Pond Boss
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 PETA says stop fishng and rename them: - 01/17/09 02:10 PM
"Sea Kittens"

How can people be so stupid?

http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/about.asp
Posted By: davatsa Re: PETA says stop fishng and rename them: - 01/17/09 03:09 PM
The only "sea kittens" I catch are hardheads and gafftops. I think PETA needs random drug testing like the NFL. It would probably stop many of these "suggestions" of theirs.

We need slogans for this topic as well:

"Sea kittens: I like mine with ketchup and hushpuppies."
Posted By: TOM G Re: PETA says stop fishng and rename them: - 01/17/09 04:46 PM
Skip the catsup,it hides too much flavor \:\)
Lets face it, too many people have nothing better to do than try to mandate their weird beliefs. This touchy feely mentality is gonna be the death of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the taste of fish in the morning!
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: PETA says stop fishng and rename them: - 01/18/09 02:52 AM
CB1 - There you go again, stirring and agitating the pot. I sound like Ronald Reagan - There You Go Again. LOL. Why doesn't PETA first focus on saving human lives and educating people instead of putting all their efforts into animals. Maybe animals don't want their help. Way too many humans are born and die needlessly.
Because PETA has made it clear that they care less about human lives than animal lives.
what about a life that is half-human, half-animal?
Is that you, Beaver Boy?
haha, yeah. I feel more wild in the summer though, when I can go forage for food. Now, I'm like a domesticated monkey that is on a computer all the time in the winter.
 Originally Posted By: Beaver Boy
what about a life that is half-human, half-animal?

That would be the province of PETC, People for the Ethical Treatment of Chimeras.
Posted By: DJT Re: PETA says stop fishng and rename them: - 01/18/09 04:23 AM
I wonder what PETA folks do when they a termite, roach, or mouse problem in thier house? I'm sure they just move out and leave the house to the pests. ;\)
Posted By: davatsa Re: PETA says stop fishng and rename them: - 01/18/09 04:56 AM
Do they wear leather shoes? Have leather purses or wallets? Maybe leather belts?

Hypocrits.
I do my small part by sending for PETA info whenever I get a chance. I get all sorts of goodies. Plenty of stickers that have so many uses. If you don't like someone at work, you could stick them on their back. Some of this stuff is hilariously scary.

Posted By: Rainman Re: PETA says stop fishng and rename them: - 01/18/09 07:17 AM
I had to keep from laughing out loud when a woman came in to my store looking for "The BEST leather conditioner available" for the seats in her new car because they were so "comfortable". I showed her what I consider the best and as she read the ingrediants list, she said "OH! I DON'T want mink oil in it! That is SO cruel to animals!"

I did ask her if she thought the cow that was used for her new seats was comfortable with her sitting on it? After she digested what I'd just said, her eyes really started bugging out as the knowledge sank in. I never saw her again and often wondered if she had a steak that night for comfort food......
My favorite is the obese woman that was giving a taxidermist I know a hard time at his booth at an outdoor show. She bragged how she was a vegetarian and it was disgusting what he did blah, blah, blah. Anyway he got tired up it and got right in her face and said in a whisper, "Sweetie you didn't get that big eating veggies." Of course she stormed off and that was the end of her. \:D

My own experience happened at a local convenience store. (I apologize if I've already posted this.) I came in to get gas and had a t-shirt on that said Association of Indiana Taxidermists with a logo of a deer mount, fish etc. The cashier started in on my on how could I do that for a living, it was gross, and on and on and on. It was really annoying. The manager came walking in and the cashier turned to her and said, "This guy mounts animals for a living isn't that gross!" The manager replied, "Well someone has to do it" as if I was a garbage man or something (which I don't have any thing against the guys that pick up my garbage but resented the "someone has to do it comment."

I didn't say much, but instead wrote a letter to the company that owned the gas station. I was not nasty but I was to the point basicially saying as a businesman I understood that our employees were the frontline to out customers and were an intragel part to our success as a business etc. Then I related what happened to me and that I found it very insulting. I also told them I would not step foot in their store ever again (and never have). Surprisingly I got a reply and the management apologized and said they were going to look into it. They also send me a coupon which I pitched.

I'm thinking someone got fired as I saw the manager working at Wallmart. I did see the cashier working at the other gas station in town and she was very nervous when I came in. Of course I said nothing. But I haven't seen her there since.

I had an LPN ask me, "do you like what you do" in a very insulting way when she found out I did taxidermy while I was working in a clinical at a hospital studying to be an RN. I asked her how she felt about changing bedpans and that was all I ever heard out of her.
Posted By: Weissguy Re: PETA says stop fishng and rename them: - 01/18/09 05:17 PM
Fish are people too.
 Originally Posted By: Weissguy
Fish are people too.

You're absolutely right. I think we need to take up a collection to make sure they have heaters down there as they are suffering in that cold water!

BTW a lot of people don't know this but Wolves are almost human! They are great can can dancers!

And squirrels are just like our kids if you give them the right toys!

When I was in Norfolk I used to have to go to a place that was right next door to their HQ. Apparently they were not to fond of the military as they always yelled at us. My buddy got tired of it and brought a little brown bag with him one day. As I pulled up to the light he rolled down his window and waved them over. Then he handed them the bag. The light turned, I drove off and looked in the rear view mirror to see them throwing things at us. I guess the didn't like McDonalds Hamburgers either. And yes, quite a few of them are protesting while wearing leather shoes and belts. Go figure.
Posted By: Brett295 Re: PETA says stop fishng and rename them: - 01/19/09 02:57 PM
I would certainly hook and eat a "sea kitten", and I can't get enough fresh water "kittens".

I love the blank pink square on the right of the page called Sea Kitten Facts. Maybe they should research these sea kittens before they make a big deal about whether or not they are being treated ethicaly.

That is one of the most disturbing photos I've ever seen on pond boss and I've seen some fairly disturbing stuff here.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: PETA says stop fishng and rename them: - 01/21/09 03:03 PM
I agree! Whoa!!!
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
That is one of the most disturbing photos I've ever seen on pond boss and I've seen some fairly disturbing stuff here.

Notice how he doesn't think he POSTED any disturbing photo's here?
Jeff, Jeff, Jeff. The first step is admitting that you have a problem.

Therefore it stands to reason that No Admission=No Problem.

That philosophy has worked for me for 50 years, I see no reason to change what works.
Posted By: davatsa Re: PETA says stop fishng and rename them: - 01/21/09 03:32 PM
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond

That is one of the most disturbing photos I've ever seen on pond boss and I've seen created caused generated some fairly disturbing stuff here.

There, fixed it for ya.
These vile, unfounded attacks upon my character are completely unsupported by fact and cannot rise above baseless slander perpetuated by gentleman with less than honorable intentions.

Moderators I request, nay, I DEMAND immediate intervention and censorship to assist in the restoration of my good name.

Moderators, should you choose not to intervene on my behalf, I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that I have several, how shall I put this, photographs of questionable taste, of everyone of you, the distribution of which could compromise your standing in this community.

Thanks Davasta, that looks more accurate.

JHAP, who you calling a gentleman? My family tree is full of scoundrels, scallywags, horse thieves, cattle rustlers, and ne'er do well's. Kind of like the recruiting line of Hedley Lamar's in Blazing saddles.
 Originally Posted By: Jeff Walker
... the recruiting line of Hedley Lamar's in Blazing saddles.

"rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperadoes, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswagglers, horse thieves, bull (types), train robbers, bank robbers, (one type of) kickers, (another type of) kickers, and Methodists."

My wife's a Methodist.
Well other than the bank robbers (that I know of) that pretty much fits my family tree. Including Methodist and, heaven forbid, Protestants \:D
Posted By: TOM G Re: PETA says stop fishng and rename them: - 01/21/09 10:05 PM
And I thought that was a pic of one of JHAPS fish \:o \:D
If'n I had a fish in my pond that looked like that I would NEVER, EVER swim in the pond.
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
"rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperadoes, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswagglers, horse thieves, bull (types), train robbers, bank robbers, (one type of) kickers, (another type of) kickers, and Methodists."

My wife's a Methodist.

Hmmmm, so is mine, I wonder if that means something.
© Pond Boss Forum