Pond Boss
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Password question - 09/10/10 04:15 PM
How come I can't change my password. I've been logging in with temporary passwords for weeks it won't let me change it in my profile..
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Password question - 09/10/10 04:21 PM
Because it's set up that way - if you could change it, we'd all be locked out from logging in as you and messing with your profile! grin

Just messin'! Hey, TJ, can you help BGK figure out this problem?
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Password question - 09/10/10 05:06 PM
Note to self: hack into todd3138, and bad mouth all moderators with his name..

Lol just kiddin
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Password question - 09/10/10 05:08 PM

laugh
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Password question - 09/11/10 03:38 AM
Bumping to keep at the top. This kinda sucks having ot get a password everytime i check in..
Posted By: ewest Re: Password question - 09/11/10 02:22 PM
I could find nothing in the member info to show a problem. Suggest you pm TJ.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Password question - 09/11/10 02:51 PM
BGK, silly question, but after you log in are you going to "Edit Profile" under the "My Stuff" button to change your password?

I wasn't even aware there are now "temporary" passwords.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Password question - 09/11/10 03:03 PM
Yep go to "my stuff" "edit profile" then "change password" the password that is in there looks like its about 20 letters long i dont know what it is and i sure wouldnt have made a 20 letter password. Well i put in a new passsword and confirm it. next time i log in it doesnt work. and i have to get a temporary password sent to my email then come back to the site and re-enter the new password. Not a big deal just a hassle.. Rainman you get my PM's??
Posted By: LCG Re: Password question - 09/11/10 06:28 PM
I clicked the "Remember me on each visit." box and stay logged in all the time.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Password question - 09/11/10 06:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Bluegillerkiller
Rainman you get my PM's??

Yes sir!...Waiting on a return call.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Password question - 09/13/10 02:37 AM
Even if i mark the box to remember me it doesnt.. I might just make a whole new account..
Posted By: esshup Re: Password question - 09/13/10 02:40 AM
Do you have cookies enabled on your computer, and will your computer remember user names/passwords from any other website?
Posted By: JWB Re: Password question - 09/13/10 11:57 AM
Originally Posted By: Bluegillerkiller
I might just make a whole new account..

That’s what I ended up doing.
Posted By: Bossone Re: Password question - 09/14/10 12:41 AM
I had an issue as well with another computer and I swore I had things right. However it was case sensitive (user name) and it worked fine. Maybe this is the same issue?
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Password question - 09/15/10 03:23 PM
I don't know. I've tried everything. When I go to profile edit and put in a password and re-type the password then hit submit it reloads with the same old amount of dots in the space like it's not even recognizing my new password. Anyone else got any suggestion. I know it's case sensitive but if I don't know my password it doesn't matter if it's case sensitive so i always have to hit "forgot my password" which sends me a temporary password that I can only use until I log off. I don't know what else to try besides maybe making a new account.

Posted By: Rainman Re: Password question - 09/15/10 04:51 PM
The extra hidden dots are meaningless as the actual password...just a security thing. My password does not have the character count shown in my profile either.

FWIW, my screen name and login name are not the same either.
© Pond Boss Forum