Pond Boss
Posted By: Bob Lusk Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 02/27/10 04:15 PM
All you Facebook fans---
Become a fan!
I'll start using Facebook to send you messages of newsy or new things to see on pondboss.com...
Posted By: Rainman Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 02/27/10 04:22 PM
How bout a link Mr. Pond Boss........
;\)
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 02/27/10 04:25 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pond-Boss/341724237808?v=wall&ref=search

Here 'tis
Posted By: Rainman Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 02/27/10 05:15 PM
I'm a fan!
Posted By: Al Davison Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 02/27/10 07:36 PM
I'm there! Well done!
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 02/27/10 07:51 PM
I believe I'm #27 Priceless!
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 02/27/10 09:35 PM
I'm on board!
Posted By: Cisco Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 02/27/10 10:27 PM
I'm in there too. Not under Cisco. Brian Mahaffey
Posted By: scott69 Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 02/28/10 12:55 AM
I'm in..Scott Hanners
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 02/28/10 01:14 AM
I'm a fan now.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 03/02/10 02:26 AM
Well, I'm learning about Facebook. Started the Pond Boss fan page Saturday. Just received fan #100...AaronM. Very cool. I plan to tie the Facebook page in with the website. Stay tuned.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 03/02/10 09:01 PM
Very cool Bob congrats. We got setup about three weeks ago and have 300 friends (you will pass by this before end of week I predict). Not many from frineds from PB though search lakework (hint). I was shocked when I saw DD1- what has the world came to when Dave is on FB.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 03/02/10 10:09 PM
Just saw this thread, but I've been a fan since day 1! Not registered under Omaha, however. Josh Milczski is what they call me around Facebook.

Great to see Pond Boss on Facebook. I have already turned a lot of my friends onto it, whether they're just becoming fans because I've asked them to or whether they will actually proceed to check out the website, that's to be seen.

EDIT - Oops, day 2 officially I guess. Got it up on Saturday, I joined on Sunday.
Posted By: JKB Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 03/02/10 10:24 PM
Never been on Facebook, guess I'm too old, But I'll give it a try!
Posted By: Omaha Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 03/02/10 10:31 PM
 Originally Posted By: JKB
Never been on Facebook, guess I'm too old, But I'll give it a try!

You're not too old for Facebook. I got aunts and uncles on there. Not very often, but they're on there.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 03/02/10 11:50 PM
Yeah, I got on but intend to be very careful.
Posted By: Al Davison Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 03/03/10 01:45 AM
sending out Friend requests to many of you - I'm not a stalker. ;\)

And, Al Davison is my real name.

BTW: Dave - couldn't send you a request for some technical reason.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 03/03/10 02:13 AM
 Quote:
Yeah, I got on but intend to be very careful.

Dave, I too am on there and agree about the careful part.

Face, twit, etc. are likely places to get a trojan or rootkit infection on your system. A possible infection seems to vary by ISP and the type of protection you wear on your system/network.

We advise our business clients to block all the social network type stuff. If the social network stuff is a part of their marketing schema then we recommend they invest in managed hardware based protection.
Posted By: Al Davison Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 03/03/10 03:30 AM
I use "No Script" with Firefox - pretty effective.
Posted By: george1 Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 03/03/10 12:36 PM
My grandkids are all over me to get on facebook (whatever that is)and some other stuff but I don't like to give personal info on the internet - guess I'm just an old dinosaur.
If it is important they have to call or email - I don't text either ...
Posted By: Omaha Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 03/03/10 01:24 PM
I hear you George. It took me a long time to finally get onto Facebook simply because of that. I wanted my private life to remain just that. Then I found out my (similarly paranoid) brother was on Facebook and he showed me everything and how much control you actually have on there. You basically get to dictate exactly how much other people can see. Or you simply don't have to add anything at all. So I started a profile and I'm glad I did. Reconnected with all kinds of old friends and can keep in touch easier with relatives I rarely get the chance to talk to (cousin in the AF for instance). Not trying to talk you into it George, just sharing my experience.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 03/03/10 02:03 PM
I'm going to repeat my concern about social media that I once posted.

For the last 6 or 7 years I've been a member of the Leadership Team of a networking group for out of work Managers and Professionals. It has grown from about 35 people per meeting to over 350 these days. Times are tough out there and jobs are very competitive.
I recommend that the first step to take when job hunting is to eliminate everything in any type of social media. You need to control just what any company can find out about you. Personnel Departments can very easily go to the web and get a lot more information than you think. Their favorite target to use when making a final decision is usually social media. Secure and controlled? Do you really believe that? Do you want to take a risk? If there was any real security we wouldn't get viruses. Just ask some of the big banks, big companies and the Department of Defense.

I consider the PB Face Book site pretty harmless but you really never know who is looking.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Pond Boss is now on Facebook! - 03/03/10 02:11 PM
If you put nothing on your Facebook account you wouldn't mind being on the front cover of the local news paper, then there is nothing to worry about... At least that is what my employer says.
the b'man (bossman) is now a fan...
© Pond Boss Forum