Pond Boss
Posted By: heybud Z Man lures - 04/24/09 02:02 AM
I have been using a Z Man salt filled worm the last few days and am catching bass on pretty much every cast. Anyone else tried them? They do tend to swallow them that makes it hard to get the hook out.
Posted By: RB Blackshear Re: Z Man lures - 04/24/09 02:10 AM
is this similar to a senko?
Posted By: jsand13 Re: Z Man lures - 04/24/09 02:14 AM
Ive been trying to find them on the internet but can't come up with anything. Where did you buy them from?
Posted By: heybud Re: Z Man lures - 04/24/09 02:46 PM
RB not sure if they are the same as senko. jsand I am buying them at a local general store and also found them at a small local bait shop. They also have a a special hook you can buy that is kind of a curved thing with a weight on each end with a little rubber ring. You attach the head of the plastic worm on one hook and the other hook is run through the body. Then you push the little rubber ring up against the worm to secure it. Maybe I can post a picture later today.
Posted By: RB Blackshear Re: Z Man lures - 04/24/09 04:28 PM
Yeah I havent heard of those before. A senko is a basic stick bait that just kills bass. You can use a 3inch senko to catch .5lb up to 7lb bass and is inhaled in the same manner that the z man lure you talked about is. I'd love to see a pic of this lure when you have a chance to post.
Posted By: heybud Re: Z Man lures - 04/24/09 06:35 PM

Posted By: RB Blackshear Re: Z Man lures - 04/24/09 06:48 PM
Yep those are the exact same thing as senkos. That is the same color that works for me out where I live as well. I had some hooks similar to that which were called keeper hooks. The good thing about these kinds of hooks is it help reduce ripping of the lure when you get a fish on. You can also throw these weightless because of all the salt that is injected in these it will slowly drop in the water column and I'd say 80% of my hits come on the drop.
Posted By: Lucky Larry Re: Z Man lures - 04/24/09 07:27 PM
Z-Man Lures web site is at http://www.zmanfishing.com
© Pond Boss Forum