Pond Boss
Posted By: BrianShpock March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/12/08 05:12 PM
Just in! My wonderful postal worker delivered my magazine today. Good reading tonight!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/12/08 05:29 PM
Got mine today
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/12/08 06:36 PM
The mailman brought mine yesterday, with a loose cover. Mrs. Gallus snagged it and read it first.
Posted By: Victor Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/12/08 11:00 PM
Without giving anything away (I know the cardinal rule), I will just say that I am also in receipt of the Pondcyclopedia Aeratanicca.
Posted By: n8ly Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/12/08 11:32 PM
pretty slick Vic, you did however give quite a bit of info about the mag contents away, and I havent even got my copy yet!
Posted By: catmandoo Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/12/08 11:50 PM
Yup. Most of it made it in one piece* to "no address" WV.

[*Edit: My "centerfold" fell out, and was no longer in the center.]
Posted By: RobA Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/13/08 12:24 AM
Woo hoo!!! I got it today!!!
DD1, i'll be taken that superwait crown back this time around...
Posted By: Sunil Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/13/08 02:26 AM
Actually, when mine arrived, it was beat up. I think we'll hear that a lot of ours were beat up. I think this is due to the shear size of the thing. The old binding method can no longer contain the girth of what is now Pond Boss. My cover is now apart from the guts.

Not only that you got yours, but comment if it was in one piece or not.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/13/08 02:30 AM
The center four pages of mine fell out when I got them. The massive volume of information exceeded the specifications of the staples. \:\)
Posted By: Sunil Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/13/08 02:37 AM
There's just too much mass between the covers. Most likely the curb weight of the magazine simply overwhelmed the tiny staples.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/13/08 10:35 AM
Mine is still intact. Need to watch Ray Scotts video
Posted By: n8ly Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/13/08 03:34 PM
Got mine today, and the cover was not attached to the rest of the mag.
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/13/08 04:08 PM
I guess I should check and see if I got mine.
Posted By: Victor Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/13/08 04:50 PM
Nate, I didn't think I was giving too much away since Lusk had already posted about it. Sorry to you and others if I ruined anything. BTW - mine was in fine condition. If the printer were to use a seal on the open end to keep it closed they may have more success for not much more cost (but then the mailman couldn't read it).
Posted By: Sunil Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/13/08 05:52 PM
Victor, you are right...Luskie did let on about the main thrust of this issue.
Posted By: george1 Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/13/08 05:52 PM
Not here yet - maybe self-destructed...
Posted By: n8ly Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/13/08 05:56 PM
Victor,
I thought your post was pretty genious! Got my mag and am having a hard time not reading it until later. I would like to comment on SE ponds add on the back page. It looks super cool! Way better than the old liming pic. Is that legal to say in this thread?
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/13/08 06:23 PM
 Originally Posted By: n8ly
Victor,
I thought your post was pretty genious! Got my mag and am having a hard time not reading it until later. I would like to comment on SE ponds add on the back page. It looks super cool! Way better than the old liming pic. Is that legal to say in this thread?

No. Local police have been contacted. Do not attempt to leave your computer. ;\) \:D
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/13/08 08:11 PM
South Dakota is on the front end of delivery this time! Mine arrived today, as did the one for a pondowner here in Brookings.
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/13/08 09:04 PM
I checked....NO pond boss \:\(

Oh well I will just have to go fishing up at Texhoma at my friends bachelor party. Poor poor me.
Posted By: MarkECIN Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/13/08 10:46 PM
Got mine Saturday-absolutely beautiful magazine. I read it all, shared it and going thru it again. \:\)
Posted By: tjstubbs Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/13/08 11:17 PM
I got mine today...the cover wasnt attached, but i was still happy to see it...:)
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/15/08 02:02 PM
Fishing report, Fatty??
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/16/08 06:19 PM
Got mine Yesterday when I returned from Texoma. A guess the PB is bigtime now, I got a dvd insert in the mag. WOW Pondboss groweds up and groweds up. OK now about the fishing at Texoma. It was a toiugh day. Cold and windy in the morning. and clean skies in the PM. We managed 12 fish (1 cat, 1 Sandy, 10 striper) and we had to work for them. But it was still a fun day. Our guide was good and we were comfortable too. But I havent even had this bad of a day on on texoma. EVERYONE we saw or talked too didnt even do as well as we did.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/16/08 06:22 PM
Are the fish up in the river? When I went last time it was in March and the stripers were way up the river. Here's a picture of one of the stripers we caught. Can you recognize the spot?
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/16/08 06:23 PM
You bet , I fished there a million of time......
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/16/08 06:24 PM
PS. You didnt show a pic or map or anything. Thanks for playing.... ;\)
Posted By: george1 Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/16/08 06:27 PM
It looks as if I'm going to be the last on the Pony Express delivery route this time.... \:\(

With all the talk about the aeration issue, I'm downright embarrasssd that I recently posted about a DIY aeration system...
Oh well.......
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/16/08 06:31 PM

Oops. Here it is. Can you guess the spot?
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/16/08 06:41 PM
Yes.
You are in lake texoma!!!
Posted By: george1 Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/16/08 11:56 PM
 Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello

Oops. Here it is. Can you guess the spot?

Originally Posted By: FattyMcButterpants
Yes.
You are in lake texoma!!!

Texoma on the fly....

Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/17/08 12:03 AM
Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! \:\) \:\) \:\)
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/17/08 12:55 AM
Goerge is the Flymaster in my book. I bet those were awesome on a fly rig. Swwwwwweeeeeetttttt
Posted By: george1 Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/17/08 01:00 AM
 Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
Are the fish up in the river? When I went last time it was in March and the stripers were way up the river. Here's a picture of one of the stripers we caught. Can you recognize the spot?

I guess it‘s OK to high - jack the thread since I was the last post about PB Pony Express delivery.

Bruce, if I remember correctly, your fish came from East side of Washita Point which is considered by most as “main /mid lake area” of the Washita River. “Mid lake areas” of the Red River Arm of the lake are considered to be between Preston Point, High Port Marina, Mill Creek Marina to Willis Bridge.

Fatty McB, the "mid-lake" areas are the “high percentage” areas where most of the big female trophy stripers are caught March through April.
The smaller males are generally up river during March

“SRAC Publication No. 301
Hybrid Striped Bass
Hatchery Phase
Ronald G. Hodson and Maureen Hayes*

Spawning runs for
striped bass species occur from late
March to late May depending on
location. Spawning grounds for
striped bass are usually found near
deep, swift and turbulent sections of
a river, well upstream from lakes,
reservoirs and sounds. Males begin
their spawning run 1 to 3 weeks before
the females when water
temperature is less than 15° C.
Female striped bass begin their
spawning migration when water
temperature is around 15° C. For
any given population of striped bass
several periods of spawning may
occur during a 4- to 5-week period
when water temperatures are 16 to
20° C. Periods of spawning activity
during this time frequently follow
sudden temperature increases of 1
or 2° C.”

One of my favorite "high percentage" spots during February and early March is Eisenhower Marina when the shad are attracted by the warmer water under the tin roofs of the boat slips, and the big moe strpers follow.
When the birds leave the marinas the stripers head for mid-lake areas.

Worked for me...
Posted By: george1 Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/19/08 06:52 PM
Got mine today - looks like the Pony Express rider had to swim his horse across the East Fork of the Trinity River.....
Water logged but readable....
Posted By: ewest Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/19/08 07:42 PM
None here - YET ! \:\(
mine showed up today, staples still holding, cant wait to read it.........who else is still waiting?

i would like my crown back.
Posted By: ewest Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/27/08 01:49 AM
None here yet -- very late for me !!! \:\(
wow eric, if there's anybody i would be happy to give the crown......so why is bob mad at you? \:D
Posted By: ewest Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/27/08 02:14 PM
-- -- --

DIED you will have to ask Bob or the mailman or Sunil as I really think he intercedes in the process just for the fun of jerking us all around. \:D .

Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/27/08 02:18 PM
 Originally Posted By: dave in el dorado ca
wow eric, if there's anybody i would be happy to give the crown......so why is bob mad at you? \:D

Not so fast there. I still haven't received my magazine either.

If I don't get it in a few days I think I'll call ya up Dave and see if you'll read it to me. Sort of like a bed time story.

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, there was a beautiful little pond. And in this pond lived a horribly mean Redeared Sunfish........
Posted By: TOM G Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/27/08 02:43 PM
Sorry,I got too excited to post,got mine last weekend.

Jeff...as I sat at my 90,000 acre pond...thats 4,682&1/2 ft deep,reeling in 10lb perch and37-50lb LMB,spilling ice cold brewskys every time I catch a fish.....
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: March/April Magazine arrival! - 03/27/08 03:19 PM
 Originally Posted By: TOM G
...spilling ice cold brewskys every time I catch a fish.

Whoa there, keep a firmer grip on the can. Beer don't grow on trees ya know. \:\)
© Pond Boss Forum