Pond Boss
Posted By: Bob Lusk Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/08/10 10:37 PM
After several years of requests and the reality that it costs money to operate this forum, the Pond Boss team is proud to announce the Donate Tab. Look in the upper right hand corner. As long as I'm alive, this forum will be free.
At the same time, we understand that you folks gain information that you might not otherwise be able to get. And, this information is valuable to you...especially when it saves $$$.
So, we graciously offer the opportunity for you to help offset the costs of the forum.
We've got a number of cool changes on the horizon. Soon, we'll offer much more free content and some "e-books" and "e-articles" that you can't find anywhere on the internet.
Thanks for being on the team...we appreciate each and everyone of you.
Oh, and we have received a large number of requests to be Field Correspondents and Ambassadors. I am personally working on that program and will announce it soon.
Fish on!
Bob Lusk
Editor, Pond Boss magazine
Posted By: Omaha Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/08/10 10:53 PM
Modest donation made. Thanks Bob!
Posted By: skinnybass Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/08/10 10:55 PM
that's awesome, Mr Lusk. Looks great.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/08/10 11:21 PM
Tab used. Well done.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/09/10 12:40 AM
Donation made, good work Pond Boss! PB has saved me literally thousands of dollars in mistakes, thousands of hours of researching the web for inferior advice, and helped create many friendships I hope to continue to build for many years to come. Frankly, a donation is the least I can do in an effort to thank the Pond Boss family.
Posted By: esshup Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/09/10 12:45 AM
Tab used as well.

Something to consider, other forums that I belong to have the option (moderator only can place it) of having a star or other symbol next to a members name that donates, and it is there for a year from when the donation is made.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/09/10 01:16 AM
Thanks, guys. We'll see if we can come up with a special avatar for you guys.
Posted By: Al Davison Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/09/10 04:15 AM
Small donation sent - wish it could be more but...maybe I can add a little more later.

Thanks, Bob, for all you do!
Posted By: RC51 Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/09/10 01:58 PM
Al

The nice thing about a donation tab is you dont have to give one big amount you if you can't, you can always give something later when you can.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/09/10 02:01 PM
 Originally Posted By: RC51
Al

The nice thing about a donation tab is you dont have to give one big amount you if you can't, you can always give something later when you can.

Yep, I wasn't able to donate as much as I think PB deserves (who can?), but I did what I felt comfortable right now and will continue to drop a little in the bucket on occasion from here on out.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/09/10 02:10 PM
To Bob Lusk,

Bob I can tell from your first post you struggled with doing this. As we all here know your heart is in the right place and you would just as soon give your shirt off your back than take money from someone to help you out. It's ok we asked for it and you are allowing us to give back in our own small way. So don't feel bad it's ok! \:\) Thanks for having such a great forum and magazine! And thanks to all the moderators that make this site work every day!
Posted By: Dudley Landry Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/09/10 02:55 PM
My pittance will be on the way shortly but by check (is cheque still used?) instead of via the donation tab. I'll make it out to Pond Boss and note it as Forum Donation. Hope this doesn't screw everything up (or should it be screw up everything?).
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/09/10 04:18 PM
OUTSTANDING!

I just sent in my donation. Folks don't apologize for the size of the donation made. In this brutal economy I am sure that any donation is greatly appreciated.

Bob asked our opinion, we voiced our opinion, Bob acted on our opinion. How much better can this forum get when the owner of the forum is responsive to our feedback!

I have now become a proud supporter of the Pond Boss forums. Thank you Bob!
Posted By: TOM G Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/09/10 08:18 PM
I will be sending in some too,as soon as my computer guy gets the billing software back up on my computer.Its hard to send a ck when the account is empty.Good work Bob.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/09/10 11:30 PM
Used it. Have to be careful because it's so easy it could become addicting!
Posted By: FarmerRick Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/09/10 11:36 PM
I too. Very satisfying to be able to donate to the great cause.

Also got my issue of PB mag today (was getting anxious with many others having rec'd for several days).
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/10/10 02:18 AM
 Originally Posted By: Dudley Landry
My pittance will be on the way shortly but by check (is cheque still used?) instead of via the donation tab. I'll make it out to Pond Boss and note it as Forum Donation. Hope this doesn't screw everything up (or should it be screw up everything?).

Same here too. I try not to use the CC unless it's a crisis.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/10/10 02:53 AM
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
OUTSTANDING!

I just sent in my donation. Folks don't apologize for the size of the donation made. In this brutal economy I am sure that any donation is greatly appreciated.

Bob asked our opinion, we voiced our opinion, Bob acted on our opinion. How much better can this forum get when the owner of the forum is responsive to our feedback!

I have now become a proud supporter of the Pond Boss forums. Thank you Bob!

Yo Sockpuppet, pony up you slacker!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/10/10 01:16 PM
Yeah, multiple identities need to give for each handle.

Dwight? Tan? Barnes1?
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/10/10 03:02 PM
Mortimers funds currently tied up in rhinoplasty.
Posted By: Cisco Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/10/10 06:56 PM
I'm not sure if mine went thru or not. I hit "review donation and continue" and all went blank. I guess i'll have to wait for the statement and see if it's there.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/14/10 12:47 AM
Small donation today and many more to come...Thanks for the awesome site Bob!
Posted By: claybird Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/15/10 01:52 AM
Bob, thanks for the opportunity to donate to such a worthy cause! Keep on bossing! =]
Posted By: claybird Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/19/10 03:19 AM
Geez why do I always seem to kill a thread??? I hope donations haven't ceased because of it... =[
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/19/10 10:42 PM
Don't worry, Mardi.

There are donors who chose to remain covert.

Public or not, all donations are appreciated and will be recognized.
Posted By: claybird Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/22/10 12:28 AM
Thanks, Sunil. Glad to know I didn't kill off any prospective donations...lol
Posted By: Cisco Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 03/22/10 09:34 PM
Mine finally went thru today. Not much but i'm glad to able to help keep this forum going. The $$ saved more than make up for it.
Thanks Bob!!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 04/23/10 11:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Rainman
Small donation today and many more to come...Thanks for the awesome site Bob!

Same here yesterday!

Guys if I can donate you can too. I'm averaging one customer every three weeks. Not good! Come on!
Posted By: michauxii Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 06/13/10 04:12 PM
Done!
Posted By: jason7858 Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 12/29/10 06:38 PM
tab used....worth more than i can give right now
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 12/30/10 12:43 AM
Thanks for the support Jason. Graciouis gifts by using the Donate button for expert free pond advice are really appreciated and beneficial to all for keeping this website viable.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 12/30/10 02:13 AM
Good work Jason!
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 12/30/10 03:46 AM
Yes and every penny counts.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss donate tab.... - 01/01/11 03:44 PM
Now that it's 2011, it is time to buck up for the cause again.
© Pond Boss Forum