Pond Boss
Posted By: Dwight Stick Scores Pond Wins - 12/29/10 09:48 PM
The stick scored these Christmas trees and hauled them out here today. There are 22 of them; all brand new left overs (oops there went the tree sales profits).

Bremer Pond fish are tail dancing in anticipation of new structure coming in the spring. Thanks brother!

Posted By: ewest Re: Stick Scores Pond Wins - 12/29/10 10:57 PM
Good job Stick. You can come help me as I will be moving about 100 from town to the ponds over the next few days. Then I will decide how many to each lake and where each goes. Then you can help ferry them out to the locations and tie them off.

Tied to the post

Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Stick Scores Pond Wins - 12/29/10 11:58 PM
I got about 25 or so from the local tree farm.. Stay tuned I have some really good ideas that have never been done that I've seen..
Posted By: the stick Re: Stick Scores Pond Wins - 12/30/10 06:01 AM
I would do that for you in a minute ewest, but I just got use to the ice so open water could cause brain damage.
Bluegillerkiller, Your second sentence is a conundrum. It is not possible for you to see something that has never been done before!
Dwight, that picture above is what I'm talkin' about. No need for blocks with that. I think this would tie into your never discussed automatic trolling concept.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Stick Scores Pond Wins - 12/30/10 02:11 PM
Lol, I meant they might have been done, but I haven't seen anything like them.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Stick Scores Pond Wins - 12/30/10 04:25 PM
Stick provides a good example of someone helping work at, in, and around the owners pond for some fishing privilages. Fishing on someone else's waters is not a constitutional or human right.
Posted By: the stick Re: Stick Scores Pond Wins - 12/31/10 05:58 PM
I still ask Dwight if it is ok to fish his pond. At the least, I let him know what time I am coming, when I am leaving, and who I am fishing with. I know Dwight appreciates the efforts.
Posted By: Rattletrap2 Re: Stick Scores Pond Wins - 01/04/11 07:29 PM
I sunk one Scotch Pine last year and was thinking of sinking another one this year. Is there any risk to ph or anything from adding the Pines?
Thanks
Posted By: Dwight Re: Stick Scores Pond Wins - 01/04/11 08:52 PM
I don't see any problem with putting Scotch Pines in your pond. There could be a problem though if you put in an equivalent volume of Scotch Whiskey. laugh
Posted By: ewest Re: Stick Scores Pond Wins - 01/04/11 09:06 PM
I have used them plenty of times. If you are concerned about acidity then add a bag of pelleted lime or 40 lbs of ag lime.
© Pond Boss Forum