Pond Boss
Posted By: Zep I guess Asian Carp are now offensive - 08/31/14 12:05 AM
DEM STATE SENATOR: CALLING A FISH FROM ASIA AN "ASIAN CARP" IS "HURTFUL" AND OFFENSIVE

The Minnesota Senate on Monday approved John Hoffman's (D-MN) bill to change the name "Asian carp" so called because the species originates from Asia, to "invasive carp". Since Asian carp were introduced in the U.S. in the 1970's, the fish have spread to dozens of states causing destruction in the delicate ecosystems of the waterways.

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers have been fighting off the most invasive species, the black carp from China, the Silver carp from Vietnam, and Grass carp from China from spreading into the Great Lakes were the fish could do massive damage the regions fishing industry. While arguing his case on the Senate floor, Hoffman said that referring to the fish as “Asian” was hurtful to some people.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/20...l-And-Offensive
Posted By: catmandoo Re: I guess Asian Carp are now offensive - 08/31/14 12:27 AM
I'm going to leave this tread here for at least a little while. But, it is the kind of off-subject threads that really push the limits of our forum rules and protocol.

Let's not make this a thread that makes one or more go to Banned Camp.

Catmandoo Ken
Posted By: RAH Re: I guess Asian Carp are now offensive - 08/31/14 12:29 AM
The Mexican Bean Beetle, and Indian Meal Moth are next! Never mind the Asian Bush Honeysuckle. so hurtful.... Glad to know our elected officials are working on high priority issues.

P.S. Wrote the above before moderator warning, but this just seems like good fun.
Posted By: Zep Re: I guess Asian Carp are now offensive - 08/31/14 12:42 AM
Sorry Cat.
If you feel the topic crosses the line of decency,
by all means delete the thread.
My feelings will not be hurt.

I tried and got this message:

"Since this post is the first post in a topic
and already has replies it may not be deleted"
Posted By: rmedgar Re: I guess Asian Carp are now offensive - 08/31/14 03:07 AM
palm to forehead...
© Pond Boss Forum