Pond Boss

Looks like a grass carp to me. Do grass carp in Tenneesee have to be triploids? I'd be curious to know if this one is.

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-439811?hpt=Mid
The comment IDs are hilarious.
It's sad how clueless people are about different species. There is so much misinformation out there.
I didn't read them but I can only guess. The sad thing is it's bad enough that people are just plain ignorant. What compounds it, is, many times the media either gets things wrong or purposely accentuates the negative. And folks just assume the information is correct because it's being reported.
Amen to that... I wouldn't trust most media outlets as far as I could throw them.
Originally Posted By: CJBS2003
Amen to that... I wouldn't trust most media outlets as far as I could throw them.

Ever notice if it's a subject you know a lot about, when they report on it they usually get it all wrong? Kind of scary isn't it?
Makes you wonder are they screwing up every story, I just don't know it cause I am unfamiliar with those topics?
Originally Posted By: CJBS2003
Makes you wonder are they screwing up every story, I just don't know it cause I am unfamiliar with those topics?

That's what I was thinking.

We had situation at my wife's school where the KKK showed up. The media had all the facts wrong. From then on whenever I see an outlandish report of an incident at a school I have to wonder what the truth really is.
I was just reading a CNN report(I know), from a guy flying in a helo 1000 ft. up over the oil spill. He was hanging out the back taking a video and said the smell of gasoline from the oil spill was terrible. confused

About 30 yrs. ago a truck going thru Houston made a turn too fast and spilled out some stuff. The reporter was holding a small aluminum can with pull tab top. I immediately recognized it as a radar spare part, an electronic switch which contains a few micro curies of radioactive cobalt in a gas which ionizes when hit by radar waves. It is all sealed inside. It was made out to be a potentially very dangerous situation. It had the radiation hazard mark on it. I replaced them on radars on at least a weekly basis. Heck, I drank radioactive iodine to tone down my thyroid activity years ago.

Since Dan Rather and hurricane Carla, reporting has been on a nosedive.
I miss the old days when reporters just reported the news and didn't try and use it to improve ratings or even make news. Walter Cronkite complained about the new trend too. The integrity is just not there anymore.
And when reporters weren't so blatantly left or right... Just report the darn news, let me decide which way I want to twist it!
oooh! Dont get me started! I'm going to another thread, right now! mad
© Pond Boss Forum