Pond Boss
Does anyone know a good source to buy fishing minnows in bulk near Red Lake, ON? At $6 a dozen you can spend a small fortune during a week long fishing trip.

I would bring my own, but apparently its illegal to bring pets across the boarder.
Why not contact the nearest chamber of commerce to Red Lake?
Good point.... I will check into that?
May have to look for a wholesaler to go bulk type stuff.
My brother was a bush pilot into the Kenora (Rat Portage when I was a kid) and Winnepeg areas for years. In my younger years, I spent a lot of time fishing in those parts of Ontario and Manitoba. The people, including the outfitters and guides in those areas, are some of the most wonderful people you will ever find on this earth.

Even with all the restrictions about moving fish due to the Great Lakes invasive species and disease issues, I've got to believe the outfitters and guides can provide you with minnow traps or seines you can use.

However, be aware that this spring has been especially difficult due to the late ice-out. There has been a tremendous shortage of minnows, causing prices to go through the roof. It may have abated in the last couple of days, but bring lots of artificial baits, especially minnow-like lures.
© Pond Boss Forum