Pond Boss
Posted By: george1 Fly Fishin’ Pro - Fisheries Biologist - 06/09/08 07:44 PM
I would like to introduce Brandon Powers to my PM forum friends who has “volunteered” to help me out on the fly fishin’ stuff at the oncoming conference.

Brandon is a TAMU graduate fisheries biologist and a classmate of Todd Overton. He is presently employed as a fly fishing professional staff member of Temple Fork Outfitters, one of the foremost fly rod manufacturers in the country.

What a combination….!
Thanks Todd for the intro..

Brandon says “ most of us at TFO are usually more of the lurker type. We read the boards religiously, but only jump into the discussion when is is necessary”.

I’m looking forward to Brandon’s contribution to encourage more pondsters to add fly fishing to their fishing repertoire, as well as cutting me some slack – OK Brandon?

I might add that I have no business interest with TFO – just a satisfied customer.
Posted By: ewest Re: Fly Fishin’ Pro - Fisheries Biologist - 06/09/08 07:48 PM
Welcome Brandon - glad to have you join in the fun.
I will look forward to seeing Brandon at the conference. We had some good times together back in the day. Brandon is truly an asset to the forum, and I just hope he has enough time...

He can tie a heck of a bass bug!!
Welcome Brandon. Maybe you can teach me how to break my 50 year old brute force "bull whip" technique of getting enticing morsels out to the fish.

Of all the things that I'm looking forward to at the convention -- besides seeing so many of the PB faces in person -- is getting some real good advice from George.

Ken
Posted By: n8ly Re: Fly Fishin’ Pro - Fisheries Biologist - 06/10/08 12:30 PM
George,
I still havent bought my flyrod setup yet, just got a little to busy to pursue that avenue of pond enjoyment at the moment.

Anyhow, I am going to get the setup you recommended, just thought if TFO outfitters was going to bring a set or two along to the conference, I would definitely purchase it there either directly or via the silent auction.

I would have some time at Lusks place sunday to catch a few fish with my new gear!!!
Posted By: george1 Re: Fly Fishin’ Pro - Fisheries Biologist - 06/10/08 03:23 PM
 Originally Posted By: n8ly
George,
I still havent bought my flyrod setup yet, just got a little to busy to pursue that avenue of pond enjoyment at the moment.

Anyhow, I am going to get the setup you recommended, just thought if TFO outfitters was going to bring a set or two along to the conference, I would definitely purchase it there either directly or via the silent auction.

I would have some time at Lusks place sunday to catch a few fish with my new gear!!!

Nate, If I recall correctly, TFO has donated a certificate to the silent auction that the winner can select ANY flyrod or combo in their catalogue?
Posted By: BPowers Re: Fly Fishin’ Pro - Fisheries Biologist - 06/10/08 07:57 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I am really looking forward to the conference, and will be happy to help out in any way that I can.

Todd - It has been way too long. It will be really good to see you. I always mean to stop and visit on my way between Dallas and Houston. If I remember correctly, your first bass bug caught a much bigger bass than mine on Gibbon's Creek that afternoon!

Ken - Come on by and lets go cast. I just hope my bad habits don't rub off on you in the process!

George and I are planning to have lots of tackle on hand and will be tying flies and talking fishing to anyone who will listen. I started fly fishing in little ponds around the Dallas area when I was 12, and have been a fanatic ever since. Be warned, it does not take much to get me going when it comes to pond fishing!

TFO is also donating a couple of beginner kits and a Certificate for the "Rod of Your Choice" to the auction. George and I are also putting together some pond fly selections which means I need to get tying!
Posted By: Wood Re: Fly Fishin’ Pro - Fisheries Biologist - 06/10/08 08:21 PM
My son uses a TFO, 5 weight, 9 foot, 2 piece rod. A very nice flyrod indeed.

[img][/img]
Hey, Wood! Y'all having to fish in soft water yet?
Posted By: Wood Re: Fly Fishin’ Pro - Fisheries Biologist - 06/10/08 08:30 PM
Ya Theo, my pond was ice-free May/01. Got 212 days of ice cover last winter. Still not a record, but close.
© Pond Boss Forum