Pond Boss
Pond Boss V is set!

Save the date! October 11-13, 2012, Big Cedar Lodge!
I'm passing the word.
Bags packed
"Bags packed"

????

Better throw some moth balls in that bag and check the expiration date on your deodorant.
I assume the Buzzard Bar will be on the agenda though not specifically listed on the schedule.
"I assume the Buzzard Bar will be on the agenda.."

Yeah, but only until like 10:30PM each night as that's when the close.
Maybe it'll be warm enough for the skunks? They didn't show in April.
Great news!! We have slotted the dates on the calendar. I was impressed with the one we attended this past spring. Bob, if you are looking for suggested session topics I think one on pond fertilization would be excellent. Thanks.

Bryan
Hey, Bob! Can we have the same booth as last year? We can't wait to go again and meet new people and see the friends we already met, again! I went to Joplin for the tornado clean-up several months ago and had a chance to go back to Branson. I found tons of places we didn't even know was there when we were at the convention. I'm hoping to talk the crew into going for a week!!!!
Lynda and I are ready to assist in any way we can. Just let us know how we can help to make it even more successful -- and we'll do our part.
ok guys - what do you want to hear about , a theme for the conf. ? What about extracurricular events - what sounds good? How do we get more people interested ? What about PB V tee shirts ? How about some good ideas.
I'm in.
I'll be there if I can walk. Heck I'll even be there if I can't walk.
SUre hope I can make it...
Wouldn't miss it for anything.
I am going to try to make it. I do not know if it will work out or not.
Thats Missori?
Yes, Missouri.
Can't wait!! It will be beautiful in October!!
Right in between the bow opener and the musky trip.....home in time for the rut. Sounds great!
I do believe I will make hotel accomodations. Do we need to RSVP to you Mr. Lusk?Does everyone wear name tags with their PB screen name?

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone,and putting a face with the names!
Any nice camp grounds in the area, with hook up's? Hotels are nice and all, but camping is much more fun!

I can save a week of vacation. Should be fun!
JKB, there probably are, but I don't know any specifics.

If you call Big Cedar Lodge, I'm sure they can direct you.
Table Rock State Park looks like a two week vacation to me!

Table Rock State Park

I'll have to call, but it looks to be only 26 bucks per night with full hook up's.

Glad there is some time to really check things out.

Only 4 miles from Big Cedar (according to the internet info.)

Anyone want to go camping?

I am looking forward to a real vacation!
Estate management services is looking forward to coming back as an exhibitor this year.
Originally Posted By: JKB
Anyone want to go camping?

I am looking forward to a real vacation!

I was happy that we were in cabins last year when the bad storms rolled thru with tornado warnings/watches....
Any chance of setting up a conference in the future in July or August? These spring/fall conferences are tough to work in with everything else that is going on. I know its all about making choices but really hard not going to Saskatchewan and getting in on thousand of snow geese.
I am out for the moment.
One of our customers dropped the ball and failed to get me into a training program that starts in a couple days. The next time this program is offered is October. 3 week deal. I do not know if it will actually happen then or the following April/May.
I'm in!
Great news - me too !
Lynda and I are planning to be there.
My wife and I will be in attendance. Our first conference, looking forward to shaking hands with as many as possible.
I shall be there.
Leaving the Wom at home, I think.
Sunil, are you manning the Buzzard booth, then?
I tried to create my own "Buzzard Booth" by hand-carrying a 12-pack onto the show floor, and then proceeding to ice them down along side the Big Cedar-Provided ice trays holding sodas.

We got so far as me forcing a beer on Blaine and Blair (both tried to resist); then, Blair started throwing balled up paper, wet with Canadian spit, at TJ. Blaine then tried to top it by throwing a lemon wedge, wet with beer, at TJ.

I was then informed that it wasn't cool to ice down our beers....some BS about liquor licenses and stuff.
Want me to drive down with some dry ice in a cooler for ya? grin
Rethinking about attending the conference. What is everyone doing for lodging?
Originally Posted By: Sunil
I tried to create my own "Buzzard Booth" by hand-carrying a 12-pack onto the show floor, and then proceeding to ice them down along side the Big Cedar-Provided ice trays holding sodas.

We got so far as me forcing a beer on Blaine and Blair (both tried to resist); then, Blair started throwing balled up paper, wet with Canadian spit, at TJ. Blaine then tried to top it by throwing a lemon wedge, wet with beer, at TJ.

I was then informed that it wasn't cool to ice down our beers....some BS about liquor licenses and stuff.

Didn't I have some involvement in the lemon wedge incident?
You might have, but I thought you were more instrumental in the shrimp cocktail debacle.
lassig, I haven't booked a room yet, but will be staying at Big Cedar.
Connie and I haven't booked yet but we will be at Big Cedar.
Big Cedar for me as well. The location within Big Cedar is classified information for obvious reasons. grin
We missed last year, but hoping the wife and me can make it. She's actually encouraging it!
I was thinking about Big Cedar myself, makes it easy. Have to wait a little bit and see how things go. I will just be getting back from a waterfowl hunt in Sask. the weekend before, and work isn't always in favor of taking off again right away.
Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello

Didn't I have some involvement in the lemon wedge incident?

Pretty sure it was your throw that left that permanent lemon wedge imprint in TJ's neck.
Well, we weren't keeping score!
Will have to pick someone else to toss said wedges towards this year. Have fun guys, will miss the good times!
WHAT!!!!???? You couldn't have had a better offer!
Sorry you won't be there, TJ, but fear not. We'll find someone else to pelt with rancid fruit.
I didn't mean to intimate I wasn't attending [still not sure on that] rather that you'll have to pick someone else who is trying to respectfully listen to a speaker to use as target practice. Besides, Banks is planning to hijack a Keystone Light delivery truck and we're gonna convoy to Branson. Can't miss that...felony + cheap beer = good times at Big Cedar.
That's good news. Hope you make it.

Banks, however, is full of hollow threats. He said he had some kind of work to do, finish some shock boats or something like that, on a deadline, and therefore couldn't attend.

I proposed several 'solutions' to him on how to attend and still get the work done, on time. As you know, he failed to attend.

I did some post research and determined that had I been billable working for a top end consulting firm, my advice would have cost Banks exactly $3.32 USD.
Banks has no excuse, he lives 2 hours away. If necessary, I'll plow the beer truck into his front yard and have Condello shock-boat him into a unconscious stupor and toss him into the cooler. He'll likely fully recover by the time we arrive in Branson...provided he can survive the chilly conditions. I'll be sure to hijack a truck sporting a better brand of beer, too - which is another upgrade on the Hudson plan. Any requests? I'm a New Belgium fan, myself.
I'm strong with that.
If it accidentally kills him, then Cecil should be able to do some quick taxidermy work to make it look like he's alive.
Oh, we're calling those "accidents" now?

What pose will Cecil choose - and what props will he need? Banks tipping back a Keystone Light sitting on a 5 G bucket? That would be lifelike...I can provide both props, too.
I think that Cecil could do some other "background" work...like little T-Rex's skittering around his feet. Yeah, definitely love the idea of him sitting on a five-gallon bucket.
How about him sitting on the bucket on top of the car - a la Family Vacation !
Originally Posted By: ewest
How about him sitting on the bucket on top of the car - a la Family Vacation !

OH, that's PERFECT! I'll call and tell him.
"Weekend at Banksie's?"
I'm glad I'm almost as old as DD! There is nothing better than a good night's sleep -- starting at an early hour!
I agree about the sleep, although I seem to do fine on 6 hr., with occasional nights of 4. I'll sleep during the winter when things are slow. wink
Me and the Mrs. just registered. This will be my first PB conference and looking forward to meeting some of the folks that provide so much information and humor on this site.
Excellent. My wife and have attended all of them. I've never heard of anyone not truly enjoying the whole experience. Lusk and crew really know how to do a great job, and the facilities are incredible.
I booked my room ~ same as the last two conferences... stumbling distance from the buzzard loung.
Good to hear it. Planning is well underway. Like a giant family reunion but even better.
Originally Posted By: Sue Cruz
I booked my room ~ same as the last two conferences... stumbling distance from the buzzard loung.

Stumbling is right...Vertex extrordinaire by day - rabble-rousing, riot-inciting, sturgeon wrasslin', sidekick havin', potty-mouthed, go for broke, kamakazie hot mess by night!

Whew!

DISCLAIMER: For those of you unaware - Sue is a consumate professional and gallactic asset to the Vertex organization - I'm again childishly jesting. Not sure what stumbling she's talking about, and I've never seen her at Buzzard Lounge before, either.
Touche~ TJ!
Sue - I have a spare sombrero looking for someone up to filling appropriately. Any interest?
I would wear it with pride!
Arriba!
Wish I could... darned jobs.
I got my room booked. Back at the Valley View lodge.

I haven't been able to find a before lunch flight out of Branson yet though.
Sunil

Fly into MCI early, me bruce and josh will pick you up and we can hang with banks for night, then drive down. He has plenty of room for us, and a sweet SMB/RES pond too. Bar in Polo is a blast...I almost get my butt kicked every time I'm in there...not sure why. Perhaps it's the sombrero? Ole!
What is MCI?
KC International airport
OK, I'll Bite. What is the Buzzard booth?
The Buzzard Bar/Lounge is one of the bars on the grounds.

The Buzzard booth may be myself or Young Blood smuggling beers onto the show floor.
Is it legal to bring 12 packs onto the show floor or it is considered boot-legging? If it is legal, then I've come to the right place!
Well, 'legal' is up to interpretation.

I may have gone overboard when I used the resort's ice bins to cool the beers.
Well, 'legal' is up to interpretation.

I may have gone overboard when I used the resort's ice bins to cool the beers.

And remember that "up to interpretation" means you just have to ask the right attorney! grin
I am officially registered. Been busy the past 2.5 years launching another business venture. We developed a new electrofishing control box while maintianing a rapidly growing pond management business. What a whirlwind!! Life is good.

Sunil, your recent math has suggested that your consultation to me was valued at $3 and some change, so why did you actually charge me $17,576.83. No need to mail my refund, just bring it to the conference. I will use the funds to buy rounds and to post TJ's bail. In the spirit of the movie, The Hangover, I have convinced Dr. Bruce to pull his tooth out during the social event.

I think TJ and Bruce are heading down a day early and swinging by my shop for an outing which will likely involve the ATF. Sunil, you'll fit in just perfectly (i saw a video of your camp out a few months ago) should you choose to fly directly to KC International and hitch a ride with the Nebraska boys. Speaking of which, What's the difference between a Cornhusker fan and carp? One is a bottom-feeding nuisance and the other is a fish. Ba Da Bing! Go Tigers!

It will be good to catch up with everyone. I think Bob has me slated to give a talk. We will also have a booth.

ALSO, I am very pleased to announce that Jeff Slipke has recently joined our team, and Jeff will also be giving a presentation. We are excited to have Jeff on board. His presence will help push our pond & fisheries management, fisheries research, and product/equipment development to an even higher level. See you in 2.5 months.
Sounds like a great expansion on the team, Shawn!
Shawn, perhaps there may have been an accounting error in my invoice to you, and while we're very pleased that you paid the invoice, "we have no recollection of that, Senator."
I will do Information Technology Consulting for half of what Sunil charges per hour. It isn't that my consult is less valuable. It is that I multi-thread while Sunil thinks linearly and can only handle one thing at a time, step by step.....
So you're double billing your clients??
Official Warning:

Bruce Josh and I just booked a 3 BR cabin on the fringe of the Big Cedar Campus about a half mile walk, or so they told me, across the highway on Freunde Drive:

http://www.rentbransoncabins.com/

Accommodations just weren't available our size at Big Cedar, plus we spent about half the $ going off campus, which paid our conference dues.

There are cabins available right next to us, and it would be cool to have some other PB folks in the "compound" to bolster our force for the nightly skunk raids we'll execute on the rich snobs down by the lake. Be forewarned...it's not a question of IF we're coming, just WHEN...like, when you least expect it!
A shiver just went down my spine.
Nice catch Shawn.

TJ I am sure we will be waiting - for the skunks and you guys to get there.
Not trying to change the subject, but my wife was curious as to the appropriate attire during the conference. Particularly during Friday evening's banquet.... Is it casual or formal? Jacket and tie? Pajamas with little fishies on them? No worries, as I have both.

My wife on the other hand, doesn't have fish jammies....What should she wear?
Tony

You're new this year, so PB functions are always black tie affairs for rookies. A conservative cocktail dress or pantsuit would be appropriate for your wife.

Once you "earn your stripes", attire restrictions are off the board. We even have one weirdo who wears a sombrero...little flamboyant IMO, but whatever. He's dangerous to confront...he always pockets a skunk and is ready to roll.

PS: Wear whatever is comfortable, there is no dress code or expectations other than you enjoy yourself immensely.

TJ

Thanks TJ!
If we are lucky the 'pink sombrero' will show up this year.
SP - see this link for pics from last time. You can see the non-dressed-up attendees and spouses.

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=254817#Post254817 - IV

and the prior ones

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=183880#Post183880 - III

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=124648#Post124648 - II

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=92619#Post92619 - I

Thanks ewest...from looking at the photos, I believe the wife and I can come up with something to wear... smile
The wife and I are booked in for another Pond Boss conference adventure!!!

We are driving this time.
What's your price of diesel compared to gas?
On-Road diesel in Northern Indiana is running $4.099 (filled up tonight). US dollars and US gallon.
Do you have to stay at big cedar to come to conference? I only live a few hours away. If not how much does it cost to get in?
Originally Posted By: Jwwann
Do you have to stay at big cedar to come to conference? I only live a few hours away. If not how much does it cost to get in?

My wife and I aren't staying at Big Cedar, rather we elected to stay in Branson and commute.....hoping to have time to take in a show or two.
Definitely do not have to stay at Big Cedar.
Do you pay to get in?
All the information is in the Pond Boss Magazine. If you don't get the magazine (but you really should, there's tons more informatino in it on all things ponds) go to this page and open the registration link.
I get the mag. I will flip to the ad after work.
Dang I work weekends and would have to trade white bass trip to Oklahoma to have enough vacation. That's a tough one. Maybee pond boss 6.
I'd still consider coming to 5 Jwwann. Your pond and fish will thank you.
White Bass in Oklahome vs the Pond Boss Conference that only comes once every 18 months. I'd put my money on the conference. You wown't regret it!
I've been on many a white bass fishing trip, and the conference is better by far!
That spring white bass trip is fish on every hook if you hit it right. Might have to consider some sick time for conference. I think I feel a little flu coming on.
I can remember cleaning 100's of White Bass during our trips. Rope stringers so heavy that I couldn't lift them (as a kid). As I got older I realized that cleaning fish wasn't as fun.....

There were days where you almost could walk across the river from boat to boat. Wolf River, Fremont, Wi.

The conference is well worth going to.
You can fish Table Rock to get your fishing jonesing taken care of.

Happy Birthday, Jwwann!
I go to horseshoe bend on Lake Tenkiller. It's a family thing. I'll try to atleast make it on Thursday and Friday. Have to get up to head to work Saturday morning at 3:30 unless these flu like systems I feel coming on don't go away.
It is official; I have signed up for the conference. See you guys there!!!

Dustin
Good news Dustin - is this your first conference? Be sure to bring your tuxedo if so...

Look for me at the ice breaker on the first night. I'll be the one wearing a shirt with beer in hand.
This will be my first. My wife is going to join, and i am hopeful i can find a beer too!

Dustin
I am not sure if I can make it.

Who are the speakers? What are the topics?
Todd - simply unacceptable - your free pass was used last year.
I'm IN! See you in MO. Sorry I've been away from the forum so long.
Just booked the conference and fishing tourney...see you guys there!!
Good job Rex! Make sure you remember which weekend it is this time.
Coming up quick now!!!
Ive been planning on comin since it was announced, but finally made travel plans and booked hotel today. Gonna get registered up tomorra.

I will be workin near Branson wednesday morning installing some aeration, but then headin over Big Cedar way wednesday late afternoon/evening. Who's gonna be around, who needs picked up from the airport and watcha gonna be up to?
Can't wait to see you, Nater.

How many first timers are loaded? Please, shout out so we can look for you at the ice breaker Thursday evening so we can make some introductions. Hopefully we get to you early and prevent a descent into the rabble rousing contingent of the Pond Boss family. They appear safe enough at first glance, but that's exactly why they're so dangerous! One minute you're shaking their hand and talking about aeration, next thing you know you're knee deep in the lake at 3 AM Sturgeon Wrasslin or doing Yeti mating calls on the top of the Buzzard Lounge. You have been warned!
I think we'll be hitting Branson around 9-10 p.m. Wed night. Driving down.
My wife and I should arrive Thur. afternoon. We're staying in Branson in what will probably turn out to be a futile attempt to kill two birds with one stone. Looking forward to my first PB conference and meeting everyone I can.

Has there been a schedule of events/topics released? I feel like I saw one somewhere, but not sure if it was on the forum or in the magazine?
I get in around 2PM on Thursday. My wife is threatening to come, and she feels that I'm not encouraging her. I've told her she can come.
We will arrive late Wed. (5 ish)
I'll be rolling in Thursday afternoon/evening.
We expect to roll in mid- to late-afternoon Wednesday.
Connie and I are driving in from Illinois on Wednesday. We are staying at Big Cedar until Sunday. Then we are moving to the Hilton on Branson Landing. Some of our friends from Nashville are performing during our visit. We see Nadine from Larry's Country Diner as well as Joey and Rory on Sunday. They are at the Starlite Theater. Then on Tuesday night we see Teea Goans, a young singer who is making a name for herself in traditional country music. She is appearing with Larry Gatlin and the Gatlin Brothers Band at the Mansion Theater. We are driving back to Illinois on Wednesday the 17th.
When you say younger singer making a name for herself, you mean like 50-60 yrs old right.....
^^^tee hee hee^^^.... JK Bing grin
Nate, I've got bourbon older than you are. Actually Teea is 25. about 1/3 the age of anyone else I know in Nashville.
The hubris of the young!
Just for you Nate.

She's adorable!
Originally Posted By: hang_loose

Hang, It isn't tee hee hee, it's T e e a!
Hey all, we need many more people for this fishing tourney on Thursday.
The hubris of the young!

Dude -- you ain't gittn' any younger. You are close to joining the esteemed ranks of Bing, Dave D., me, and a few others!

Those gray hairs in your sideburns aren't from gunpowder!

cry grin
Hangin out at Big Cedar for a few days is just gonna be too fun!
Fred, you need to start banking up on those afternoon naps these next couple weeks.....
Youth really is wasted on the young isn't it!
....like 50's-60's young??
I am showing up around cocktail hour on Thursday (like Sunil said, around 2:00).
We'll be there playing around Branson by Wednesday afternoon! This will be Todd's, ("Stubby Steve, JR") first time to the conference. We're so excitied to see everyone! Ya'll travel safe and be ready for a fun time!
Stacy: Be sure to check out Branson Landing and Dick's 5 and Dime.

The Bass Pro Shop on the Landing is neat. The acquarium is cold water, lots of Rainbow trout.
Originally Posted By: Bing
Originally Posted By: hang_loose

Hang, It isn't tee hee hee, it's T e e a!

So thats how you speeeel it wink.
When I said 'hubris of the young,' I was talking about n8ly!

Kid has accomplished so much before the age of 30, that it's gone to his head, just a tad! (actually, he's still a very grounded and humble person).
When I said 'hubris of the young,' I was talking about n8ly!

Kid has accomplished so much before the age of 30, that it's gone to his head, just a tad! (actually, he's still a very grounded and humble person).

He seems to have a problem respecting his elders!
Yeah! He's probably holy rolling at church right now, so it's as good a time as any to flame him!
Nate must have gone to the second service. He has been quiet all day.
That boy is pretty smart. I think he may be respecting his elders!

I wouldn't worry. If you guys were doing this to me, I'd lay low too.

I'm confident he'll be at the conference with his usual big smile and infectious happy attitude.
SUnil, IM in the fishing tourney now so watch out. This time of year might take more than just a 1-2 bass to win. Gettign there super late wednesday night. Be ready for the pro series TH though.
Someone may have previously mentioned this previously.

There will be quite a few geezers (myself included) milling around at the conference. It may be helpful if credentials included both names and Forum handles.

Certain others (teehjaeh57 comes to mind) that develop geezer like memory patterns as the evenings progress may also find dual credentialing helpful.

Note to self: Dwight is Dwight
Remember -- I'm not Randy (rmedgar), and Randy ain't me (Catmandoo). We are friends. We are similar in many ways, but we aren't twins, brothers, or even related except for our friendship through Pond Boss. Somehow people regularly confuse us for each other. So, if you get the blank stare when you start talking to Randy, remember, it could be me!

(Randy -- you wanna swap name tags when we get there? That will really get people confused!)

In any case, I fully agree with Dwight. I'd like to see our Pond Boss names in big letters, with our real names at a readable size (for those with bifocals or binoculars) printed below that.
church, then kids carnival, then volleyball, then fall asleep in chair (while Brook got the kids to bed), then work today. now home and deeply sorry for the negative thoughts and potential self-esteem issues I have caused my elders here on the forum. I really am sorry for how old you guys are and for making fun of something totally outside of your control...I can only imagine how wise and full of experience and knowlege yall must be and will simply wait my turn in this line headed up, over, and then eventually down the hill....

Now I will google Hubris to see what it means, fall asleep in the middle of working on something probably important and get up in the AM to do it all again.
"...I can only imagine how wise and full of experience and knowlege..."

Well, full of something, that's for sure!
Well, full of something, that's for sure!

Not anymore, I just came from "the reading room". grin
Esshup: I think Sunil just threw up in his mouth a little.
ONE WEEK TO GO!
I'm excited. Have not heard if there will be a silent auction. I am bringing a couple of things just in case.
Can't wait!! There are one or two spots still open for the fishing tournament ~ call the PB HQ and sign up!!
Bing, I'm quite sure there will be a silent auction.
There is a silent auction, but I have no details.
The SDSU group (students and Prof )will be running the silent auction. There will be some nice items and a special aspect as well. More later.
Hubris ( /ˈhjuːbrɪs/), also hybris, from ancient Greek ὕβρις, means extreme pride or arrogance. Hubris often indicates a loss of contact with reality and an overestimation of one's own competence or capabilities.....In ancient Greek, hubris referred to actions that shamed and humiliated the victim for the pleasure or gratification of the abuser...

So I finally got around to looking that up...I guess it will be some time before I truly understand gerontology...
We knew what it meant, but thanks for posting it, you big Freak!
The young have their own version of reality and the more seasoned among us define reality.

Sunil, being at an awkward age slips in and out of reality.
Thanks, Fred, for caring and bringing the auction items. Several of the students coming to PB V have been helped by the Jesse West Fisheries Research Endowment.

I donated $40 for about 5 slices of that great pastrami...it was dang good, but was hoping for a better deal this year.
"Sunil, being at an awkward age slips in and out of reality."

Naturally, I take this as a compliment.
Originally Posted By: catmandoo
Remember -- I'm not Randy (rmedgar), and Randy ain't me (Catmandoo). We are friends. We are similar in many ways, but we aren't twins, brothers, or even related except for our friendship through Pond Boss. Somehow people regularly confuse us for each other. So, if you get the blank stare when you start talking to Randy, remember, it could be me!

(Randy -- you wanna swap name tags when we get there? That will really get people confused!)

Oh snap!!! tag swap, again?!?!?!?
I'll be arriving Wednesday afternoon and do some prep along with delivering an aeration system Sue shipped to me...Cathy will be arriving late that evening.

Isn't there some postal reg that says if you are shipped an unsolicited item, it is yours?? wink
Bluegillerkiller -- Are you going to be there? We live 20 miles apart and have never met. It would be great to see there.
Four nights and a wake-up now!
What color cumberbunds and bowties are us guys supposed to wear for the ice breaker and the banquet? I would prefer to just wear one pair of bib overalls for the week, so I want to make sure I'm properly color coordinated.
catdawg, u n me r eerily similar in 2 many ways....the main dif though on the fashin issue would be that my care factor is 0 for color coordination. My main concern for attending an event would be if shoes are required.....
I"m still trying to decide if I should wear my good shirt.

Heck yes!!
Rainman, We are getting there on Wednesday as well. See you there.
Originally Posted By: catmandoo
What color cumberbunds and bowties are us guys supposed to wear for the ice breaker and the banquet? I would prefer to just wear one pair of bib overalls for the week, so I want to make sure I'm properly color coordinated.

I'm wearing a three piece suit each day and evening: jeans, t-shirt, shoes.
The Queen and I will soon depart for the hinterlands of the Show-Me state.
Yes, there is a silent auction and I might remind all that 100% of the proceeds go to the Jesse West Endowment for fisheries research at SDSU. The SDSU students at the conference will manage the auction. I don't know what all has been donated, but I do know there are some cool things. Texas Hunter is donating a feeder. Bruce and Anne Kania are donating a blast and cast at their research farm in Montana. I've been there...more pheasants per unit of land than anywhere in the nation, and they're all wild birds. It's their management style. Fish Fry Lake is yielding some very nice yellow perch and hanging out with the Kania's is a refreshing experience itself.
If anyone has items to donate, it's not too late. Call the office and talk to Sherrie. Stuff can be shipped to Big Cedar.
Also, if you aren't coming to the conference and wish to bid at the silent auction, I expect we can text photos and take bids over the phone. If anyone is interested, say the word via pm and we'll hook it up.
For those of you headed to Missouri, see you there! We've got a great event planned for all!
Originally Posted By: Bob Lusk
The Queen and I will soon depart for the hinterlands of the Show-Me state.
For those of you headed to Missouri, see you there! We've got a great event planned for all!

Mr. Lusk. With all due respect you are departing Whitesboro Texas for Branson MO. Isn't that departing the hinterlands for the hinterlands? LOL

Connie and I are leaving for Big Cedar first thing Wednesday AM. We will see you there.
Bing,if only you would open up a can of worms over this direction......Im locked and loaded.....

For those wondering:

Hinterland means a rural area surrounding the urban catchment of large cities or agglomerations. It is characterized by a less dense population and infrastructure.

Hinterland was from German, where it means literally "the land behind" (a city, a port, or similar),[1] with the English cognate hind land.[2] In English, the term was first used in 1888 by George Chisholm in his work Handbook of Commercial Geography.[3] In German this word sometimes also describes the part of a country where there are only a few people and where the infrastructure is underdeveloped; although Provinz (equal to "province") is more common. The direct analogy in English is "backcountry" or "the countryside".
Originally Posted By: n8ly
Bing,if only you would open up a can of worms over this direction......Im locked and loaded.....

For those wondering:

Hinterland means a rural area surrounding the urban catchment of large cities or agglomerations. It is characterized by a less dense population and infrastructure.

Hinterland was from German, where it means literally "the land behind" (a city, a port, or similar),[1] with the English cognate hind land.[2] In English, the term was first used in 1888 by George Chisholm in his work Handbook of Commercial Geography.[3] In German this word sometimes also describes the part of a country where there are only a few people and where the infrastructure is underdeveloped; although Provinz (equal to "province") is more common. The direct analogy in English is "backcountry" or "the countryside".

Someone needs to take Nate's Google away from him. Else we will be in for a long winter.
The hubris of the young....
The tangled circular web we weave....
No worries, I wont be in front of puter much now before heading to Branson, but this winter I will not be building a house every waking moment so lookout....
Originally Posted By: n8ly

Yeeash! The perspicuity and perspicaciousness of this post has obnubilated my brain. Maybe it is just N8's sagacity! cry grin
You've just given n8ly about a week's worth of computer research to do, Ken.
You've just given n8ly about a week's worth of computer research to do, Ken.

Aw geeze! I hadn't thought about that aspect.

Hopefully, Justin, or some other family member, will drive while N8ly is Googling on his smartphone!

I reckon I can unequivocally state that every single Pond Boss member wants to see him and his phenomenal family get safely to-and-from the PB-V confabulation.
Hey guys. I have been more of a reader/lurker for quite some time now, but I finally joined the forum earlier this year. I still don't find enough time to post very much. Anyway, Wade B, as he goes by one the forum (the owner of our company), is not going to be able to make the conference, so he is sending me grin. I have met a couple of you before, but I look forward to meeting everyone else. Sounds like it will be a fun time.

Will see you there AU !
I know it would be more work for the Pond Boss staff, but I wonder if it would be possible to get a count of how many states, Canadian provinces/territories, and countries are represented at the conference. If the registrations are available, I'd be glad to do the tabulation.
My presentation is finished. I got some really neat and very interesting close-up pictures of things that live in and along your pond. It will be educational and intertaining. You won't want to miss it.
If I can get it straight, my video at the end of my power point is going to blow your socks off!!! DO NOT MISS THIS CONFERENCE!!!
AU wrote: "...but I finally joined the forum earlier this year."

Well, you really joined earlier last year, but time sure does fly when you get older!!!
If I can get it straight, my video at the end of my power point is going to blow your socks off!!! DO NOT MISS THIS CONFERENCE!!!

Who uses power point anymore wink

Any of this stuff gonna be available to the general population?

Maybe you can package all this info up on one of those industrial looking, but very cute, USB gizmos.
I certainly hope you use the correct video and not that one from \|//\/\ I have been cut off/\/\/\\
Never having attended a conference, I have no idea what to expect. I'm hoping to meet as many as I can, anything else that occurs whether pond or fish related, will just be a bonus.
Lots of great things happen at the PB Conferernces. One of the best things I think is you get to meet, talk to, rub elbows, and maybe have a drink with many of those members that are just known as names on this great pond forum. I think we are a pretty friendly bunch of pondmeisters when we get together at the conferences. All here should try to attend at least one Pond Boss conference.
I would love to go but I have a few other obligations being a college student for the time being. I will try to make an upcoming conference.
One of the oddest things about meeting PB members in person is actually hearing their voice after having read their posts.

It's a great time, and don't be shy. If you're screen name is different then your actual name, it adds a level of oddity. While there's nametags, you might have to be like "I'm SparkPlug, but call me Chuck!"
60 miles down 1500 to go!

What if I'm not wearing socks? grin
...then that means you've already seen my presentation!
laugh
Originally Posted By: blair5002
60 miles down 1500 to go!

Can't wait to see you again Blair!
Oh Canada....!!!!!
Safe travels all !!!
A fishing license is needed to participate in the tournament. Looking on-line, a one day permit is for a 24 hr period, so I can't buy one today is my understanding.

Where at Big Cedar are they available for purchase? I'll have my laptop with me, but no printer.....
Buy them at the marina. Come a little early and you can do it.
Thanks!

Providing we can find it. I remember the scramble that we had last year getting Greg to the marina by the start time. wink

IIRC Big Cedar doesn't have street signs..........
It is easy to get to the Marina. just keep walking downhill till your feet get wet.
Here is a link to see the list of anglers for the fishing tournament where I'll be updating the page with photos - it is also listed on the forum.

http://www.facebook.com/VertexWaterFeatures
I wish I could go! Someday, maybe in a few years when I'm retired. Have fun everyone and be safe.
Those who can't be there can join in on the Forum. We will be posting pics and comments on a PondCon V thread so keep tuned in.
After 1200 miles under our belt we are staying the night at Bruce's near Lincoln. It was poorly planned on my part as we only talked to him at 5:30 tonight. He BBQ up some massive sirloin steak. Took us on a boat ride around the pond and had a visit by the fire pit with both him and TJ. We were forced to stay the night and he made us feel at home.(better then home)
Pond boss family is top notch!!!
Thanks Bruce
Originally Posted By: blair5002
After 1200 miles under our belt we are staying the night at Bruce's near Lincoln. It was poorly planned on my part as we only talked to him at 5:30 tonight. He BBQ up some massive sirloin steak. Took us on a boat ride around the pond and had a visit by the fire pit with both him and TJ. We were forced to stay the night and he made us feel at home.(better then home)
Pond boss family is top notch!!!
Thanks Bruce

Sorry I missed you Blair. Went out last night with the wifey before taking off for the weekend since she's not making it this year. See you in about 30 hours!
Chuck and I are leaving North Texas in a couple of hours. We have to load a few last minute items from the office, and make a stop to pick up our favorite Aussie, Scotty, in Springdale, AR. We should arrive sometime around dinner time. I assume that Buzzards will be the place to congregate this evening?
Justin and I are heading out in just a few mins....he is jumping off the excavator building islands till the moment we leave... we are gettin in to a Doctors estate about one hour north of Branson bout 8 pm to go over an aeration project with him that we actually will install thursday afternoon after the pro breakfast and during the fishing tournament, hope to be back though for the weigh in and what not...

So anyhow its just about game time....see yall in a bit...
In the midst of the Pond Pro Series. Great speakers, overflow crowd. Expected 38...more than 50 showed up! Excellent start to Pond Boss V!
Fire alarm works in Falls Lodge.
Alarm just went off for the third time in twenty minutes. Getting to know Bill Cody in the hallway all to well.
© Pond Boss Forum