Pond Boss
Posted By: the stick First ice fishing at Bremer Pond - 12/08/10 07:00 PM
Finally got out on Bremer Pond ice fishing. Caught about 25 perch that were in the nine to ten inch range. Got five LM bass, a couple nice bluegill and one crappie. No giants, but we had fun. The water is certianly clear, we were in about 11-12 ft and could easily see the bottom. Dwight stopped down for a cocktail. No giant bass or northern pike, but the ice fishing season is young!
Posted By: rickyd Re: First ice fishing at Bremer Pond - 12/08/10 08:53 PM
any pics?
Posted By: the stick Re: First ice fishing at Bremer Pond - 12/08/10 09:23 PM
Not this time.
Posted By: esshup Re: First ice fishing at Bremer Pond - 12/09/10 12:43 AM
It never happened. wink
Posted By: the stick Re: First ice fishing at Bremer Pond - 12/09/10 09:16 PM
I promise I will post a picture or two next week after I am off the dogs. My sargent is going with me next week and he is much lucky. Since we got a couple NP at 38" last winter, I am expecting a 41" in the next trip or two. That is a big NP no matter where you go.
Posted By: the stick Re: First ice fishing at Bremer Pond - 12/20/10 03:43 AM
Got a 28" NP that got involved with several other lines so it was a fish and a large knot. Also got a variety of perch, bass and crappie. Dwight has the pictures from the evening. No fish pictures though, just the happy ice fisherman at work.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: First ice fishing at Bremer Pond - 12/20/10 04:50 AM
How thick is the ice on Dwight's pond now Stick?
Posted By: the stick Re: First ice fishing at Bremer Pond - 12/20/10 01:20 PM
By this morning it has to be a good 12". Should be able to drive on it in a week or so with our chilly temps. They say 12" for a vehicle, but 14" makes me feel better. Don't want the Fordson on the bottom of Bremer Pond.
© Pond Boss Forum