Pond Boss
Posted By: miss nancy Need help - 08/11/13 11:00 PM
I am having my 1/4 pond rebuilt. When it is done....with no water in it...I am going to need some technical support on what to do before I begin filling. I will be using well water. So those in the know please try to help me through this. Thanks Miss Nancy
Posted By: jludwig Re: Need help - 08/12/13 02:05 AM
What are your goals for the pond?
Posted By: miss nancy Re: Need help - 08/12/13 08:24 AM
I want to fish, I want to keep maintanence as low as possible, provide water for wild life, improve the beauty of the property and want it to be a sound pond that adds to our quality of life.
Posted By: RAH Re: Need help - 08/12/13 11:09 AM
I have similar goals to yours, but also wanted swimming. I have a fixed dock joined to a floating dock by a gangway. It sits over 7 to 8 feet of water and provides a fishing and swimming platform. I also have a "natural" edge which consists of reeds and other emergent plants that we planted. We removed cattails as they came up to prevent a monoculture. We have a lot of deep water but also a shallow area where small fish can find protection. We also have lots of ornamental water lilies to enhance the habitat. Very low maintenance. Just mow a path to the dock and a walking path around the pond.

Posted By: miss nancy Re: Need help - 08/12/13 02:31 PM
It is already beautiful....how do you post your photos?
Posted By: RAH Re: Need help - 08/12/13 04:47 PM
Thank you - This pond is established. I just started on planting a second pond built last year. I put photos on PhotoBucket and then copy an img link to a post. I established a photobucket account (free) just so I could post on PondBoss.
© Pond Boss Forum