Pond Boss
Looky want I found today.

Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/04/09 01:57 AM
Where's Wally?
Hanging out with that Eddie Haskell character!!!

I am uploading the pics I took of the damage this giant did. he must have weight 50-60 lbs. He was as large as a big dog.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/04/09 02:14 AM
Go get 'em! Keep good notes for your story. Here's what I want from you and Young Blood. First, always work in the 5 W's. (Anyone of you who want to write for Pond Boss, read this, please) People want to know Who, What, Where, When, Why and in most cases for Pond Boss, How?. Then, identify the problem as you see it. Answer this question, "The problem is..." Here's why. Beavers are actually a beneficial animal in many parts of the world. In much of the Rocky Mountain west, the only water that is impounded comes from Beavers. There, the water is more valuable than the trees the beavers cut. But, in your case, the beavers did what? Next part of the story is your due diligence. For example, "After I figured out the beavers were eating every desirable tree I have and were building lodges which compromised the structure of my dam (with photo support, of course), I decided to take action. Next, I contacted ???, learned of the different methods to capture/collect/trap the creatures and chose this path...."
You can produce a story that people can read and compare to the issues they are having.
Bring it on.
Photos...shoot good photos of slides, mud packed into the lodge over wood, trees which have been cut, the lodge(s) and your story will have much more credibility.
As for the story itself, shoot for 1200-1500 words, single spaced in Word, one space after a sentence, Times-New Roman, 12 font.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/04/09 02:37 AM
Don't look at the writing of the story as work; look at it as a labor of love.

This way, you won't procrastinate.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/04/09 02:41 AM
Was Young Blood paid at his hourly rate, or did you work out a piece-meal plan for the strapping young entreprenuer?
Posted By: ewest Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/04/09 02:42 AM
I hope you left him there so his friends could take notice.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/04/09 02:43 AM
 Originally Posted By: FattyMcButterpants
Looky want I found today.

Beaver are very tasty and easy to fix. They taste a lot like pork.

The meat is dark, rich, and delicious.

But, you must remove the glands when you skin it. There is a "castor" gland near the tail under the belly and the usual musk glands in the small of the back and under the forelegs. These should be carefully cut out without damage and discarded. Also, remove all surface fat. Hang the carcass in a cool place for several days.

The tail is also delicious. Many consider it a real delicacy. Many people parboil it, but you can put it over hot coals until it blisters. Then turn it over until the other side blisters. Remove the hard scaly skin. The meat is fantastic. Cube it, and prepare it with beans, much like you would with bacon or sausage.

Yum. Enjoy.

Ken
I paid Young Sir Steelman in Chicken fried steak

this is the first thing I saw
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/04/09 03:09 AM
 Originally Posted By: FattyMcButterpants

Yumm! Beaver Soup!
Posted By: Dwight Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/04/09 03:20 AM
Mr. FattyMcButterpants,

Where is the tape measured photo and scale reading for that bad Beav?
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/04/09 03:24 AM
Regarding writing the story...don't think about writing. Just tell the story. I'll do the rest...with love, of course.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/04/09 03:25 AM
Ward Fatty, weren't you a little rough on the Beaver last night?
 Originally Posted By: Dwight
Mr. FattyMcButterpants,

Where is the tape measured photo and scale reading for that bad Beav?

I forgot BOTH! I really wasnt expecting too much from my first trapping try (glad I was wrong). I was really happy when I saw that bad boy dead as a doornail. and the other trap still in place. I saw when it had taken a few more trees down the pond about 100 yards away from the lodge. I believe I may have more than just this one beaver. I am going to go back out NEXT weekend with more traps and take more pictures of the trees he took out.
I have pics of the damage uploaded if you want to see them lemme know.

I am going to start working on the writing tonight and get more pics on friday or saturday. I am all a twitter.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/04/09 03:36 AM
you'll never forget your first beaver
And with a beaver as large this, I doubt it.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/04/09 03:40 AM
Though you won't remain a twitter for long.
already 150 words in. I think I am going to need more words
Posted By: Brettski Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/04/09 04:13 AM
double space
with lots of pictures and LARGE fonts. I am using my big chief tablet.
Way to go. Were you able to reset the trap by yourself?
Posted By: Brettski Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/04/09 04:17 AM
use the word "like" often
for example: I saw this pile of sticks on my dam and I was like "whassup with this?" When I saw the size of the beaver, I was like all a twitter.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/04/09 04:40 AM
Maybe Brettski should right tha storee.
 Originally Posted By: Chris Steelman
Way to go. Were you able to reset the trap by yourself?

nope I need to go back with the clamp that I got. the trap was VERY slick and unable to reset it

the other traps was still in same place.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/04/09 01:09 PM
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
for example: I saw this pile of sticks on my dam and I was like "whassup with this?" When I saw the size of the beaver, I was like all a twitter.

That's a good start but it needs more meat to it.

I saw this pile of sticks on my dam and I was like "whassup with this?" Chris goes "I think that is a beaver". I was like "SHUT-UP." Chris was like, "DUDE I'm serious, it's a totally heinious beaver." I was like, "OH SNAP." Chris was like, "Totally." When I saw the size of the beaver, I was like all a twitter.

Oh and you should do something with the skin, make a hat or a coat, a vest, a tie, a pair of slippers, something.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/04/09 01:53 PM
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
 Originally Posted By: Brettski

That's a good start but it needs more meat to it.

I saw this pile of sticks on my dam and I was like "whassup with this?" Chris goes "I think that is a beaver". I was like "SHUT-UP." Chris was like, "DUDE I'm serious, it's a totally heinious beaver." I was like, "OH SNAP." Chris was like, "Totally." When I saw the size of the beaver, I was like all a twitter.

Brilliant! Lusk will be so proud.
I can see a collaborative effort to create a manuscript for the Pond Boss Players. A little musical thing we call "Fatty and the Beaver".
 Quote:
Oh and you should do something with the skin, make a hat or a coat, a vest, a tie, a pair of slippers, something

I'm certain that Catmandoo has a prize winning recipe for Fatty to submit Beaver Sticks to the Sunil Crocker Cook-off contest.

I was thinking a cool beaver fur band for my cowboy hat*
*not sold in pink.
That's cold.
"The only good varmint , is a DEAD varmint." - Carl Spackler
Posted By: Shorty Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/04/09 05:49 PM
Way to go Fatty! \:\)

Hopefully that is the only one present.
I HOPE so. Man those things can do a TON of damage all over the pond
Which trap was it caught in?

Were the holes that we blocked disturbed?
the trap that was closest to the middle of the pond. Some of the branches were moved
Posted By: Victor Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/05/09 02:35 AM
Ken, your 'Beaver on the Menu' suggestions don't do much to dispell the West Virginian stereotype. ;\)
Bob, I whipped up a little story and emailed it to you a minute ago....be gentle. I like totally haven't. like, you know, written anything since like college. And I was gnarly back then and was like not a writer kinda dude.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/05/09 03:27 AM
I'm already hungry for the sequel
I plan on having Will Smith play me and have Matt Damon as Chris Steelman. Big budget and lots of special effect. The screen play is AMAZING!!!
What type of trap is this? And where did you get it? And if you need the night-crew cyborg hunting squad please just let me know.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/05/09 03:53 AM
Just checked...got the story. Will look it over and get back to you.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Beaver - 0 Fatty McButterpants - 1 - 01/05/09 04:02 AM
After a quick read, I think it is a great story! A little editing and it's ready for prime time.
If any of you STILL are not subscribers to the world's greatest pond magazine, write the check! Don't miss this story, because you won't read it here.
 Originally Posted By: overtonfisheries
What type of trap is this? And where did you get it? And if you need the night-crew cyborg hunting squad please just let me know.

I might have to make a top secret call to the Cyborg night-crew. I am currently working with ninjas, but may need to bring in more firepower.
UDPATE!!!!!!!!!!

2 more beaver have since met their makers...this time not as passive...they were poisoned by bullets.

Fatty- gald to hear from you. Hope things are going well. Condello and I missed you again at the PB convention. Next time!
© Pond Boss Forum