Pond Boss
Posted By: jimmyc Pier Lighting - 03/31/14 04:59 PM
Momma wants to light up our pier. Do you have any suggestions as to what type of light to use. We have electric close by so that wouldn't be a problem. I guess I'm more interested in the type of light fixtures to use.
Posted By: Cisco Re: Pier Lighting - 03/31/14 05:39 PM
Here's what was on my dock when I bought the place 5 years ago. I think they were on it for about 4 years before then. They plug into a converter I guess it is, drops the voltage to 12V. The housings are now starting to crack but I guess 9 or 10 yrs isn't too bad. I think you can get the at Lowes or HD. I'm going to be doing some work on the dock pretty soon and will probably replace them but not sure with what.

Posted By: esshup Re: Pier Lighting - 03/31/14 06:25 PM
Initial cost might be more than a converter system, but a solar LED light system would be something I'd look into.
Posted By: roadwarriorsvt Re: Pier Lighting - 03/31/14 09:54 PM
I have some el cheapo solar LED lights from Walmart on my dock due to no electricity. For only $.97 each, they work pretty well. Not much light but they do mark the gangway well. If I had electricity, I'd prefer the 12V landscaping lights. Brighter lighting and more reliable than solar.
© Pond Boss Forum