Pond Boss
Posted By: Dwight Saturday Under Water - 06/21/09 12:54 AM
These are under water photos from this morning. Even with 13 feet of clarity, the camera does not see under water what I can see with my polarized fishing glasses.

Structure:
One of the X's

Christmas Trees

A Member of the Mine Field

2 Members of the Mine Field

Weed Line:

Bluegill Males on Beds:

Bluegill Females near Beds:

Large LMB near the X’s:

LMB Caught (literally) on UW Camera: (click it to see video)

Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Saturday Under Water - 06/21/09 01:19 AM
Much, much more than I can see under my pond, Dwight.

I'd think a man of your talents would have a polarized lens for the camera. ;\)
Posted By: esshup Re: Saturday Under Water - 06/21/09 01:33 AM
Nice pics! While I like the plankton bloom in my pond, I like that clarity too.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Saturday Under Water - 06/21/09 01:55 AM
That is some great photography and great looking fish... Do you see a lot of fish using the structure? Absolutely wonderful!
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Saturday Under Water - 06/21/09 02:23 AM
Excellent!
Posted By: Brettski Re: Saturday Under Water - 06/21/09 02:25 AM
I love how non-chalantly the other fish looks on as his brethren goes berserk, facing imminent danger. Fish are so uncaring; no compassion. He doesn't even lift a fin to help.
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Saturday Under Water - 06/21/09 02:54 PM
Fun pictures, Dwight.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Saturday Under Water - 06/21/09 06:19 PM
 Quote:
Do you see a lot of fish using the structure?

Added structure, weed lines and weed flats that are linked (by position)will all have fish relating to them during the summer. They use the linked structure as travel paths from one area to another, for feeding as well as safe areas from large predators.

In the winter when the submergent weeds are mostly gone, they relate to isolated structure wherever it is.

Speaking of large predators... When Gail and I were fishing later in the day I caught one of those famous Bremer Pond wide back NP. It was 15 plus pounds of fury that was weighed and with a mighty thrust wrenched itself out of my hand and back into the depths. They do make your heart level increase no matter how many times you catch one!
Posted By: Russ Re: Saturday Under Water - 06/21/09 09:16 PM
Quite the aquatic playground you've got there Dwight. In reference to Theo's post, would a "Corona" lens offer more clarity?

: )

Russ
Posted By: Dwight Re: Saturday Under Water - 06/22/09 02:48 PM
 Quote:
Would a "Corona" lens offer more clarity?

More distortion or more clarity, not sure.
Posted By: Brett295 Re: Saturday Under Water - 06/22/09 04:05 PM
Great pictures. The video was awsome too. Could you feel the strikes from that first LMB? I always wonder how many strikes I get that I don't even feel.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Saturday Under Water - 06/22/09 04:21 PM
Wow - very cool Dwight...I was hoping that LMB would end up commiting - I am envious of that water clarity! Very very sweet.
Posted By: ewest Re: Saturday Under Water - 06/22/09 05:34 PM
Great pics and vid. . Thanks for the effort to share.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Saturday Under Water - 06/23/09 02:38 PM
 Quote:
Could you feel the strikes from that first LMB? I always wonder how many strikes I get that I don't even feel.

Yes, I felt the strikes from the first LMB.

If you feel that you are missing strikes down size your rod and line weight. The lighter your equipment the more you will feel on the end of the line. Works for me, anyway.
© Pond Boss Forum