Pond Boss
Posted By: jeffhasapond Questions about a new pond - 04/16/10 03:45 PM
Hi it's me JHAP, remember me?

Anyhoo I'm just helping out a new member that has some pond questions. I quoted this post from another thread so that he can get some feedback.

Originally Posted By: gjmcclung
I know that this isn't whereni should post this but i can't find where to start a new post. My brother and I have 3 acres of land that we just had cleared, we'ed like to put an pond on about 3/4 acre but aren't sure about pond structures. We'ed like one end about 8' deep ( sloped of course)and the other end about 1-2ft to raise crawfish in. once again i appologize for this being posted here but am not sure how to start a new post

Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Questions about a new pond - 04/16/10 03:46 PM
So welcome to Pond Boss gjmcclung, we're glad to have you here.

Interesting a pond designed to raise crawfish. I don't know a thing about them so I'll let the experts talk at you.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Questions about a new pond - 04/17/10 09:03 PM
What little I know about crawfish habitat is confined to lots of rock providing cracks and crevices for them to lurk in. Gambusia and fathead minnows ought to provide a good food source for them as well. Bluegill, Catfish, and bass will keep crawfish numbers low through predation and wouldn't work well if growing crawfish is the main goal.

My 2 cent SWAG!!!
Posted By: scott69 Re: Questions about a new pond - 04/18/10 12:47 AM
is we'ed a word? i use it all the time, just never tried to spell it..
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Questions about a new pond - 04/18/10 01:23 AM
 Originally Posted By: scott69
is we'ed a word? i use it all the time, just never tried to spell it..

We have some law enforcement folks on this forum, so you may not want to admit to using "weed" "all the time!"
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Questions about a new pond - 04/18/10 09:03 AM

© Pond Boss Forum