Pond Boss
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Pond swallowed by sinkhole - 03/21/13 01:16 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t5#/video/us/2013/03/21/dnt-ca-sinkhole-swallows-pond.kcra
Posted By: Shorty Re: Pond swallowed by sinkhole - 03/21/13 01:36 PM
I saw that the other day, that would "suck". (pun intended) grin
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond swallowed by sinkhole - 03/21/13 01:41 PM
That's gonna need a lot of clay to fix!
Posted By: liquidsquid Re: Pond swallowed by sinkhole - 03/21/13 01:41 PM
Wow, pretty amazing. That is my kind of luck! Maybe it opens into a cavern full of gold.

The question is where all of that water went, and where is it going to show up!

If I were operating heavy machinery, I would not get it anywhere near that pond for fear of it falling into the abyss.
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Pond swallowed by sinkhole - 03/22/13 02:54 PM
I'm in Bradenton Fl and about ten days ago a sinkhole opened up under a house. It completelty sucked in a portion of a house along with a thirty yr old man sleeping. His brother heard him screaming and went to where the bedroom was and saw the dresser and a mirror going down, his brother was still yelling for help but there was nothing to do to rescue him. There was a bunch of local news coverage and it was really sad to hear the surviving brother describe the event. The guy in California got off lucky. Notice how close his house is to the hole. Those things are like tornadoes, hit here and miss 20' away.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Pond swallowed by sinkhole - 03/22/13 04:28 PM
I saw that Bob. Just like some kind of horror movie. Poor guy never had a chance.

Then there's this one in I believe in Columbia? I posted it here before and yes it is real.

© Pond Boss Forum