Pond Boss
I've hardly posted at all this year and barely had time to even check in - work has been both great and terrible (for my fishing) but, I wanted to check in and say that I hope everyone has a great holiday season!

My news in brief:
- my pond recovered! Full pool now and didn't lose a fish that we know of! It was very worriesome when it went down to the lowest level we can imagine short of bone-dry!

- we spent money that we didn't have getting some work done clearing all the trees off the dam and fixing a minor leak around the drain pipe. Damn if the local and state authorities didn't take exception to it and we'll likely pay a fine to the Ga EPD for "excessive earth-moving" just for digging out enough clay to fix our problems and for getting the excavator stuck in the soft ground and having to get another piece of earth-moving equipment in to rescue it.

- in the very little time my buddies (not me) have had time to fish, the report is all different class-years of bass survived. We still don't know how the bluegill held up since nobody has been fishing for them. My last short fishing trip there, I landed a 16" crappie so, we know we've got at least 2 species. A handful of minnows have been spotted.

- the buzzards - yes BUZZARDS! have decided to stop over and we can't do anything about them because there's no shooting allowed there (we're in the middle of a residential subdivision) and we're not around enough to discourage them. There is buzzard poop all over EVERYTHING! It's disgusting!

So, have a merry, merry, merry and I'll catch up with y'all when I can.
Al, that's terrible (EPD and buzzards). That's good news that work is keeping you busy. Check in when you can.
Merry Christmas Al.
Excessive earth-moving? Please. Just what we need, more gummint.
© Pond Boss Forum