Pond Boss
Posted By: RC51 Feed trained HSB - 04/22/14 08:45 PM
Hey ya'll I have a quick question about HSB and their habits. My HSB were feed trained when I bought them. This year they have not been feeding very well so far. I was wondering sence they got bigger and had to fend for themselves over the winter (mid October till the end of Feb) do you think maybe they they stopped feeding on pellets? And if they did will they come back to them eventually?

thx
RC
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Feed trained HSB - 04/22/14 08:48 PM
They'll be back..
Posted By: RC51 Re: Feed trained HSB - 04/22/14 08:56 PM
I hope so the one I caught in the pic was on a meps so I know they have been eating live food too. And at that size you would know if they were smacking the surface for pellets and so far not much action.

RC
Posted By: Lovnlivin Re: Feed trained HSB - 04/22/14 09:01 PM
I thought the same thing, RC and got a little worried.

I was only throwing a few AM LMB pellets with a handful of AM600 at a time to not waste food, yet at the same time each morning and evening. After about a week of ocassional "feeders", they're now back in full force, including the BG as well.

I'm guessing the same, they'll be back!

PS - I even have LMB now coming around for food along with the HSB and BG (although the BCP are too frown )
Posted By: lassig Re: Feed trained HSB - 04/23/14 11:47 AM
Mine are eating all that I can throw out right now. Plus on Sunday I fished them about 20 minutes before the feeder went off till 20 minutes after and caught 10 HSBs, 1 Rainbow, and 1 HBG. They came on the flyrod/clouser minnow and a ultralight spinning rod with a small ripshad
© Pond Boss Forum