Pond Boss
Posted By: esshup Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/09/11 03:17 AM
Rex also known as Rainman. I checked the home voice mail and this afternoon he left a message saying that he was trying to get to my house but couldn't make it. I hope he remembers how to get there because I probably won't be there this week..........
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/09/11 11:21 AM
Had a voicemail from him yesterday morning that he was in northwest Ohio and wasn't going to be able to get to me, so I'm guessing he is either still in Ohio or headed westward. Hopefully he's hurrying home so he can FedEx my tilapia to me!
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/09/11 03:48 PM
I feel very uncomfortable knowing that Rex is loose in America.

Oh and BTW in this particular instance I am using the word "loose" in a geographic sense not a morality sense.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/09/11 04:33 PM
Loose either way will work smile

Rex if your coming through Greenville on 70 let me know I'll meeet you and buy lunch..

Good luck fish wonderer
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/10/11 02:00 AM
Rainman and truck with tilapia was at my place at noon on Sunday. Headed out for Columbus OH way.
Posted By: snide Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/10/11 02:08 AM
He left my place this afternoon around 3 PM, off to my father in laws pond, and he left there around 4 PM...He said his next stop was somewhere in Illinois... wink
Posted By: esshup Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/10/11 03:43 AM
I heard his truck is taking lessons from the Exxon Valdez.........
Posted By: Rainman Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/12/11 02:29 AM
The fish truck is getting it's new oil cooler installed and cooling system flushed in the morning and I'll be loading Blue Tilapia again this Sunday or Monday in Alabama destined back to northern Ohio and Indiana.
Posted By: esshup Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/12/11 04:45 AM
All rightie then! Glad that it wasn't anything more serious. I'll make sure the cage is in the water. 40# in the cage, a couple of pair in each of the tanks in front of the house and the rest free swimming in the pond. The FA hasn't shown up this year yet, so hopefully they can stay ahead of it. The water temp was 66 degrees today before the rain. The pond is overflowing now with the 1 1/4" of rain we got this evening.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/18/11 12:32 AM
Scott, I'll see if I can park on your island when I deliver...lol

The first oil cooler had been damaged in shipping (much like my truck) so the second got in yesterday. Then we spent a day fushing sludge and oil from the radiator and cooling system.

I'm heading south to Bama tonight with a new oil cooler and cooling system full of Dawn dish soap and water and will be in the Toldeo area early Thursday. Take Mr. Cody out for lunch or dinner and get to you either late Thursday night or friday afternoon.

Water temos are good.
Posted By: esshup Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/18/11 01:13 AM
Send me a pic of you parked on the island. I gotta see this!

Don't clean it out too much, it'll start springing leaks everywhere else. I'm guessing the sludge is acting as a stop leak. grin

Maybe you and the TH Feeder will arrive on the same day!
Posted By: Rainman Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/29/11 03:44 AM
Had a rare event happen in Nebraska yesterday while driving through the state. I stopped at the weigh station and went through with no issues like usual and about 10 miles later, I got pulled over.

I had seen the officers at the weigh station and was surprised they had chased me down...They were Nebraska game Wardens wanting my "Papers" like origin sources, bills of sale, health certifications, etc. I know you NEVER want to tell an officer the law, but when they said the were confiscating my truck and hauling my butt to jail after inspecting my cargo, I had little to lose at that. I "informed" the officers that I was not required to have any state permitting (I was not selling in NE) or health certificates (tilapia are immune to all APHIS tested disease and exempt of all requirements), plus, I don't generally write myself a bill of sale for fish I own and produce. I broke the second cardinal rule of showing the officer the appropriate sections of the wildlife code.

The Game Wardens were NOT happy, yet one pulled out his phone and called someone. After about an hour, my jaw dropped as much as the Game Warden's first did at my arrogance...The Game Warden apologized at having stopped and delayed me, said I was free to go and then thanked me for enlightening them on their laws. A true Ripley's Believe It Or Not moment for me...lol

I'll add that I had to show them this thread and a couple others along with my receipt book before they would believe I just "wandered" the nation delivering fish. I have a hard time believing some of the thins I do, places I go and fish I haul...why would they????
Posted By: esshup Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/29/11 03:48 AM
Amazing. I wonder what it'd be like if you tried to go into California? (Tilapia or not)
Posted By: Sunil Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/29/11 01:15 PM
Did you try to bite one of the game wardens?
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/29/11 05:09 PM

laugh
Posted By: roadwarriorsvt Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/29/11 06:41 PM
At least they were professional enough to aknowledge their lack of knowledge in this area and apoligized for delaying you. Hey, anytime you get stopped by law enforcement and don't leave with a "prize" is a good thing! grin
Posted By: CoachB Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/29/11 07:55 PM
What a story Rex. I cannot wait for you to write a book about the travels. It would be a best seller!
Posted By: Rainman Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/30/11 04:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Sunil

laugh laugh laugh No, and I was glad they didn't notice my cased, muskrat removal tool was within easy reach. That always adds another 20 minutes to any inspection while numbers are checked.
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/30/11 05:22 PM
Rex after all the fun things that happen to you I'm surprised everyone doesn't get into the fish haulin business. crazy grin
Posted By: JKB Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/30/11 06:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Rainman
Originally Posted By: Sunil

laugh laugh laugh No, and I was glad they didn't notice my cased, muskrat removal tool was within easy reach. That always adds another 20 minutes to any inspection while numbers are checked.

The first words out of your mouth, if you get pulled over up here and have a CCW Permit, better be to instruct the Officer on your current status, and be Truthful!. Then, the other Peace Officer, who has a great shot, will holster his weapon.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/30/11 08:25 PM
JKB...it was in a closed storage/transport case...clipped and ready to chamber, but no threat.
Posted By: JKB Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/30/11 09:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Rainman
...clipped and ready to chamber, but no threat.

If that is the case, "Honey, I am Home" would have taken on a whole new meaning in MI.

Without proper permits, being out of state, reciprocity laws and evaluations every three years, your "clipped" gun would have gotten you some time.

And Rex, You do not have the best of luck. So be careful with your fish and guns when treading into MI.

Posted By: Rainman Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/31/11 02:57 AM
JKB..It was neither "concealed" nor "carried" nor illegal in any state in a closed transport case.

Is there hunting or target shooting in Michigan? How do guns get transported by those not licensed for CCW? I'm legal. I also appreciate the advice.
Posted By: esshup Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/31/11 03:32 AM
Rex, in some states having a loaded clip in the gun is a no-no, even if it's in a locked container, even if there isn't one in the chamber.

You can get a CC permit in different states, and some states recognize other states CC permits, while not recognizing others. There is no rhyme or reason. I'd suggest you get as many different state CC permits as you can, especially the ones that you travel through. You don't always have to be a resident of that state to get one.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/31/11 03:43 AM
Rex, check these two websites:

http://www.opencarry.org/

and

http://www.carryconcealed.net/

They provide maps and information on what is and isn't legal in each state and which states have reciprocity with each other. Virginia happens to be one of the most gun friendly states in the country except for maybe Alaska and Vermont. Most of New England and the Midwest are more anti-gun. Just be careful, too many cops out there who still think people shouldn't have the right to defend themselves. No way I would travel cross country without a gun... Heck, these days there is no way I'd travel anywhere! I go to church with my gun on.
Posted By: chase Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/31/11 04:14 AM
WV is a pretty gun friendly state as long as the bullets arent within reach of the gun your good and if its in a locked box they wont say anything to you. Heck most people have rifles and shotguns in there back windows here lol.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/31/11 12:29 PM
Originally Posted By: esshup
Rex, in some states having a loaded clip in the gun is a no-no, even if it's in a locked container, even if there isn't one in the chamber.

You can get a CC permit in different states, and some states recognize other states CC permits, while not recognizing others. There is no rhyme or reason. I'd suggest you get as many different state CC permits as you can, especially the ones that you travel through. You don't always have to be a resident of that state to get one.

Guys, this is one of the best websites I've found for concealed carry information. If you plug in the state where you have a ccw, it will automatically highlight the other states that accept your home state ccw based on reciprocity. It also has a good discussion of most of the laws applicable to concealed weapons. For Black Cloud Rains (that's his Indian name - just did some research and found that out! grin), this may be particularly useful info!

And, Scott, you are correct about the manner in which the weapon is carried as far as WV law goes - when just transporting a firearm, it and the ammo must be stored in separate locations within the vehicle such that that they cannot both be readily accessed. If you have a ccw, of course, that does not apply to your carry gun, but otherwise, it applies even to ccw holders.

I represented a friend once who had a ccw and had his pistol, loaded and ready to fire, locked in his glove compartment in a holster. He got stopped for speeding and advised the cop of his ccw status and that his weapon was in the glove compartment. He got arrested. We got the charge dismissed, but he had to go through the process and it ended up being a pretty big hassle before common sense finally prevailed with the prosecuting attorney and he agreed this was a pretty bad example of enforcement of concealed weapons law. It also helped that my client was a full-time professional EMT, but the point is, that sort of form of carrying can get you into some difficulties you may not want to tackle.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/31/11 12:33 PM
Travis, I didn't read all the way through before I posted and then saw your post. I like the links, particularly the second one. I'm book marking that one to go with the one I posted.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/31/11 12:34 PM
Originally Posted By: chase
WV is a pretty gun friendly state as long as the bullets arent within reach of the gun your good and if its in a locked box they wont say anything to you. Heck most people have rifles and shotguns in there back windows here lol.

It's cool that we're still a state where you can do that sort of thing, isn't it, Chase?!
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Where's Waldo 2011? - 05/31/11 03:27 PM
Originally Posted By: esshup
Amazing. I wonder what it'd be like if you tried to go into California? (Tilapia or not)

Two words.....

...cavity search.
© Pond Boss Forum