Pond Boss
of their pond.

I'm going to finally break down and get one of these and watch my big brook trout in the trout pond from inside the house. This is what is recommended by the koi pond website I frequent. Once the well is shut off for the winter and the iron settles out the water becomes swimming pool clear.

http:// ctis www.ctistore.com/catalog/cat/prod,81902.html?origin=google_adwords&gclid=CO6p4LGxsMECFQgDaQodOL4A9g

I will mount mine off the pier in the photo and run it through some pvc to protect the cable to the side of the house. Then up to a TV or my computer monitor.

Posted By: lassig Re: Anybody doing any video stream monitoring - 10/16/14 10:30 AM
Cecil,

So are you going to mount the camera under the water?
Yes
Any idea how to get the signal longer than 65 feet of cable? I assume these are RCA cable ends. Is there a RCA to wifi option to transmit via internet? I know there are wifi surveillance cameras but not sure if any are 'waterproof' enough to be submerged 24/7
Originally Posted By: canyoncreek
Any idea how to get the signal longer than 65 feet of cable? I assume these are RCA cable ends. Is there a RCA to wifi option to transmit via internet? I know there are wifi surveillance cameras but not sure if any are 'waterproof' enough to be submerged 24/7

The one i posted the link to above is supposed to be good down to 90 feet of water and some koi folks were using it underwater to watch their fish.

Alegedly the consensus on the web site was remote transmission was ineffective if the camera is much below the water level if that applies to your question?

I will get it figured out regardless and will report back. Who knows maybe a potential article for the magazine.

I always get 'er done when I put my mind to something.
yes Cecil, I was thinking that underwater transmission via wifi would be tough. I was thinking that the cable ends would get you to shore at least but then you would need to adapt from cable (probably RCA unless there is a 3rd cable for sound?) to some device that allows a video and sound input and changes it to wifi transmission.

Keep us posted!

Thanks
Posted By: 3z3k3l Re: Anybody doing any video stream monitoring - 03/05/15 04:34 PM
Any update on this? What did you decide on? How did it come out? It would be pretty cool to see what your fish are doing during the day..haha
Wonder if you could do something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06GfYEAbiuw

I have thought about streaming some video too but our pond is so full of life its very hard to see very far.

Cheers Don.
© Pond Boss Forum