Pond Boss
Posted By: salex skin lesions - 03/18/10 08:12 PM
I recently fished a lake in east Texas that had fish with some type of skin lesions. Unfortuntely, I did not take a picture. The legions were all over the fish, However, they were more concetnrated around the gills. They were green, round and about the size of a medium size nail head. What might this be? I tried to locate on Google. If you had a picture or know of a picture I could view, I could probably confirm or deny the diagnosis.

Thanks!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: skin lesions - 03/19/10 03:56 PM
 Originally Posted By: salex
I recently fished a lake in east Texas that had fish with some type of skin lesions. Unfortuntely, I did not take a picture. The legions were all over the fish, However, they were more concetnrated around the gills. They were green, round and about the size of a medium size nail head. What might this be? I tried to locate on Google. If you had a picture or know of a picture I could view, I could probably confirm or deny the diagnosis.

Thanks!

Hang in there I'll post some pics tonight when I have time. Sounds like parasites to me. Nothing to really worry about. They are usually transient this time of year. I have some skin parasites show up in one of my ponds on some of my bluegill during spawning season when they are stressed. After spawning season the fish look fine with no signs.
Posted By: JKB Re: skin lesions - 03/19/10 04:02 PM
Cecil, It is too early for you to be posting \:o What gives?

Good info anyway.
© Pond Boss Forum