Pond Boss
Posted By: esshup The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/12/13 04:45 PM
It was in my mailbox this morning. I won't have time to look at it until this evening.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/12/13 05:00 PM
Anyone else get their issue? When did you get it?
It was taken to the mailhouse from the printer on February 22 in State College, PA and supposed to have been mailed shortly thereafter?
Posted By: Okie Bob Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/12/13 05:04 PM
Originally Posted By: esshup
It was in my mailbox this morning. I won't have time to look at it until this evening.

Hey buddy, look at page 29. My wife said she wants that on our pond. I must admit, that bridge and greenery is sure aesthetically pleasing.
Posted By: Shorty Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/12/13 05:26 PM
Mine got here a few days ago on Saturday. smile

Unfortunately we had to run our dog to the emergency vet right after it arrived. frown
Posted By: Bing Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/12/13 05:38 PM
Not here as of March 11.
Posted By: Omaha Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/12/13 05:45 PM
Mine showed up the other day as well, I want to say Friday.
Posted By: Sunil Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/12/13 05:49 PM
I normally get mine early, if not first.

This recent issue arrived in Murrysville PA on Monday, March 11, '13.
Posted By: Dwight Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/12/13 06:20 PM
This recent issue arrived at Bremerpond on Monday, March 11, '13.
Posted By: ewest Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/12/13 06:30 PM
My postman -- gone ice fishing and not delivering mail ? shocked

Posted By: John Wann Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/12/13 06:36 PM
Still have not received mine.
NW Ohio 3/11/13
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/12/13 07:09 PM
Still not here.
Got mine on 3-9
Posted By: Bing Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/13/13 02:35 AM
Sob, sob, sob, sob Still not here.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/13/13 09:01 PM
It's here....finally.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/13/13 09:10 PM
Mine too
Posted By: Bing Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/13/13 09:14 PM
Still not here in Central Illinois.
Posted By: John Wann Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/13/13 10:48 PM
Got mine today.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/13/13 11:37 PM
It arrived in High View, WV today 3-13-2013.

Neat surprise to thumb through it and see photos of ESSHUP and me on the last page.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/14/13 12:00 AM
Originally Posted By: catmandoo

Neat surprise to thumb through it and see photos of ESSHUP and me on the last page.

I've never been a fan of duck, but I have to admit it looks good!

Nice photos of Cat and Esshup also.....
Posted By: vamaz Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/14/13 12:20 AM
Wife picked mine up from the mailbox today, but never told me... I'm afraid her interim grade just fell to an A- cry
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/14/13 12:52 AM
My issue finally arrived today Wednesday Mar 13. Very slow delivery if they were posted in PA on Feb 22.
Posted By: esshup Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/14/13 06:01 AM
How does Bass Pro get theirs? Thru the mail or by truck? The BP near Chicago had theirs around the 4th or 5th.
Posted By: John Wann Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/14/13 06:23 AM
I was wondering how bass pro got theirs before subscribers myself. Mine usually gets here week after first sighting.
Got mine yesterday, 3-13 the lovely Mrs. Schmitt saw the add on page 29 for the second time in two hours. The first time was shopping for a fire pit/ring, then whala.... she was admiring a monster of a grill-bar-fort knox sort of cool thing, and when she saw the add in Pond Boss, " It must be a sign!"
Posted By: catmandoo Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/14/13 12:24 PM
Originally Posted By: sprkplug
Originally Posted By: catmandoo

I've never been a fan of duck, but I have to admit it looks good!

The duck breast was actually much like high quality beef filet mignon. Very tender, great mild flavor, and deep burgundy color.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/14/13 02:24 PM
Over here in E AL, the postman is a real slow reader. Still waiting...
I received mine in western NY on Saturday last weekend 3/9/13. Good reading! Printed on silk... hehe!
Posted By: ewest Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/14/13 06:58 PM
Here today !!!
Posted By: Bing Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/14/13 07:55 PM
One more trip to the mail box. Still no PB. The good news, however, is that according to Publishers Clearing House, I may be a millionaire.
Posted By: Sunil Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/14/13 08:10 PM
You are a millionaire.
Posted By: Bing Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/14/13 08:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Sunil
You are a millionaire.
Regrettably, only in Sunil's mind.
Posted By: Sunil Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/14/13 08:50 PM
I kind of adapted that from the movie, Fletch.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/14/13 09:33 PM
Hey Folks,
One other question...was the printed resource guide in the plastic bag with the magazine?
Posted By: Omaha Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/14/13 09:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Bob Lusk
Hey Folks,
One other question...was the printed resource guide in the plastic bag with the magazine?

Yes.
Posted By: Shorty Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/14/13 09:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Omaha
Hey Folks,

Yes.

+1
Posted By: Bing Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/14/13 09:46 PM
[quote=Sunil]I kind of adapted that from the movie, Fletch. [/quote I remember it well.
Posted By: ewest Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/14/13 09:57 PM
Yes.
Posted By: Bernie H. Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/14/13 10:00 PM
Yes,and it's very well done.
Posted By: esshup Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/14/13 10:55 PM
Yes
Posted By: CMM Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/15/13 09:25 PM
Mine arrived on 3-13-13 in west central Missouri. Great anniversary present, although I had to postpone doing any serious reading to do the dinner and a movie thing with dear husband! By the way, whoever does the legal disclaimer stuff needs a raise! It gets my giggle box going every time! And yes on the well done resource guide.
CMM
Posted By: catmandoo Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/15/13 09:34 PM
The resource guide arrived with the magazine.
Posted By: Zep Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/15/13 09:43 PM
was the printed resource guide in the plastic bag with the magazine?

Yes Bob mine arrived and the resource guide was in the plastic bag too. Looks like another great issue. I saw the cover "Crappie in small Ponds - There might be a way". Can't wait to read that article. Love me some crappie! I stocked some Overton's hybrid crappie last fall, but have yet to catch one. Hope they didn't all get eaten.
It's a great article from Bill yet again.

Zep what did you stock? HBCP? I stocked them 3 years ago, they're doing very well - many 12-15" fish thru the ice this year. However, I am seeing some reproduction - no clue how those F2 fish will end up affecting the fishery.
Posted By: Bing Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/15/13 10:05 PM
Just came today. 3/15/13.
Posted By: Zep Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/15/13 10:20 PM
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Zep what did you stock? HBCP? I stocked them 3 years ago, they're doing very well - many 12-15" fish thru the ice this year. However, I am seeing some reproduction - no clue how those F2 fish will end up affecting the fishery.

TJ....I stocked some Hybrid Crappie from Overton's. Although I am a bass fisherman, I am more interested in quantity of fish for guests than a trophy bass lake. I am not that crazy about Bluegill, but I know they are vital for the bass, so I've got plenty of them. I think crappie are one of the prettiest fish.

This is from Overton's website:

"The Hybrid Crappie (Black/White Cross) are finally available as an option for stocking crappie in smaller lakes and ponds. Traditionally crappie have not been recommended for stocking in less than 10-15 surface acres due to their potential to overpopulate. The spawning potential of hybrid crappie is greatly reduced compared to that of the white and black crappie so they are a better option for small waters"

I stocked based on that advice from another source, too - but there is such scant research on HBCP reproduction I don't feel comfortable advising anyone to stock them, yet. Obviously stocking them into a LMB fishery carries far less risk than my HSB/SMB fishery - but still I don't think there's enough experience with these hybrids to reliably predict their impact on a fishery. Zep I think we might be the only two forum members with HBCP fisheries...we need to share all info we can.
Posted By: Zep Re: The March/April issue is in the house! - 03/16/13 02:26 AM
TJ.....Although the "Crappie in Ponds" article is on the cover of the latest Pond Boss magazine...we may be veering with too much thread drift. Maybe we can start another thread later. You may find this interesting:

Hybrid Crappie Info

The guide was with it, and done nicely!
You're right Zep, sorry for the hijack.
© Pond Boss Forum