Pond Boss
Posted By: fishfrank When and How to Stop Feeding? - 09/11/12 07:24 PM
This is my first year of feeding CC and HBG in my 1/4 acre pond in East Tx. How do you go about shutting down your feeding for the year? Do you taper off and then stop when it gets a certain temp? We don't have typical winters here. The old addage about Texas weather is true: If you dont like the weather just wait a couple of days. Also I have a very healthy population of FHM. Any advise is appreciated.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: When and How to Stop Feeding? - 09/11/12 07:44 PM
I'd stop feeding when they stop eating.. But I'm not too sure about southern states..
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: When and How to Stop Feeding? - 09/11/12 08:05 PM
I do the same. I feed when they will eat it.
Posted By: Tums Re: When and How to Stop Feeding? - 09/11/12 09:04 PM
Let the fish tell you. As they get less active and eat less cut back the feed. If they stop you stop until the weather warms back up. I have had to stop then start again & stop again feeding fish here in Alabama with long warm weather spells. South Alambama is where Xmas may be anywhere from 8 to 80 degrees.
Posted By: fishfrank Re: When and How to Stop Feeding? - 09/11/12 10:41 PM
I guess thats what i was getting at with the warm spells.
Posted By: jludwig Re: When and How to Stop Feeding? - 09/12/12 12:40 AM
Water temperature doesn't move as much as air temperature.
Posted By: ewest Re: When and How to Stop Feeding? - 09/12/12 01:57 AM
Slow feeding as they slow eating. Stop will be around 50-55F water temps. They will eat some on warm sunny winter days.
© Pond Boss Forum