Pond Boss
Posted By: Sherrie- King Fisher crankbait tuning tip - 01/29/13 10:18 PM
whats the most common or best producing cranks you guys are running on Richmond?
Thanks for the tip.
Posted By: Baitntackle Re: King Fisher crankbait tuning tip - 01/30/13 04:07 AM
The best cranks for the bluegill are SR5 shad raps and Lucky Craft Clutch DR crankbaits. The Bass really love the Luckycraft SKT MR's. Hope this helps! Robbie
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: King Fisher crankbait tuning tip - 01/30/13 04:15 AM
Robbie is THE guide at Richmond Mill. Pay attention to what he says. Today, we caught 40 fish at Richmond Mill Lake, King Fisher Society. 43 degree water, 72 degrees as we fished. Robbie knows the lake, he knows how to catch fish.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: King Fisher crankbait tuning tip - 01/30/13 04:19 AM
I've fished with Robbie, and he is unquestionably one of the best bass fishermen I've been around.

Bluegill also like the Strike King mini.
I throw those SK MINI's constantly at my house.. It seems the lighter on color I go the less I get for bites..
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: King Fisher crankbait tuning tip - 01/30/13 04:26 AM
My favorite Strike King Mini is the largemouth bass pattern, and I also love the brightly colored bluegill pattern. For some reason that particular hook has a great hookset percentage. Richmond Mill bluegill go boinkers over it.
Posted By: george1 Re: King Fisher crankbait tuning tip - 01/30/13 11:10 AM
Anybody ever fly fish Richmond Mill ?
Seems like that would take the experience to a whole new level.
Bass fishing is boring to me w/o a challenge.
Bluegill on a crank bait?.. confused
Have fun,
G/
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: King Fisher crankbait tuning tip - 01/30/13 02:04 PM
Yes, George, they do. Fly fishing there is a blast in April-June.
You've got a shot at 5-7 lb bass, bluegills from 3/4 to 2+ lbs, black crappie, redbreast sunfish up to 10 inches, fliers up to 3/4 lb and roaches up to 10 inches. On most days in the spring, you'll catch chain pickerel from 10-20 inches, too.
Yesterday, in 43 degree water, we caught 40 fish. 6 bass from 4-7 lbs, 2 crappie, a redbreast, and 31 really nice bluegills. Smallest was 9 inches, 3/4 lb, most were 1.5-1.75 and one was 2.25. We caught them on jigs, fish suspended in 5-7 feet of water.

Oh, those giant bluegill love to hit a little crankbait, too. I've caught quite a few when sampling to get some hook and line lengths and weights.
Posted By: george1 Re: King Fisher crankbait tuning tip - 01/30/13 03:02 PM
Bob, glad to hear about fly fishing attraction - fly fishing is the fastest growing segment of fishing industry is what I am hearing.
Richmond Mill should be an upscale destnation for fly fishermen.
Good luck on your program.
George
© Pond Boss Forum