Pond Boss
Posted By: J. Broussard Hit water while digging my pond?? - 05/14/14 09:06 PM
New guy with a new guy question. I am almost finished digging a pond probably close to 2 acres. I dug the pond to build my house pad and build my road base. I hit water early on in the digging, worked around it. I guess thats the water table? On the very north end of the pond I got in the pond with the excavator and dug a deeper hole down to the next layer of hard clay. above that clay I found water that came out of the ground at a higher flow rate. You could hear the water coming out of the ground on the video i took with my phone. Question can I expect this water to fill the pond or atleast assist in the clarity and health of the pond. plane to stock the pond later after researching the proper way to do so.

thanks
I am located in South west louisiana.
Posted By: DonoBBD Re: Hit water while digging my pond?? - 05/14/14 09:38 PM
With any luck it is under more pressure then you will have in water depth of your pond. .5 PSI per foot of depth.

Cheers Don
Posted By: esshup Re: Hit water while digging my pond?? - 05/14/14 11:17 PM
http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.ph...true#Post352698
Posted By: RAH Re: Hit water while digging my pond?? - 05/15/14 12:04 AM
No telling - You will need to wait and see if this is a help or hindrance. It all depends on the geology.
Posted By: J. Broussard Re: Hit water while digging my pond?? - 05/15/14 01:17 PM

a few pics of water and soil. The depth is about 12 feet where the excavator bucket is touching.
Posted By: Tums Re: Hit water while digging my pond?? - 05/15/14 03:22 PM
I have 2 ponds that had this happen in the bottom. If water leaks in it will flow the opposite direction when pressure is applied. Odds are you will need some source of water input (stream , well ect...) to maintain water levels during the dry times. I know in mine the water would stop flowing in like that under drought conditions when drained. I know it was not uncommon to see the pond drop around a inch per day in the summer with no water coming in.
© Pond Boss Forum