Pond Boss
Posted By: george1 Pond Case Histories - 09/08/08 05:53 PM
I don’t keep written records – I keep photo records.
I am in the process of organizing and preparing a “case history” document of our ¼ acre HSB/RES/BG pond for personal use.

Today I received a PM requesting stocking and management questions for this type of pond and responded that I would share this information.

Edit: test confirmed multipe photos feasable, but will use for necessary documetation purposes only.
Will proced with project....
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Pond Case Histories - 09/08/08 06:31 PM
It could be hosted as a Word document on-line in a storage site like geocities, george, and you could post the link.

It would link kind of like this:
Text file stored on geocities
Posted By: Ric Swaim Re: Pond Case Histories - 09/08/08 06:35 PM
I guess maybe I'm missing something. Why can't you copy from MS Word & paste here?
Posted By: george1 Re: Pond Case Histories - 09/08/08 07:30 PM
 Originally Posted By: Ric Swaim
I guess maybe I'm missing something. Why can't you copy from MS Word & paste here?

Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Pond Case Histories - 09/08/08 08:17 PM
Another possibility is to make the entire thing one big image file and post it as a photo. Not saying it's a good way, just a possibility.
Posted By: george1 Re: Pond Case Histories - 09/08/08 08:25 PM
Good idea - it will be a lot of work but I have photo records of construction - dates of each stocking - and fish caught...etc
Posted By: Brettski Re: Pond Case Histories - 09/08/08 09:04 PM
I thought the pic limit got lifted
...?
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Pond Case Histories - 09/08/08 11:47 PM
Point - if not lifted, it is certainly much higher now.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Pond Case Histories - 09/09/08 12:33 PM
Great set of pics, george. It's really neat to see the progress from shot to shot.
Posted By: n8ly Re: Pond Case Histories - 09/09/08 12:51 PM
Indeed, that is quite the portfolio!
Posted By: davatsa Re: Pond Case Histories - 09/09/08 12:54 PM
I wish I had that many ponds at my place.
Posted By: HoneyHole Re: Pond Case Histories - 09/09/08 02:02 PM
Hi guys
I am new to posting on this site and have posted several pics of a project on a different thread. I was not aware of a limit to pics on a post. I grossly exceeded the limit if this is the case. Where can I find these guidelines?
Thanks
-HH
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Pond Case Histories - 09/09/08 03:03 PM
HH:

There (apparently) is no limit anymore. There USED to be a software limit of 8 (IIRC).

So post away your pics. Just string them vertically (as you did), not horizontally - that is truly dreadful to view on screen.
Posted By: n8ly Re: Pond Case Histories - 09/10/08 12:01 PM
George, I am chomping at the bit to see these pics! where did you and your pictures go???
Posted By: george1 Re: Pond Case Histories - 09/10/08 02:10 PM
 Originally Posted By: n8ly
George, I am chomping at the bit to see these pics! where did you and your pictures go???
Nate, that was a test to see how many pictures I could include in one post, so I deleted the repetitive photo.
I'm havidng to do a bunch of photo organizing to put together a "case history" of our 1/4 acre HSB/CNBG/RES pond.
I'llost it soon - promise.....
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Pond Case Histories - 09/10/08 03:31 PM
 Originally Posted By: george1
 Originally Posted By: n8ly
Nate, that was a test to see how many pictures I could include in one post, so I deleted the repetitive photo.

Dang! Another Fantasia moment.

We're patiently waiting, but eager to see, george.
© Pond Boss Forum