Pond Boss
Posted By: Captain1 What happened to the Texas rain today? - 02/21/13 09:18 PM
Based on the television weather forecasters you would have thought that Texas was in for a monsoon. High winds, hail, dangerous conditions, heavy rainfall, etc. That all netted out to a sum total 2 tenths of an inch of rain for our ponds in East Texas. A far cry from the 1-2" forecasted!
Tell me about it...our 12" blizzard hosted by the Weather Channel might yield 4" today. Called school off and everything. Oh well, less snow for me to move later.
Posted By: otto Re: What happened to the Texas rain today? - 02/21/13 10:47 PM
Same for the north central area of Texas lots of wind not much rain
Otto
I got 6/10 in D/FW. Will be headed North this weekend. However, at around 8 ft low, I'm not expecting a whole lot.
Texas does everything bigger, including lies from meteorologist smile
I don't think the TV weather guys are the biggest culprits. I really think it is the Station Managers that market and over market the weather forecasts.

This time it was to be 1 to 2 inches and possible floods.
Posted By: Zep Re: What happened to the Texas rain today? - 02/22/13 02:07 PM
my pond is full
Posted By: esshup Re: What happened to the Texas rain today? - 02/22/13 02:59 PM
We only got at the most 2" of snow out of the storm. They're calling for freexing rain and drizzle until mid-morning tomorrow with highs in the mid 30's. This year is shaping up to be a very dry one here again.
I think we got about an inch over here Scott. School was called off due to some freezing drizzle.

Don't be too hard on the meteorologists guys. Some of these storms are pretty complex and even with computer models they're hard to forecast. I do believe there is the hype factor in th media though.
© Pond Boss Forum