Pond Boss
Posted By: KBSWA Pond Spawning/ Fishing ...KY ponds - 02/16/12 06:55 PM
Hello,

Doing some fishing in mid/late April in some ponds in KY. They vary in size from 1-10 acres
Some are deeper as well, 30 ft or so.
They have LM, Crappie, BG, etc…
Was curious on what to expect that time of year in terms of spawning and/or fishing.
Will the spawn likely be over for both the Bass/ and Crappie? How about the post-spawn fishing in ponds?

Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Pond Spawning/ Fishing ...KY ponds - 02/17/12 09:15 AM
Each year is slightly different, but I can almost guarantee you that the crappies will have already spawned and the bass will be in the process of spawning for that part of the country.
Posted By: KBSWA Re: Pond Spawning/ Fishing ...KY ponds - 02/17/12 05:26 PM
Yeah, with the mild winter I am assuming both will have already spawned, Crappie for sure. The bigger lakes in KY they say early April for Crappie so the ponds will be weeks sooner I'd imagine.
Any tipes for post-spawn pond fishing? Does it make much difference in a pond in terms of the fishing?

Thanks
The bass are spawning in Hawaii, just in case you're in the neighborhood...... wink
Posted By: Bing Re: Pond Spawning/ Fishing ...KY ponds - 02/18/12 08:04 PM
I know Oahu has LMB, do many of the others? Does Maui?
Kauai is the only other island that has freshwater fishing, and they have LOTS of it. LMB, SMB, peacock bass, etc. One of the cooler areas, Kokee, even sports trout year round if you can believe that!
Posted By: KBSWA Re: Pond Spawning/ Fishing ...KY ponds - 02/18/12 09:52 PM
I,d be spawning too if I was in Hawaii
© Pond Boss Forum