Pond Boss
Posted By: RC51 A good underwater video camera?? - 01/07/11 08:35 PM
Can anyone tell me what they think is a good underwater video camera for making video in my pond? Something I can attach to a 5 or 6 foot rod and put underwater while drifting in my boat just to see what I could see if anything??

Thanks,
Posted By: Omaha Re: A good underwater video camera?? - 01/07/11 08:41 PM
My kid has a flip video camera and they make an underwater case for it. This is a very affordable option for you. We have not tried it however...

http://store.theflip.com/en-us/products/Product.aspx?SKU=AWC2T
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: A good underwater video camera?? - 01/07/11 09:09 PM
I've been watching these cameras on Ebay, looks promising.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-12MP-Underwater-...=item230d2218e8
Posted By: Brettski Re: A good underwater video camera?? - 01/07/11 09:52 PM
N8ly will have some good input
Posted By: andedammen Re: A good underwater video camera?? - 01/08/11 02:05 PM
http://www.goprocamera.com/products/?area=2
Posted By: Rtifs Re: A good underwater video camera?? - 01/09/11 03:34 AM
I’ve got a pentax Optio W80. I used it last March in St Thomas while snorkeling. It’s great. Here’s a sample picture. The video is similar quality but too large to post. By the way, if your water is not extremely clear you’re not going to see much. Water is much murkier when viewed beneath the surface than from above.

Attached picture IMGP1061.jpg
Posted By: RC51 Re: A good underwater video camera?? - 01/10/11 06:28 PM
Hey guys thanks. My water is pretty clear. I would say about 6 to 7 feet clear in the winter time. I am not look for great video just enough to let me knwo what going on down there and maybe see some of my fish and give me a better heads up under my water. I heard the GoPro was pretty decent too. I will check out the OPtio w80 as well.

Thanks again,
Posted By: findfoolfight Re: A good underwater video camera?? - 01/11/11 03:22 AM
Hey RC51 ...do you still ride? I used to have a tl lots of fun better than an inline imo. Camera...MarCum 825!!!! Go ahead its only money....I've never seen a Brinks truck following a hearse.
Posted By: RC51 Re: A good underwater video camera?? - 01/11/11 03:47 AM
Hey FFF,

I still ride but just sold my RC about 2 months ago. Loved that bike, but trying to save up money for my new cabin I am going to start building in March and the money will come in handy. Not many understand what my fourm name stands for. Glad to see you do! I too have drove a TL and they are fun as well. Inline bikes have there place but I sure loved that RC51 torque!

Later,
Posted By: findfoolfight Re: A good underwater video camera?? - 01/11/11 01:07 PM
nothing like the deep low GROWL of a twin to make you glad to be alive ! except maybe the deep low pull of a 10lb'er!! Whatever camera you get post some pics! Not to get off topic but you might want to consider an A-Frame design for your cabin. Me and a couple of my buddies built one back in the 80's much easier than logs or conventional framing and WAY more bang for your buck.
Good Luck FFF
Posted By: RC51 Re: A good underwater video camera?? - 01/11/11 09:11 PM
Yeah man I miss that growl for sure! My cabin is what it is I guess. My dad is actually drawing up the plans and I am telling him what I want changed. smile I will keep it in mind though.

thanks,
© Pond Boss Forum