Pond Boss
Some of you know or remember me from my first pond and then my airation sys. Well its been 5 years and I KNOW what I dont want in a pond. Just had a Hayplon liner show up here at the farm it is currently 150x50 and has to be cut and hot wedge welded for the new pond. 4 years of drought and two farmers with deep well irrigation pushed me towards the liner. My old pond has not done well, but I have grown some MONSTER fish considering! New project questions to follow with pics of what I did wrong the first time around! I lurk often just havent had much worth posting but the new project has me jacked up!
Welcome back! As you know, we like pictures and projects!
Glad to hear from you Salt. Looking forward to the report.
Salt! We wondered where you'd been.

Welcome back!
The track loader showed up at 4pm by 1730 I realized Im not the guy to run my own machine! Dirts moveing, pics to follow, right now its a mess! BY the way loaders with AC are nice!
Oh yeah, it's an art form with the really good guys. I found out I do much better if I don't really think about what I'm doing, just think about what I need to do next. (and I'm NOT one of the really good guys!!!)

I know of a guy that can run as ASV and move/level/pack topsoil faster than most dozer guys that I know. He's damn good and FAST!
I am fortunate as my father as the ability to see if things are level with the naked and is talented in the dirt moving business. Currently we are cleaning out a bunch. Its one way to make money!
Back to work on the boat NEW POND IS DONE, I have some pics as soon as I upload them to photo bucket I will post. Do it yourself is pond building isnt that bad, I saved a ton of cash and so far things like and act just like they should but with all ponds time will tell.
Memt t say LOOK and act just like they should more pics to follow

After the liner was keywayed and installed, I built a 8ft wife 18in clay berm around the pond with and over flow/spillway(lined and rip rap) to my other pond. We moved a massive amount OF dirt 400 yards from the pond to our home and back yard and swaled all the ground to a drain tile that goes to the new pond. The water is transfered to the new pond from small catch basin to a pipe that is booted 12 in from top of berm. Thus far it looks like my math has worked out well and I have good flow to new pond, which has increased my water shed area by huge amounts. Now perhasp both ponds will stay full as GRAVITY WORKS! I only put small amount of sand in bottom of liner. I am going to wait and see as wash sand and dirt in with a fire hose later. If this pond fails.........my wife is going to kill me, as I took her horse barn. slash budget to build it, I also did it while she was out of town forgiveness is easy permission is hard!
My spelling isnt that bad just trying to do this on a smart phone...and Im stupid!
laugh It looks great!

Horses cost too much anyway. wink
So do 8ft wives!!
I have a hard enough time typeing with my pc let alone this darn new phone, MY 8ft wife is a 5ft tall little hell cat,when it comes to her lack of horses and me getting our second pond....
Yer butt is mud
© Pond Boss Forum