Pond Boss
Posted By: JHFV Anbody see tv show hooked on bass? - 02/06/09 02:27 PM
I watched a show called hooked on bass that was on the national geographic channel 2 nights ago. The most ive ever learned about large mouth bass in my life. They follwed those guys trying to catch the world record bass over in California at Lake Dixon. Those guys were addicted big time. They caught the world record fish 2 times but the fish lost weigth ont the way to get weighed in the first time and the second time they fowl hooked the fish. They showed KVD alot too. I didnt know bass use the lateral lines to detect food in the water. Bunch of other good information about catching bass too.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Anbody see tv show hooked on bass? - 02/06/09 08:02 PM
I didn't see the show but here's a link to a photo of the famous Lake Dixon LMB.

Photo of the Dixon LMB
Posted By: cheezy1963 Re: Anbody see tv show hooked on bass? - 02/06/09 09:03 PM
Yes, I saw it. Or...I caught the last half of it while channel surfing. It was sad at the end when they found it dead. Did they ever say what the length was on that bass?
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Anbody see tv show hooked on bass? - 02/06/09 09:29 PM
I found this on one website about Dottie the bass...

"Dottie when caught in 2006, was an unbelievable 25 lbs. and 1 oz. Measuring 29 1/2 inches from snout to tail!"

At the time of her death she weighed 19 pounds and was 29.5 inches long. Tissue samples were collected by the California Department of Fish and Game and they were supposed to issue a report about her but I've never found out if it was issued or not. At the time of death CDF&G estimated her age at 15-17 years old (I don't have any idea as to how they came up with that).
Posted By: n8ly Re: Anbody see tv show hooked on bass? - 02/06/09 09:45 PM
I saw the whole program. I dont ever really watch tv, but I got tipped off about it coming on in an email from a friend about 3 minutes before it started.
© Pond Boss Forum