for you.

OK Dave but I'll have to let her know who sent the slap! See, I can get out of it that way. I've just been kinda disappointed in my pond lately and seeing all the new/old stuff will make me feel bad. Yea right, it'll make me spend more money! The conference will be right around my birthday so it'll be up to me, she can't tell me......wait, did I just say that? Naw, she's fine with whatever really. Let me see if I can get her to pay my way!
Posted By: esshup Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/07/15 07:58 PM
So Dave and I get a taco stand run by Mexican gangsters, and Scott gets a nice sit down dinner with the Mrs? I suspected where I sat on the totem pole, but now it's confirmed. I'll take what I can get, don't want to anger any Texans....

TJ, you'd get treated better if you'd spend more time in Texas. wink grin One year I took a few days and flew down to San Antonio, saw the Alamo, spent a few hours in the Buckhorn Saloon and Museum (it's a must see I think) http://www.buckhornmuseum.com/ and spent a day driving around the hill country around San Antonio before flying back home.

I think George said I was an honorary Texan. wink

Al, I think those are all the right places, and Zep, yes, that's the place!
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/07/15 10:05 PM

Flavor, it's all about the true flavor of TX. You're gonna live it.

Besides, Scott's from Indiana. If he asked one person at a taquería a question with that accent of his, all the locals would start screaming la inmigración, and start shooting. It's much safer for all the players while we're in the danger zone if you're there.
Don't worry Scott, few of them habla inglesa anyway. Of course, the one or two that do would figure you're also an immigrado.

The biggest problem is if Bubba says "You ain't frum roun hyar, are yuh boah?". That means the entertainment is about to slip into road gear.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/08/15 01:19 AM
Originally Posted By: n8ly
Sunil, You would regret missing out and having to wait another 2 years to hang out....
... we are still 6 weeks out and plenty of time to move a couple flights around.

I first mis-read this on my phone while in the truck. I thought it said "plenty of time to move a couple of fights around." cry
Posted By: Bill D. Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/08/15 02:00 AM
I read it the same dang way. I just figured he was hard to get along with! grin
Posted By: esshup Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/08/15 06:04 AM
Al, go ahead and make jokes about immigration. wink You could drive down to the corner by the house in So. Cal and yell out "Migra! Migra!" as you drove by. It was like a herd of rabbits scattering for the hills.

I used to be able to understand spanish as fast as it was spoken, and could hold a conversation, but that was a LONG time ago. I'm really out of practice now.

Dave, wherever I lay my head at night is where I'm from. wink

Now where to get boots and a hat without breaking the bank..... laugh

Last time I came back from there and went out to eat here, the waitress didn't know what I wanted when I said I wanted sweet tea to drink.

When I lived in So. Cal. we'd bounce from going to TJ (not the one in Nebraska laugh ) and Rosarita Beach/Ensanada every outher week. It was a bit eerie going thru the toll booth on the way to Ensanada & back and having armed soldiers standing by every lane.
I'm also a "used to be" on speaking Spanish. I can still speak it if I have time to stop and think. But I no longer understand it.

Yo habla poquita espanol pero no sabe mucho. Mexicanos habla muy rapido por este viejo blanco.
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/08/15 02:55 PM
"I speak a bit of Spanish, but I don't know much. Mexicans speak very fast for this honky."
Posted By: rmedgar Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/08/15 04:21 PM
Sunil, you're coming to this conference even if we have to come find you, and drag your Spanish speaking ass behind a truck all the way to Dallas.
So start $%^&*&*&^$ packing!!!
We speak Texican here not spinich. If you gonna pack down here make sure that your state has recip. Laws that Texas accepts. Wouldn't want any of the Pond Boss family to get in a bind down here. Keep it concealed!

Pat
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/08/15 06:45 PM
I'm most likely in.
Posted By: esshup Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/08/15 07:16 PM
Pat, every trip somewhere I check the regs because things change so quickly from state to state reprocity wise. Here a lifetime CC permit is available and I have one. wink

I agree about the concealed part.

Previously the only concern was driving to Texas was driving thru the Republic of Illinois and now with the new regs, as long as I'm in the vehicle, I'm legal. Once I get out? It's gotta be unloaded and locked away from the ammo.
Esshup

A lot of folks don't realize how important it is to keep er hid. I was a CHL instructor for a while and have heard many nightmares about this issue. I stopped teaching when the laws changed faster than the state could answer your questions.when you can't answer your students questions it's time to give up, there is to much at stake giving someone a license and them not really understanding what their responsibilities are.

Pat W
Posted By: John Wann Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/08/15 09:17 PM
Still on the agenda. I'm driving. Still unsure on bringing boat. If anybody wants to carpool mid missori down let me know. I'm 2 miles off I44. Can't wait. Sunil bring some of that beer with flavor you had at Bruce's.
Posted By: Rainman Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/08/15 11:45 PM
I am likely to show up....
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 12:02 AM
Just booked a flight, despite the low fuel prices, 20+ hrs on the road became increasingly unappealing. Five weeks out? Wow, coming fast!
Posted By: catmandoo Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 01:41 AM
Originally Posted By: Rainman
I am likely to show up....

Rex -- You better make it! Have you missed any PB conferences?

Lynda and I are sure looking forward to visiting with everybody.

Except for a few Pond Boss fishing trips and regional gatherings, I sure miss getting together with the group. It has been way too long since we all got together face-to-face at the last conference.

I really encourage all newer members to join us, especially if you have never been to one of the conferences. You will be welcomed like a very wealthy and very elderly relative about to change their Last Will and Testament -- but we have no expectations beyond friendliness.

We are open to all guests, whether invited or not.

We always learn a lot -- some people can turn problems into exciting visions.

We always have fun -- sometimes people find exciting gifts under their chairs:

We even do some fishing.

Posted By: sprkplug Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 01:54 AM
It's iffy for me, and probably won't know till the last second. Mother nature has the final say.
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 01:55 AM
Let me just assure everyone that catmandoo's second picture does not accurately reflect the attendance of the presentations!!! I think that picture was taken before the session started.

Most times, the seats up front are filled with people like me, Cody, ewest, Doc Willis (rest his soul), n8ly, and Heidi from Tool Time, who want to learn as much as we can about the ponds that we love so much.

In the back, there's another group of folks like TJ, Blair/Oh Canada, Blaine, Shawn Banks, Grimes, Sue Cruz, Dave Davidson and others, who drink beers and throw things at each other, like children.

It's a great mix of folks....
Posted By: catmandoo Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 03:24 AM
Let me just assure everyone that catmandoo's second picture does not accurately reflect the attendance of the presentations!!! I think that picture was taken before the session started.

Most times, the seats up front are filled with people like me, Cody, ewest, Doc Willis (rest his soul), n8ly, and Heidi from Tool Time, who want to learn as much as we can about the ponds that we love so much.

It's a great mix of folks....

I can't tell if that is my bald head or Dave Willis' bald head in the third row, in the foreground of that picture. My guess is that the session started on time, but not everyone was feeling well that morning. Wasn't that the morning after some of the "fireworks" on the hill that awakened much of the rest of the lodge guests?

But yes, it is a great mix of folks....

And yes, the sessions are always pretty well attended.

Now if we could just get Mike Otto and Dave Sefton to drive one of their little pond makers onto the conference floor -- I bet we'd really have a crowd!
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 12:57 PM
I have to admit I'm getting excited about the conference. It'll be great to see both real and virtual friends again, and make some new ones along the way.

The networking opportunities with other attendees shouldn't be underestimated either. Face to face meetings often let one know their particular issues are more common than one might think. Lots of help is always available.

Here's the old thread on PB Conference V.
Pond Boss Conference V
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 02:01 PM
"Face to face meetings often let one know their particular issues are more common than one might think."

So you found out that there are other people who share your primal fear of kittens?
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 02:45 PM
Yeah, Sunil's coming to the conference!!! I figured you'd start taking potshots at me once you made the final decision.

Swing by the trailer house on that Thursday, and I'll send some kittens home with you.
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 02:46 PM
Just booked my room and flight!!
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 02:51 PM
See, I knew it. My ESP is rock solid.
Posted By: highflyer Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 03:08 PM
Never underestimate Al's ESP. You will loose......

And you will end up with kittens.......
Posted By: Zep Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 03:11 PM
so....at these Pond Boss conferences are the attendees real name
and posting name on their nametags so we can place a
forum name with a face? I wanna see who some of these cats really are!

Posted By: Sherrie- Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 03:41 PM
Yes to the name tags. We encourage the attendees to let us add their forum names, but it's up to them. Most do.
Posted By: Zep Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 03:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Sherrie - Pond Boss
Yes to the name tags. We encourage the attendees to let us add their forum names

Excellent Sherrie...thanks.
I wanna see who this "teehjaeh57" character is! smile
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 04:13 PM
Look for me at the ice breaker - I'll likely have a diet pepsi in hand, and might be wearing pants.
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 04:16 PM
Al/FireIsHot's name tag should also have "Dreamboat Annie" on it.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 04:34 PM
Not sure I've laughed that hard since...nearly fell into the fire. Didn't you guys end up trolling the battery charger all night long - completely oblivious?
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 04:40 PM

You don't need to worry yourself one iota over my badge content cowboy. I'm sure Bob will have very responsible staff manning registration.

TJ, I'll see if I can get a session at PB Conference VII to tell the whole story exactly as it happened. It was a moment though, wasn't it?
Posted By: esshup Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 04:49 PM
I'm glad that I stayed by the fire!!
Posted By: sprkplug Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 04:55 PM
I remember it was dark down at the dock, there was the sound of splashing, then several high-pitched voices (read that as screaming like little girls) uttering various exclamations simultaneously.

Also glad I stayed by the fire.
Posted By: esshup Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 05:03 PM
IIRC Bruce said that the battery charger is still working (after it dried out).
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 05:08 PM
Man, still laughing over here...that was some good clean fun right there.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 05:12 PM
IIRC Bruce said that the battery charger is still working (after it dried out).

Unfortunately however, all the fish in quarry lake now display an unusually high tolerance/resistance to electroshocking surveys.
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 06:10 PM
Ha ha!! That was classic!!
Sunil, I can't believe you even considered for a moment not coming to the conference!!
Make sure you guys all sign up for the fishing tournament too! I'm letting folks choose their partners if they want to this year!
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 06:18 PM
Sue, this time of year is not so good for me, and coming to PB-VI will jam up my work travel needs.

Cue the violins....

It's too bad that we're gonna miss Al/FIH at PB-VI since he'll be searching for PB-VII.
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 06:39 PM
It's not too great for me either ~ I have to leave Saturday to get to another conference in Indianapolis. I'm pretty much on the road the whole month! Can't wait to see you and everyone else! Are you bringing Vickie? We need to work on Banks!
Oh, and that Al.... he's always ahead of the game! I hope we can catch up! smile
Posted By: esshup Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 07:05 PM
Sue, what saturday?? (date and where?)
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 07:06 PM
...It's too bad that we're gonna miss Al/FIH at PB-VI since he'll be searching for PB-VII.

Sunil, I was talking about PB VII. The sessions for PB VI are already set.

Don't you remember that you're lecturing on "Winter fish kills and mud cats are your friends" on Saturday?
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 07:32 PM
My itinerary reads, "The top ten reasons I scream like a Norwegian schoolgirl when presented with Bullheads" - by Sunil
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 07:44 PM
Sue, Woman is not coming.
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 08:43 PM
Scott, the Saturday afternoon at the PB conference I have to leave~ the Midwest Aquatic Plant Management Society is having their annual conference.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 08:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Sue Cruz
Scott, the Saturday afternoon at the PB conference I have to leave~ the Midwest Aquatic Plant Management Society is having their annual conference.

Sounds riveting
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 09:10 PM
What will be riveting is the PB Conference!! I'll probably be ready for a nice calm boring conference after seeing all you freaks in Dallas! I hope everyone makes it!! Looking forward to the reunion!!
Posted By: Zep Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 10:03 PM
Hey Sherrie....is there a specific hourly schedule
or timeline of events, seminars, talks, for the PondBoss
conference that has been distributed or put online that
I could look at?
Posted By: esshup Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 10:32 PM
Sue, you'll need the plane ride to recoup from the conference. Maybe you can get a few hrs sleep before hitting Indy.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/09/15 10:32 PM
Is Scotty from down under coming? He gets me into all kinds of trouble.
Posted By: John Wann Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/10/15 08:56 AM

Never leave a get together early or you will be asking what stuff like this means. From what I understand there was a boat and splash near Bruce's Dock.
Posted By: n8ly Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/12/15 01:25 AM
I will be speaking at the conference this year.... not actually talking about fish, but rather gonna be talking about ideas on how to customize your pond with amenities for your whole family to enjoy.

Yall will get to meet Jared and Tyler for their first conference along with my bro's Chad and Justin! We are driving and should get in Wednesday sometime but them guys are all going hog hunting Thursday.
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/12/15 02:56 PM
Hey TJ ~ Yes, Scotty will be there!!

Nate ~ can't wait to hear your talk! I'm sure it will be awesome!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/12/15 03:52 PM
This just in...PB VI Conference Schedule ammendment:

Tannerite exposition at the Hilton fountain, 11:59 PM CST Friday February 20th hosted by Scotty Tucker and TJ Hudson. Earplugs and ponchos provided courtesy of Vertex Aeration.
Posted By: Sue Cruz Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/12/15 05:59 PM
LOL!! Escape truck provided by Sunil!!
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/12/15 09:32 PM
No, no, I just made the decision to haul ass!!

Young Blood was driving.

I don't think I've ever seen anything funnier than Scotty hobbling to the truck as we were laying tire getting out of there.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/12/15 09:38 PM
I've never been responsible for breaking up a fun party like that before. Sigh....it was only a QUARTER stick of dynamite, after all, and was somewhat close to Independence Day.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/13/15 02:21 PM
I've never been responsible for breaking up a fun party like that before...

Probably true, but I seem to remember one time me and catmandoo woke up on the floor when the condo shook after a midnight boom from a undermined source.

I'm sure the crater in the FM road the next morning was unrelated. Probably a water leak somewhere.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/13/15 02:53 PM
OH Crap !! Outlaws at the PBC. So it's nice to know there will be entertainment smile
Posted By: Tbar Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/13/15 03:57 PM
This is too close for me not to attend. I have it on the calender even though there is a conflict I will have to resolve.

Hope to meet some of y'all there.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/13/15 04:07 PM
I've never been responsible for breaking up a fun party like that before...

Probably true, but I seem to remember one time me and catmandoo woke up on the floor when the condo shook after a midnight boom from a undermined source.

I'm sure the crater in the FM road the next morning was unrelated. Probably a water leak somewhere.

Sorry, can't pin that crater on me - it was the Swede [Absolut] up to late night shenanigans again. I think Dr Dave invited him - try looking over there.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/16/15 12:33 PM
Just over a month to go! Hopefully we'll have some good weather that weekend.
Posted By: Zep Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/16/15 03:02 PM
Just over a month to go! Hopefully we'll have some good weather that weekend.

Lets have a repeat of this weekend's weather!

Check out the next few days Al!

Posted By: TGW1 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/16/15 03:55 PM
It is going to be a great weekend forsure. smile But I was listening to Joe Biscardy (I think that's his name) a weather guy I first herd yrs ago on the Dallas area radios. He was being interview by Neal @ Fox News, and he said a record breaking cold weather is on its way and was based on what he called the Europe model projections. So enjoy this nice weather my friend. smile
Posted By: Zep Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/16/15 04:29 PM
we are certainly not finished with winter in mid-January
Posted By: Bing Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/16/15 10:02 PM
So glad you are bringing the crew Nate. I love hanging out with TV stars!!!
Posted By: John Wann Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/17/15 09:59 AM
I think I'm just going to bank fish. Does that Bass Pro nearby sell out of state permits? I might drag a friend along for that drive. He won't attend conference but will fish all day. Not sure how much time for fishing there will if I brought my boat. I have to hurry out Sunday morning. Wife is flying out to Omaha Sunday evening. I plan on arriving Wednesday afternoon so I can some fishing in before conference.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/17/15 11:17 AM
Yes John, BPS sells the fishing licenses.

EDIT: It may or may not be a little early come conference time, but the sandies start running the creeks right around the end of Feb, first of March. That can be a blast, and all it takes are roadrunners, and a bucket for the fish.

annual sand bass run
When the sandies(whites to the Yanks) start running, dang near anything works. And, Al is right. They are a blast.
Posted By: John Wann Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/19/15 02:34 PM
They are a blast when you hit the run. I travel to OK in early April each year to catch them out Illinois River feeding Lake Tenkiller.
Posted By: djstauder Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/21/15 01:35 PM
Jodi and I are coming... made reservations yesterday
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/21/15 03:44 PM
Hey DJ, can't wait to meet you. Let's make an effort to circle around.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/22/15 01:21 AM
Yo, Mods: Is it be possible to post attendees by their forum handles?

Is Dwight coming?
Posted By: Rainman Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/22/15 02:39 AM
DJ, Great to hear you and Jodi will be there to see again! Maybe we can get first place this year fishing! I'm gonna be there, and looks like I'll have the spray barge in tow.

I'll be in TX a week or two so I decided to stay off site at a 2BR extended stay place...I'll have extra space if anyone needs a place to stay for the conference.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/22/15 03:14 AM

Is Dwight coming?

Dwight unfortunately won't be able to attend.

Are you thinking about an online list of names vs. forum names? There may be some people who are hiding under aliases or other assumed names. Like what would happen if reprobates like Sock Puppet or Barnes were to show up?

I'm sure there is something we can do to provide a cross reference. Maybe we just have such a list in the moderator's booth. Or, we could just ask Sunil. He knows everybody.
Posted By: Rainman Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/22/15 03:41 AM
Originally Posted By: catmandoo

Is Dwight coming?

Dwight unfortunately won't be able to attend.

Are you thinking about an online list of names vs. forum names? There may be some people who are hiding under aliases or other assumed names. Like what would happen if reprobates like Sock Puppet or Barnes were to show up?

I'm sure there is something we can do to provide a cross reference. Maybe we just have such a list in the moderator's booth. Or, we could just ask Sunil. He knows everybody.

Not to mention the damage Buck and Tan would do to your eyes if annoyed!!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/22/15 04:19 AM
Thanks Ken, what I was hoping is we could list them on the forum, you know, like this:

Sunil
Catmandoo
Bruce Condello
Rainman
DJstauder
Fireishot
Dave Davidson1
John Wann
Sue Cruz
Nate Herman
Zep
Rmedgar
Highflyer
Chris Steelman
Ewest
Esshup

I guess I started a list! Who else am I missing?
Posted By: Bing Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/22/15 05:26 AM
Bing & Mrs. Bing
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/22/15 05:33 AM
Wonderful!
Posted By: esshup Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/22/15 06:23 AM
I'm pretty sure Greg Grimes and Kelly Duffie will be there.
Yeah, those guys are presenting.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/22/15 02:07 PM
I need to razz grimes and owe Kelly a soda pop for all his guidance. Beasley and Scotty are also coming, what about Blaine? Oh canada sadly is remaining up north this time.
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/22/15 02:59 PM
I just sent Blaine a text. Will see what he says...
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/22/15 03:00 PM
He just replied asking "when is it?"
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/22/15 03:07 PM
Blaine is not coming.

He has some other shows to do that conflict.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/22/15 03:23 PM
Ugh, band members dropping like flies! Brilliant idea agreeing to provide "live music" on the booze cruise barge, guess we gotta step up. I can manage a trap kit - plus the jug, triangle, wood block, castanets, and maybe the washboard. You'd better recruit some fellow strings players. Someone needs to fill in for Cody - spoken word and beat poetry, Al might be a fit. Condello can run the fog machine and laser lights, maybe. Frantic over here, just throwing ideas against the wall kinda thing at this point.
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/22/15 03:53 PM
If you do bring the trap-kit, watch out for spontaneous combustion.

We've been bit by that before when it comes to drummers, percussionists, and flutists.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/22/15 04:02 PM
Man, where's a flaming jazz flutist when you need one? DD1? I promise, no one will find your fluting emasculating, except maybe fellow Texans.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/23/15 03:53 AM
Has anybody heard from "O Canada Blair?" He's been kind of scarce since the Lake Erie walleye trip. Did some of you guys do something to him or his brother after I left?
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/23/15 04:02 AM
To address your former query: He is not coming, sadly.

To address your latter query: Yes, we did...or rather, they did to themselves, but we were supportive.

Dr. Dave is also a casualty, unfortunately.

Can you play the mouth harp, Ken? We need some help in the band.
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/23/15 01:19 PM
Blair/Oh Canada is working for the man now...
Posted By: catmandoo Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/23/15 09:10 PM
Can you play the mouth harp, Ken? We need some help in the band.

Me thinks it's best not to go down that road. cry

I learned at a very young age not to even try to coordinate my brain and body via music rhythm. I probably could do OK blowing across the top of an old moonshine jug or running my fingernails up and down a washboard -- but not simultaneously.

So unfortunately, you'll just have to count me out for this memorable effort.

How about recruiting/enticing Al Hurts (aka Fire is Hot) with a can of beans? sick
Posted By: catmandoo Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/23/15 09:13 PM
Blair/Oh Canada is working for the man now...

That is a serious bummer. He and his bride always bring such bright and happy rays from the land of midnight sun.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/23/15 10:27 PM
I'm guessing if we collectively imbibe enough, no one will miss the band...especially not when Al is tubing...whilst aflame.

Note: I do not condone either of these activities...
I have no musical skills.

When I try to sing it sounds like a dying calf in a hail storm.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/24/15 12:09 AM
That plan may work TJ. I like both tubing and fire, and have total disdain for any type of party liqueur.

Will we be done by dark?
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/24/15 02:47 AM
Yes, Al, and then it's Missouri Boat Ride time!!!
Posted By: blair5002 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/24/15 04:03 AM
Haha thanks for thinking of us you guys but we cannot make the trip this year. Our area is going through a ressession with the price of oil hitting its lows. I have a new carrier as an apprentice electrician. I still have a job after our shop has laid off 30% of the employees in the last 2 weeks. Also I am one of only 10% that are getting full time hrs.

Just not the right time this year.

Ken nothing would scare us away from the pb crew.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/24/15 05:05 AM
Oh Canada...you'll have to pass along the orange wedge target practice to someone else this year. Hopefully they'll lack your sharpshooting skills. Tell your bro, hey!
Posted By: Rainman Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/24/15 08:45 AM
Yes, Al, and then it's Missouri Boat Ride time!!!

Since I'll be bringing my spray barge, Al could at least take a ride on a boat FROM Missouri. He could even fire up the pumps and man the hoses, water cannon style, in case [when?] TJ gets a little out of control again. grin
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/24/15 05:01 PM
Rex - the party barge costs $37/person - I think you ought to give them a run for their money and offer your own Booze Cruise for far less. Wildlife viewing, all you can eat pork rind buffet, and we could use your water cannons on the country club party barge snobs right before we assume control. Make eye patches mandatory once you step on board - total pirate theme, ye scallywags!
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/24/15 05:25 PM
Free market competition.

You need a Rum Punch though. A real bad Rum punch...from Rum in a plastic bottle.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/24/15 05:56 PM
Free market competition.

You need a Rum Punch though. A real bad Rum punch...from Rum in a plastic bottle.

Spike the punch with golden shiners...make it authentic fish juice. I love it when entrepreneurs collaborate. Can you feel the magic happening here?
Posted By: Rainman Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/24/15 07:30 PM
Rex - the party barge costs $37/person - I think you ought to give them a run for their money and offer your own Booze Cruise for far less. Wildlife viewing, all you can eat pork rind buffet, and we could use your water cannons on the country club party barge snobs right before we assume control. Make eye patches mandatory once you step on board - total pirate theme, ye scallywags!

LOL...I even proved on my boat's maiden voyage after conversion that underwater dives are possible if needed....

With all the lime scaling on mine, I think Billy Bob teeth and an all redneck attire would be more appropriate than eye patches
Posted By: Tbar Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/25/15 02:33 PM
I'm in.......
Posted By: djstauder Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/26/15 01:38 PM
TJ/Rex... Hilarious!
Rex, how many can you fit on your "party" barge?
Posted By: esshup Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/29/15 01:40 AM
Anybody heard from sleeping beauty?
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/29/15 04:23 AM
Blaine is out.
Posted By: n8ly Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/29/15 04:34 AM
Tbar is in and Blaine is out.... Literally....
Posted By: Rainman Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/29/15 05:47 AM
TJ/Rex... Hilarious!
Rex, how many can you fit on your "party" barge?

Maybe 10 without all the pumps and equipment, 2 when loaded and safety rails removed.
Posted By: John Wann Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/29/15 08:43 AM
I need in on the booze cruise. I'm always scarred taking flat bottoms on lakes without scoping out first. Had some near sink experiences in some choppy water a few times on Table Rock. Mostly from motors dying or jet plugging. I believe a town Elder is coming with me. Can he atend the supper with stars? What is the Friday night events? I need to get that stuff booked.
Posted By: John Wann Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 01/29/15 04:40 PM
Finally made it to get my magazine at post office. I see its a cruise Friday. Sweet. Just got all booked up. Can't wait.
Posted By: george1 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/03/15 12:21 PM
Hey, any you guys having second thoughts about attending the conference, here''s a reminder.
It aint just all about fish and biology.
My buddy Dave D. just gave me a wake-up call - ask him to tell the story!

Life time friendships are the most important!
See 'ya at the "ice breaker"!
George

Posted By: TGW1 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/03/15 12:48 PM
I found out yesterday the Hilton there does not allow pets. Some Hiltons do allow pets but this one does not. We have a 5lb maltiese/toy poodle mix family member who goes where we go. Charlie is family, and he loves to go fishing with me, and he loves going to the pond. He likes getting in the water and looks like a drowned white rat when wet. He always puts a smile on my face when we are at the pond. So I will be looking into getting a room @ LaQuinta (MS I think) because they have always allowed pets and so we stay with them a lot when traveling. I have a question here. Do venders selling such things as aerator's and other pond stuff have an area set up to display their products or where we might discuss such things?
Thanks
Tracy
Posted By: esshup Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/03/15 01:33 PM
Tracy:

Yes, vendors will be there. Here's a partial list of vendors at the bottom of the last page:
http://www.pondboss.com/events.asp?id=7

Plus while Bill Cody won't be there, I will. Either in the moderators booth or walking around.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/04/15 01:45 PM
Thanks for the info esshup, I look forward to meeting you and thanking you for your input and answers to my forum questions here.
Posted By: esshup Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/04/15 05:08 PM
I'm looking forward to putting faces with the new people that are on the forum! For me, the conference goes by all too quickly. There's not enough time in the day (and night) to talk to everybody.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/05/15 03:51 AM
Yo Rex

You really going to take the barge for a cruise? If so, mark me down for a spot, please. I suspect with you at the helm we'll be in for some adventures, and stand a fairly solid chance of drowning. Sounds like my kind of ride!
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/05/15 12:15 PM
Oh lord, the potential for disaster/entertainment would certainly be there if Rex's barge was loaded with Alum and thrill seekers.

I might as well put 39 fire station on speed dial.
Posted By: Rainman Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/05/15 01:06 PM
Oh lord, the potential for disaster/entertainment would certainly be there if Rex's barge was loaded with Alum and thrill seekers.

I might as well put 39 fire station on speed dial.

Not to mention the gasoline.... cry

It's looking like the barge will be remain in it's current dry dock now, so Dallas' finest won't get to practice highly unusual, water emergencies.

To directly answer what was queried, TJ, no, I would not have launched the barge if brought along. I get into way more precarious "situations" on my own than any man ever should. I can't even fathom the myriad of troubles arising with help from my friends! Plus, I just do NOT have that much bail money on hand currently!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/05/15 04:07 PM
Adventure factor for PB Conference just dropped 25%. Looks like fireball Al will have to shoulder the entertainment load performing handstands on the tube. Curious, are bottle rockets legal in TX? I should rephrase that: "Anyone have a stash of bottle rockets they are willing to bring to the conference?" Those legal details don't typically interest me, anyhow.
Posted By: John Wann Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/05/15 06:10 PM
I have crap load of bottle rockets. Lol. Whistlers and regular. They would prob frown if I brought one of these.
had to remove that one. Had a little profanity.
http://youtu.be/OrJMDqmJZLo
Posted By: rmedgar Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/05/15 06:54 PM
Great!!!
Posted By: Cisco Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/05/15 07:19 PM
OK, I'm in.
Posted By: Zep Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/05/15 08:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Cisco
OK, I'm in.

allll righhht!

Posted By: FireIsHot Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/05/15 09:29 PM
TJ, if I do a handstand, I'll break a hip. I know they're totally unrelated to each other, but that's what happens when the bod goes south. Even my Samson-like platinum mane won't help me when gravity takes over.

Ensure rocks!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/05/15 09:38 PM
I wasn't expecting anything so grandiose, but if you insist! Adventure factor nudging back upwards.
Posted By: Dwight Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/05/15 10:53 PM
Regrettably, I can't make the conference.

I would be happy to send a full flask to TJ were he to oath sharing with Pond Boss friends. TJ on his own with full flask crazy ; I am not responsible for those nefarious enterprise.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/05/15 11:05 PM
Total buzzkill D, bummed you'll be basking in your arctic wonderland, besides I owe you some top shelf Vodka. Another time, amigo...and rest assured, I'll share and raise a toast to you and our other PB brethren notably absent, perhaps during some live Opera if we're so blessed?!?
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/05/15 11:24 PM
I missed that opera singing. I was outside on the phone with Woman. I also missed the guitar player dude.
Posted By: Dwight Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/05/15 11:50 PM
Shenandoah, man!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/06/15 01:13 AM
"I'm on my way, to the wide, Missouri"

Dwight couldn't stop giggling, I was beyond mortified. He obviously doesn't frequent many black tie events. That was some shockingly high class entertainment which was apparently entirely spontaneous. I will never forget that moment.

To his credit, he saved me probably $200 that night from buying cocktails at the Cedar Lodge rates with his handy flask full of a top shelf Vodka. Diet cokes were free, waiters figured I was the designated driver - I didn't strain myself correcting them.

Earlier in the evening, I nearly fell 100 feet to my death at that place - and was entirely sober when it happened. Lack of railing on the deck overlooking the valley, I was midsentence talking to someone, then I was free falling backwards. I don't recall who was there with me, maybe Josh, but I think I entirely disappeared for a while and he likely assumed the worst until I landed on a rock ledge 6 feet down. Few more feet and it was a long way down.

And, times like these are precisely why I always carry a spare pair of boxer shorts in my back pocket.

PS: I've never heard Dwight giggle, and would wager he's entirely adverse to giggling - probably regards it as a waste of otherwise perfectly good energy. I'm sure I was the only one displaying questionable behavior at the table, per usual.
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/06/15 01:13 PM
I was there when you almost bought the farm.....uh...er.. resort, that is.

I remember having to enlist Dwight to count the money at the end of the dinner. I was too hammered.
Posted By: Dwight Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/06/15 03:39 PM
Someone has a photo of Sunil and I (the money changers) counting cash to pay for the MEAL. I don't recall who took that photo (the flask blinded me temporarily). If that photo surfaces I am the large one on the left and Sunil is the small confused one on the right......
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/06/15 05:57 PM
Ah yes.....that was in your "Big Chub" days.

Good times....
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/06/15 06:09 PM
Anyone notice the Sasquatch footprints leading to and from Dwight's pond? You need to cast those, photograph and measure and post them online for the Bigfoot community to enjoy!
Posted By: lassig Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/07/15 12:54 PM
One of these days I will make a conference, I promise. But I have a snow goose hunt booked with the Snow Fox for that weekend with friends.
Posted By: Dwight Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/07/15 05:44 PM
Anyone notice the Sasquatch footprints leading to and from Dwight's pond? You need to cast those, photograph and measure and post them online for the Bigfoot community to enjoy!

Look like Mule tracks to me.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/08/15 03:23 AM

Ummm. Could this be the origin of the Big Foot prints you are seeing in the snow?

If so, I think many of us know the owner of the foot that made those prints! sick

Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/08/15 08:09 AM
That foot looks like it belongs in a stew of some kind. A bad kind of stew, for sure.
Posted By: Bing Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/08/15 03:53 PM
Originally Posted By: lassig
One of these days I will make a conference, I promise. But I have a snow goose hunt booked with the Snow Fox for that weekend with friends.

lassig, snow geese are everywhere and the conference is only every two years. Bring those friends down to Texas and let them meet your other friends.
Posted By: esshup Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/08/15 03:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Bing

lassig, snow geese are everywhere and the conference is only every two years. Bring those friends down to Texas and let them meet your other friends.

Ditto! You are about 5 hrs from Stuttgart, and there's a lot more snows down there right now than are up where you are.....

Come down for the conference, have your buddies come down for a couple of days and get into a slightly different type of goose hunting.....
Posted By: John Wann Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/09/15 01:20 AM
I can still hold 2 passangers. I'm right on I 44 in mid Missouri if somebody wants to carpool. Leaving early Thursday morning.
Posted By: lassig Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/09/15 12:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Bing

Ditto! You are about 5 hrs from Stuttgart, and there's a lot more snows down there right now than are up where you are.....

Come down for the conference, have your buddies come down for a couple of days and get into a slightly different type of goose hunting.....

Understand guys and I will make it some day. Had the deposit in for almost a year and it is right in my backyard. Over the weekend we got covered up with snow geese and specks (to bad we can't hunt them). Going tomorrow and looking forward to it
Posted By: Bing Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/09/15 06:59 PM
Understand guys and I will make it some day. Had the deposit in for almost a year and it is right in my backyard. Over the weekend we got covered up with snow geese and specks (to bad we can't hunt them). Going tomorrow and looking forward to it

A poor excuse is slightly better than no excuse at all!!!
Posted By: BillyD Indianapolis Boat and sport show - 02/09/15 11:44 PM
Will POND BOSS be represented at this event?
Posted By: esshup Re: Indianapolis Boat and sport show - 02/10/15 01:24 AM
Billy:

Welcome to the forum. Call the office and find out. 800-687-6075 When is the Indy show?
Posted By: RAH Re: Indianapolis Boat and sport show - 02/10/15 11:36 AM
http://indianapolisboatsportandtravelshow.com/#

I don't see PondBoss on the exhibitor list.
Posted By: Bing Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/10/15 02:22 PM
Since you are not going to make it to the conference this year Lassig, good luck with those white birds. We got too many of them in down state Illinois. Shoot a bunch !!!
Posted By: lassig Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/11/15 12:21 PM
Bing we are trying, had 10s of thousands of snow geese fly over us yesterday. Just to many geese in the area and they set up in a field a mile away and suck everything that flew into that spot. We did manage to get 4 groups to work and shot 22. This cold snap is not going to help. Enjoy the conference folks
Posted By: Lovnlivin Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/12/15 01:23 AM
Safe travels to everyone going, learn lots and have a great time!
Posted By: Sunil Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/13/15 01:12 PM
Well....one week from now, we'll be hard in process of pickling our livers and learning about ponds & fish!!

Look out!!!!
Posted By: esshup Re: re: "Who's coming to the conference?" - 02/14/15 03:52 AM
I thought that was one week from Wednesday?
© Pond Boss Forum