Pond Boss
Posted By: Todd3138 Last Minute Cancelation - 04/12/11 09:48 PM
So I just got word today of a schedule issue that cannot be changed and, on the eve of departure, I am unable to make the conference. I'm pretty sure there aren't sufficient words to convey what I'm feeling at this moment. Well, there may actually be sufficient words, but on a family oriented forum such as this, I can't use them, so there actually aren't sufficient words for me.

In any event, I now have to divest myself of my lodging plans and wonder if anyone is looking at this late date. I have one of the single room fishing cabins reserved for Thursday night and Friday night. Anyone interested? If so, contact me directly via email at tlaneve@8777wvlaws.com.

I am bummed.

By the way, here is a link to the cabin on Big Cedar's website, in case anyone is interested. Very nice looking.

Posted By: Sunil Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/12/11 09:56 PM
Sorry to hear that Mabro!
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/12/11 10:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Todd3138
So I just got word today of a schedule issue that cannot be changed and, on the eve of departure, I am unable to make the conference. I'm pretty sure there aren't sufficient words to convey what I'm feeling at this moment. Well, there may actually be sufficient words, but on a family oriented forum such as this, I can't use them, so there actually aren't sufficient words for me.

In any event, I now have to divest myself of my lodging plans and wonder if anyone is looking at this late date. I have one of the single room fishing cabins reserved for Thursday night and Friday night. Anyone interested? If so, contact me directly via email at tlaneve@8777wvlaws.com.

I am bummed.

Aw geeze. That is a very serious bummer. Maybe we can get photos posted of you, George, JHAP/JWHAP . . .

We'll miss ya!
Posted By: the stick Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/13/11 12:47 AM
Bummer, I was invited on a trip to fish ice-out Rainey River Sturgeon this coming weekend and can't go. So if misery loves company I am with you.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/13/11 01:04 AM
Thanks, guys. I'm very disappointed. Stick, misery does indeed love company. We can be bummed simultaneously, although you at least get to fish! I will have to at least get out to the farm a night or two and wet a line and my whistle, too!
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/13/11 01:41 AM
Gotta be in court?
Posted By: the stick Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/13/11 01:50 AM
So to speak. The topic at the start of this thread is more important, there has to be someone out there that needs a last minute place to stay at the Pond Boss Convention.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/13/11 02:21 AM
Yep. Unavoidable.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/13/11 02:22 AM
Thanks, Stick. Yeah, I definitely want to get someone into the cabin if at all possible. I'll have to cancel it by tomorrow if not. Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Bueller? Bueller?
Posted By: Omaha Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/13/11 02:41 AM
Damn. Was looking forward to meeting you Todd, as I'm sure was everyone. To make up for this, you should be required to travel to each attendees' home for the face to face we are going to now miss out on. I look forward to seeing you Todd. Anytime in July is good for me.

Seriously though, a real bummer you can't make it. Can't imagine how dejected you must have felt. Be good Todd. We'll miss ya!
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/13/11 02:54 AM
Well, I can't necessarily agree there were many looking forward to meeting me, but for the 2 or 3 who may fall into that category, just set up a schedule and I'll start booking airline tix! grin

I really do appreciate the sentiment, Josh. I was really looking forward to putting faces with names and am just sick that it's going to have to happen another time.
Posted By: Bing Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/13/11 02:56 AM
Bummer!!!
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/13/11 03:04 AM
Indeed. frown
Posted By: esshup Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/13/11 03:10 AM
Dang it Todd! I was hoping to spend a bit of time with you. Put me on the list of 3! That sucks.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/13/11 03:15 AM
I know. I'm really bummed. Lots of good fun that will now have to be postponed (on my end, anyway!).
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/13/11 09:32 AM
Like others, I was really looking forward to meeting you.

Dang!
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/13/11 11:43 AM
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Like others, I was really looking forward to meeting you.

Dang!

Well, I guess we've rounded out the 3! Airline flights to Nebraska, Indiana, and Texas are now getting scheduled! grin Thanks for the note, Dave. It was mutual.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/13/11 12:09 PM
According to the 'Wake Up' thread, there's only like less than 10 of us going!

May is good for me, Todd.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/13/11 12:54 PM
Yeah, but we already know each other, so you can't get in on what I'm calling the "ON DEMAND TOUR!" That's limited to the 3 people who were willing to publicly admit they were actually were looking forward to meeting me! Still, I'll be happy to come up to the lake in May - you just say when!
Posted By: Dwight Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/13/11 10:57 PM

I am bummed.

Being slapped down at the last possible moment is a bummer for sure. Being slapped down long term (knowing all along you can't go) is an extended bummer. Which is worse I don't know.

Excessive imbibement helps, but it is temporary.
Posted By: JKB Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/13/11 11:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Sunil
According to the 'Wake Up' thread, there's only like less than 10 of us going!

Should be a good 1 on 1 then. I am sure quite a few will show up that have not announced their plans.

Just have to see how it goes!

All, have a good time!
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/14/11 12:27 AM
And to all those who show up last minute, TAKE MY FRIGGIN' CABIN! IT'S CHEAP! GET IN TOUCH WITH ME!!!
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/14/11 12:28 AM
Originally Posted By: Dwight
Excessive imbibement helps, but it is temporary.

I'll have to give your obviously sage advice some serious consideration!
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/14/11 02:27 PM
I just had to beg and plead to get a continuance for a felony prelim I have next Tuesday so I didn't have to drive back from the beach in NC. That's a bummer you couldn't get a continuance or some other way to avoid being in court...
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/14/11 03:05 PM
Tell me about it. Glad to hear you managed to get your case postponed - doing that in a felony prelim can sometimes be a very difficult thing.
Posted By: roadwarriorsvt Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/14/11 11:38 PM
Originally Posted By: CJBS2003
I just had to beg and plead to get a continuance for a felony prelim I have next Tuesday

I hope the poor b@$t@rd wasn't in custody the whole time while you were soaking up the sun! laugh
Posted By: esshup Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/16/11 04:48 AM
Todd, I hate to rub it in, but you are missing it big time!
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/16/11 02:13 PM
Thanks for that. frown
Posted By: Sniper Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/16/11 02:43 PM
Thanks for that. frown

Look at it this way, Todd; when you got up this morning, you needed no aspirin or stomach sealant.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/16/11 02:52 PM
Good point, my friend! Actually, I ended up at the farm late yesterday and planted my fruit trees, raked a ton of FA out of the small pond, and mowed for a couple of hours, so some ibuprofen this morning would have been nice!
Posted By: jeffreythree Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/16/11 03:54 PM
I sure wish I could have gone, but the wife's job usually requires overtime and Saturday's until tax season is over. I knew better than to book it and, sure enough, sitting at home with a sick kid while she is working; so tomorrow I am going looking for a place a lot closer to home than the current one grin. I am still kicking myself for not going to the last one held here in DFW. Maybe next year I will get to go.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/16/11 05:22 PM
Well, I can't necessarily agree there were many looking forward to meeting me, but for the 2 or 3 who may fall into that category, just set up a schedule and I'll start booking airline tix! grin

I really do appreciate the sentiment, Josh. I was really looking forward to putting faces with names and am just sick that it's going to have to happen another time.

Maybe next time we can all be there! You know, the year the world's supposed to end. grin
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/16/11 05:24 PM
Tell me about it. Glad to hear you managed to get your case postponed - doing that in a felony prelim can sometimes be a very difficult thing.

I thought lawyers postponed trials all the the time Todd! grin
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Last Minute Cancelation - 04/17/11 08:26 PM
Circumstances postpone trials, Cecil - lawyers are the just the vehicle for making that happen! grin
© Pond Boss Forum