Pond Boss
Posted By: TOM G weather check - 01/30/08 01:19 PM
Yesterday I woke up and had coffee by the pond...temp..69

Today I got coffee,walked outside,frowned and came back in..28

Ahh well,its Texas summer one day,winter the next
Posted By: n8ly Re: weather check - 01/30/08 01:54 PM
Yesterday I woke up and the temp was 51...
This morning I woke up and the temp is 2...with 20 mph winds and -14 wind chill.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: weather check - 01/30/08 02:01 PM
Does anyone (besides maybe Rad) NOT live somewhere where the natives say "If you don't like the weather here, wait a day or two"?
Posted By: Brettski Re: weather check - 01/30/08 02:02 PM
How come Wood never complains?
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: weather check - 01/30/08 02:04 PM
Because his upper lip is frozen to his lower lip.
Posted By: Wood Re: weather check - 01/30/08 02:25 PM
Now that you mention it, the digital thermometer read -41c this morning, my water pipes are frozen and I had to run a propane heater under my oil pan for four hours to get the car started. It's been below -35c since Sunday. We are looking at a high of -17c by the weekend. We add the windchill on top of these temps, but we don't even talk about it.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: weather check - 01/30/08 02:30 PM
Isn't it about -41 where the Celsius and Farenheit scales meet?
Posted By: Dwight Re: weather check - 01/30/08 02:35 PM
Back in the early 1970s we lived in North Dakota and had a six week period when the day time high never went above -20 F! We had a block heater and a tank heater both running so the car would start in the morning. A year later we moved to balmy southern Minnesota. Now if I feel like complaining about the weather, I think of that time and then go about my daily business happily warm at -12 F this morning.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: weather check - 01/30/08 02:40 PM
Hey Wood, the WeatherGal said it was pretty cold this morning, Down to 30 but should warm to the mid fifties later on today. Bring the boys and come on down.
Posted By: Brettski Re: weather check - 01/30/08 02:48 PM
 Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello

Hello Kelvin
Posted By: Matt Clark Re: weather check - 01/30/08 03:31 PM
n8: right there witcha in S.E. Iowa. Seemed actually rather pleasant at 6 AM yesterday. That was the last of that thought. REALLY nasty this AM. The drive home yesterday was no picnic, either.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: weather check - 01/30/08 04:04 PM
 Originally Posted By: Brettski

Hello Kelvin

Would that be Kelvin Rankine, used to play wide receiver for the Eskimos up in Edmonton? ;\)
Posted By: TOM G Re: weather check - 01/30/08 05:29 PM
Thanks Wood,I feel better now.As Dave said,bring the boys and come on down,bring your swimsuit and pole and we'll supply fishing& beverages
Posted By: LRunkle Re: weather check - 01/30/08 08:44 PM
(x-32)5/9=x
9x=5x-160
4x=-160
x=-40

You are correct, Bruce. Where does that icon that says you are a
subscriber come from?
Posted By: Sunil Re: weather check - 01/30/08 08:52 PM
Layton, glad to see you back & posting.

Regarding the "I Subscribe" thing, see the area, Common Q&A Archives, and in there is a thread regarding this logo.
Posted By: Chris Steelman Re: weather check - 01/30/08 10:13 PM
When I left for school yesterday at noon it was 74 and after I got out at 5 it was in the low 40's. This morning it was 19.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: weather check - 01/31/08 02:44 PM
Because his upper lip is frozen to his lower lip.

Now that's funny no matter who you are! \:D \:D \:D
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: weather check - 01/31/08 02:49 PM
It's 16 F. here in northeastern Indiana and we are potentially expecting the biggest snowstorm of the season. I'm excited! I guess I'm a kid at heart as I have always liked snowstorms. Part of my childhood was spent in New England where getting a forecast that predicted 12 to 24 inches was not that unusual -- or even 24 to 36 inches! Good ol' northeasters!

But of course it helps that I work in my home and don't have to drive to work. He He.

Gotta go. Work is calling! Slept in a little this morning as I was up burning the midnight oil doing taxes.
Posted By: bobad Re: weather check - 01/31/08 03:51 PM
Currently 62 and overcast here, dropping to 37 tonight. We're going to to get smacked with a cold front around noon, complete with a nasty squall line.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/Conus/full_loop.php

Looks like the head of the same system that's going to give you the big snow, Cecil

My pond is about 12" over full, and if I get 3-4 more inches of rain today, the levees will get a serious test. I doubt the bermuda grass will wash out, but you never know.
Posted By: Rad Re: weather check - 02/01/08 05:56 AM
Bobad,
I have a 3" gas engine pump that you can borrow in exchange for the 12" over, that is about how much I am low.

86 degrees, beautiful blue skies, with some great looking fluffy white clouds.
Posted By: davatsa Re: weather check - 02/01/08 02:44 PM
The projected high on Monday (San Antonio) is 81 degrees.

I'll be working and fishing tomorrow with dad (ahvatsa), and I hope the warming trend will have the fish a little more active.
© Pond Boss Forum