Pond Boss
Posted By: wivell Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 01:05 AM
A couple of photos from our outing at Sunil's pond today.

My son Austin's first HSB, 22 inches.

Another fine smallmouth from Sunil's pond, 19 1/2 inches.

Thanks again Sunil for allowing us to fish your pond \:\)
Posted By: Rainman Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 01:28 AM
Niiiiice! More Smallies will be in there soon!
Posted By: wivell Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 01:30 AM
Rainmain,

You shipping SMB?
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 01:35 AM
Wasn't Sunil 6000 miles away from his pond today???
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 01:38 AM
Hey Ken, it's OK. I told them to go ahead.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 01:39 AM
Egad! I'm never going to go out of town ever again.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 01:45 AM
Just curious how big is Sunil's pond? It's hard to judge that by the picture but it sure looks nice!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 02:03 AM
Oh Man!!! Please, please, please tell us more.

Thanks, Scott! I'm smiling now and can't stop smiling!

Scott has the greenlight to fish my place whenever he wants. While I'm way, way out of town, it gives me great pleasure to see pics of my pond and our fish as of today.

It is a gift right now as I'm so far away. Frankly, I'm a little surprised at how much I enjoy seeing friends fish my place and catch some good fish. Even when I haven't been out of town, and just couldn't make it up to the pond, I've found great enjoyment seeing the catches from friends that I know I can trust to treat the pond/fish as if it was their own.

Any largemouth caught?

Colors are starting to change on the trees, and that is cool to see.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 02:09 AM
Sunil,

One of the advantages of having friends fish your pond is they can keep an eye on it regarding trespassers.

So how big is that pond?
Posted By: Sunil Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 02:13 AM
I call it 6-7 acres when at full pool.

Behind Austin is a long view of the pond with maybe a 1/4 acre behind the photographer. At the very end of the tree line, maybe 600-650' back behind Austin, there is about another 1-1.5 acres that is deeper. That back areas is tough to fish from shore by design of many, many felled trees to block shoreline.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 02:15 AM
 Originally Posted By: Sunil
I call it 6-7 acres when at full pool.

Behind Austin is a long view of the pond with maybe a 1/4 acre behind the photographer. At the very end of the tree line, maybe 600-650 back behind Austin, there is about another 1-1.5 acres that is deeper. That back areas is tough to fish from shore by design of many, many felled trees to block shoreline.

Interesting.

Any chance to do any fishing where you're at? Or at least do any sightseeing? Argentina has some incredible trout rivers and streams.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 02:23 AM
I could have set something up but it would have required my flying out of BA and back for side trip, or extending one of the mini-work trips which didn't work with the schedule.

Two nights and a wake-up and I'm out of here.

If I was here with someone that wanted to make a trip, it could have easily happened, but I'm solo working with the local staff.
Posted By: ewest Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 02:23 AM
That is , as we all know , a very beautiful place Sunil. Some very good fish as well. And for those of you who don't know Sunil is the only PB member to have had his fish included in the Bass Master Classic tanks - and very nice fish they were.

Here are some pics from the event.

For all you lurkers (aka Dudley Landry), this is (from left to right), my brother Sid, his wife Jenny, their daughter Tait, my daughter Carli, my wife Vicki, and yours truly.

As you can see from the pics, there's usually a camera flash reflected in the tank, and the fish get a "diamond eye" from the flash also.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 02:38 AM
I vote Sunil's pond as my favorite on Pond Boss. To grow that many species in one pond to that size is impressive!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 02:46 AM
Here's another smallie that Austin caught a few months back:

And just so my boy doesn't get a complex seeing as the Bass Masters was before his time:

Posted By: Rainman Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 02:56 AM
 Originally Posted By: wivell
Rainmain,

You shipping SMB?

Yes sir!

I'll log over 5000 miles in the next couple weeks. I'm pickin up and/or delivering 4-8" SMB, 3"-1.5/lb FT-LMB, 6"+ HBG, 8-16" RBT, 4"-7lb CC, 1-6+" CSBG, FH, GSH, BG, RES, and CNBG......so far. Kinda sudden on getting a bunch of CSBG! Now I gotta find a home for them!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 02:58 AM
He's going to be delivering, Scott. This is as close as it gets so contact him ASAP if you want to get down.

Rainman's going to be gracing Western PA with his presence.

Don't make him have to come back!!!
Posted By: 2catmom Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 10:17 AM
I think the thing I find most shocking about the fish world is how far you all travel - I had no idea. I thought there would just be fish people in every state.
What a nice looking family, two really cute little ones, hope they grow up to be close. And the pond and those huge fish are out of sight.
Posted By: wivell Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 11:41 AM
 Originally Posted By: Sunil

Any largemouth caught?

Colors are starting to change on the trees, and that is cool to see.

We caught a few largemouth, biggest was about 16".
Also caught a few nice perch, topping out around 14".
The fishing does seem to have slowed. Water temps probably in the 50s. Air temp when we left was 44.

Austin had a great time - as you can tell by his big smile.
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 01:40 PM
Wow, that Sunil is some kind of pond manager, isn't he? \:\) \:\)
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 02:30 PM
Very cool.

Sunil offered to bring me to his pond as well. Of course the day that I flew into Pennsylvania, he flew out of the country. \:D
Posted By: Rainman Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 06:20 PM
Run Forrest, Run!
\:\)
Posted By: Dwight Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 09:00 PM
Sunil, I see that you married up, too. Cute kids! Your life is good, my friend!!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 09:24 PM
Ah yes! Marrying up. It's a skill I believe I can teach to the younger brothers out there.
Posted By: ewest Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/12/09 09:26 PM
A good example to follow is the best teacher you can provide.
Posted By: 06will Re: Compliments of Sunil .... - 10/14/09 03:21 AM
Sunil what different spiecies of fish do you have in your pond? Do you feed pellets? Is the pond excavated or damned? Did you build it?
© Pond Boss Forum