Pond Boss
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Forum work - 06/08/10 04:53 AM
All;

Trying to apply a solution on the scrolling issue. Please hang tight...I appreciate your patience.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Forum work - 06/08/10 05:04 AM
All;

I believe we've finally resolved the scrolling issues - at least on my one PC that was having these issues. Please chime in and let me know.

TJ
Posted By: LR Bob Re: Forum work - 06/08/10 10:03 AM
All cleared up on mine, too. Nice work!
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Forum work - 06/08/10 01:00 PM
Thanks TJ. Works very nicely on mine, and it's nice not to have to scroll right to catch everything. Thanks so much for your continued efforts.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Forum work - 06/08/10 03:11 PM
Much better thanks TJ!
Posted By: JKB Re: Forum work - 06/08/10 08:59 PM
TJ,

I am glad you could clear up this issue on your end, for everyone.

I apologize if I led someone astray blush

Apparently, I suck!

You Da Man TJ!
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Forum work - 06/08/10 10:02 PM
You bet bro...thanks for your help and input. Glad that issue is behind us.
Posted By: jeffreythree Re: Forum work - 06/09/10 02:02 AM
Weird, still have to scroll right if logged in but as a guest it shows everything
Posted By: Cisco Re: Forum work - 06/09/10 05:07 PM
I have the same problem as jefferythree. If I'm not logged in, the page size is fine, no scrolling, but if I log in, the page widens so I have to scroll to the right in order to read the post.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Forum work - 06/09/10 05:50 PM
I'm still looking good on this end. Everyone else, please chime in and let me know.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Forum work - 06/09/10 06:00 PM
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
I'm still looking good on this end. Everyone else, please chime in and let me know.

nah....too easy
Posted By: LR Bob Re: Forum work - 06/09/10 06:01 PM
Still lookin' good for me. Prior to yesterday I had the scroll bar issue but now it fits on one page left-to-right.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Forum work - 06/09/10 06:02 PM
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57

Lord give me the strength to not abuse TJ.

I'm trying lord, but why o why to you have to place such temptation directly in front of my face?

Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Forum work - 06/09/10 06:09 PM
The reason I pose this question is because the only manner in which to make everyone fit, I fear, is to reduce the size of the reply section - which affects the entire community included those who haven't encountered the scrolling issue. I am reluctant to implement changes which may compromise the forum for the entire community - obviously. Let me know how many of you there are who are still experiencing scrolling issues, please.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Forum work - 06/09/10 06:11 PM
Oh I have issues all right, but presently TJ, none of them have to do with the scrolling bar. What ever you tweaked has helped immensely. Thank you.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Forum work - 06/09/10 09:10 PM
Hey TJ I still have this problem as well. Just like the other guys. If I am logged off I am ok or if I am on the main page I am ok it's only when I click on a forum link when I have to scroll right about an inch or so. No big deal if I must I must. I don't want everything to change for such a small issue.

Thanks for all your help in trying to fix. I also have not upgraded to IE 8 that could fix my problem. I am on 7 at the moment.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Forum work - 06/10/10 05:40 PM
I made the reply box a width of 70 instead of 90 and this should resolve the scrolling issues for those of you still experiencing them. I'm reluctant to reduce further as I'd be compromising performance for the majority of the community. In other words, if this doesn't address the issue, we'll most likely have to just grit it out until the next forum upgrade UBB is working upon. Sorry guys -hope it helped! Let me know please.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Forum work - 06/10/10 05:53 PM
TJ

That worked for me its perfect now!!! Great Job!!
Posted By: Cisco Re: Forum work - 06/10/10 10:17 PM
That helped a bunch TJ. Thanks for all you do!!
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Forum work - 06/10/10 10:33 PM
Great work,TJ. If,in the future you have to downsize the comment area, maybe you can just do it to JHAP'S bandwidth or whatever.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Forum work - 06/11/10 02:13 PM
shocked shocked shocked mad mad mad

Not unless he's interested in dodging more lightening.
© Pond Boss Forum