Pond Boss
Posted By: george1 Bug Launcher Fly Rods - 07/08/09 10:39 AM
Temple Fork Outfitters has just issued a press release for a new series of inexpensive fly rods that sound perfect for the pond fly rodder.
Who ever heard of a $79.95 fly rod with a lifetime guarantee?

A point of major interest to me is the introduction of a companion Mini-Mag fly rod that is a lighter version of the original that many of you had a chance to cast at last years PB conference.

A Mini-Mag combo kit will be available in a couple of weeks with rod, reel, fly line and case that solves the problems for the pond fly fisherman on selection of reel and fly line.

This was my surprise of the week for me – I didn’t know they had that up their sleeve – gotta get me one of those.

Press Release:

July 7, 2009

TFOs New Mini Magnum/Mini-Mag Kits and Bug Launcher Fly rods

Who inspired you to pick up a fly rod? Chances are it was a parent, your “favorite” uncle or a close friend that helped you throw your first tailing loop with great pride. You probably landed your first fish on a hand me down rod with a missing guide and a doctored tip. If it’s time for you to pass your knowledge onto others, Temple Fork Outfitters has the perfect rod to hand down; introducing the Bug Launcher series of fly rods.

Bug Launchers include smaller diameter compressed cork grips and the yellow Bug Launcher logo stands out against a candy apple red blank. Speaking of blanks, this series is made from general graphite so there’s less risk when that passing dragonfly happens to take a swipe. Two models, a 7’ 4/5 weight and an 8’ 5/6 weight, both are 2 piece and have a suggested retail of $79.95

The Mini Magnum now has a little brother as TFO adds a 6/8 weight (200-300 grains) to the mix. Like its big brother, the Mini Mag 6/8 is not to exceed 8’, keeping it “legal” for many tournament fishing circuits. Equally at home in both fresh and salt water, Mini Mags are constructed with a hybrid combination of S-Glass and high-modulus carbon fiber for exceptional lifting power and casting ability. So go ahead and throw your favorite pattern into the junk, once eaten there’s enough butt strength to rip bronzebacks out of the rock quarry or wrestle linesiders away from the dock pilings.

Mini Magnum rods are not just powerful fishing tools; the polished blue marble finish makes these 3 piece rods a stunning piece of equipment topped with oversized stripping and snake guides. The up-locking reel seat features a cushioned channel that is set in a flor grade full wells cork grip with a large comfortable fighting butt. Suggested retail is $199.95.

Mini Mag kits (available mid-July) will include a TFO Prism CLA reel (7/8 or 9/11) rigged with a fly line (8 or 10 wt. line), leader and backing all packed neatly in a rod
and reel carrying case. Suggested retail is $299.95.
All TFO rods feature a lifetime unconditional warranty. Simply return the damaged rod with $25 for shipping and handling, and we will repair or replace your rod. For additional information contact your local dealer or visit http://www.templeforkflyrods.com .

Jim Shulin
Temple Fork Outfitters
(800) 638-9052 Toll free
jim@templeforkflyrods.com
Posted By: esshup Re: Bug Launcher Fly Rods - 07/08/09 12:37 PM
I got my Mini-Mag last week, it's mated to a Prism reel and 10 wt line. I haven't had a chance to target carp yet, but I couldn't resist throwing a fly in the pond. The 2# LMB that I caught to break the rod in showed me that it will work just fine for bigger fish. I like the way that it puts the line out there, the taper is exactly what I wanted and it breaks down small for travel. I'm raelly happy with it. George, thanks for the recommendation!
© Pond Boss Forum